Hey guys I know this has probably been answered before and I will ask again since I cant seem to find one striaght answer. I sold my BB Z10 about a month ago since I could need get my push email working at all and my contacts list was seriously screwed up. Now I have my lumia 920 which is a great device I must say however I still prefer the blackberry 10 OS. I have a great chance to get another Z10 today! My simple two question are as follows.
    1. Will my hotmail (Sign In or www.outlook.com) work with PUSH email
    2. Will my outlook.com contacts get transferred without problems to my phone via the cloud (outlook.com)

If this all works without problem I will once again pickup the Z10 because I loved the OS and the feel. However I just need these questions answered.

OHHHH! one more thing, my work uses OUTLOOK email with windows 7 and I would like to know if I can also get push email from the actual OUTLOOK email program to.
    Thanks ahead of time and even though this has been answered I could not find the proper information, if you guys can guide me back I will be a happy Z10 USER love the phone!

Julian
    03-15-13 10:35 AM
    1. I think yes, you need to configure that in the email settings on the website though if im not mistaken..but its for pop3 and imap settings, i use gmail and ticked the pop3 forwarding on the website

2. I believe you can sync/upload your outlook contact with gmail or yahoo mail and have them push it to your z10, google how to sync outlook with gmail... when the sync is performed any additional contacts added will automatically synced with gmail/yahoo contacts

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 10:41 AM
    OK so the push setting cannot be configured in the phone? My Lumia has a email setting to "retrieve mail as it arrives" I would not be able to do that with my Z10. Sorry to sound so stupid I am just not very educated with this kind of thing.
    03-15-13 10:44 AM
    BTW I am using hotmail/outlook and not Gmail.
    03-15-13 10:45 AM
    Can I adda nother question and ask if syncing with Hotmail/Outlook.com syncs calendar entries too? Can you create/delete entries from both the phone and online interface?
    03-15-13 10:51 AM
    I dont use the outlook calendar I just use the one on my phone. However the calendar on my Lumia 920 in no way reflects outlook.com. They are seprate, is that what you needed to know?
    03-15-13 10:56 AM
    I'm using Hotmail/Outlook and my Z10 works with it flawlessly. Everything syncs two-way, including mail, contacts, and calendar(s). I loved how easy it was when I first tried it that I migrated away from Google/Gmail.
    datgurl and vjvj like this.
    03-15-13 10:59 AM
    I think you can set the retrieve rate in the phone.. its not push email since basically your z10 pulls data every 15 minutes from the hotmail server.. the z10 did not use blackberry internet service (bis), but an ordinary data service, my work email also lost its push due to that..something related to the bis being replaced by ordinary data service..but thats my opinion though..

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 11:00 AM
    For outlook in your officr, if your organization have microsoft active sync included in the outlook license, its possible for push email just like previous bb handsets,but if your organization's like mine and not licensing activesync, you can only use pop3 forwarding.. consult your it department on this one as my z10 took an hour to set up work email and thats with my it support help

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 11:05 AM
    Yes, yes and yes, I just got my email, contacts, and calender synced between my Z10 and my Outlook on my PC, without business or enterprise support or system.

Not through a USB cable though, in the cloud/internet using Outlook.com.

Here's how;
    Synchronising contacts and calendars from Outlook on your PC to your phone | Windows Phone How-to (Canada)

Just follow the steps on the wizard;
    Outlook Contacts and Calendar Sync Solution

Here's a tip (all little problem I ran into), after you get everything set up, and if it's not showing up on your Z10 (lets take the calendar as an eg.) then just go to account setting in your Z10, to where it asks what email, under your Hotmail email address, just turn off 'sync calendar' they turn it on again. You're new calender will appear off of Outlook.com to your Z10, just check mark it and everything will appear on you Z10 the same way as on your PC Outlook calendar.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    03-15-13 11:07 AM
    Yes, yes and yes, I just got my email, contacts, and calender synced between my Z10 and my Outlook on my PC, without business or enterprise support or system.

Not through a USB cable though, in the cloud/internet using Outlook.com.

Here's how;
    Synchronising contacts and calendars from Outlook on your PC to your phone | Windows Phone How-to (Canada)

Just follow the steps on the wizard;
    Outlook Contacts and Calendar Sync Solution

Here's a tip (all little problem I ran into), after you get everything set up, and if it's not showing up on your Z10 (lets take the calendar as an eg.) then just go to account setting in your Z10, to where it asks what email, under your Hotmail email address, just turn off 'sync calendar' they turn it on again. You're new calender will appear off of Outlook.com to your Z10, just check mark it and everything will appear on you Z10 the same way as on your PC Outlook calendar.
    Hey thanks for the responce! So if i clearly understand all this, I can use the same guide for the windows phone for my BB Z10 and it will all work. I don't car about calender, all I care about is my contacts properly syncing. According to user harryoseto, he says the quickest time to retrieve email is 15min. this wont work for me. I want full push to get email as it arrives? Is this possible? I want to be sure before making this move after work today, otherwise I will be greatly dissapointed. ITs something i need
    03-15-13 11:30 AM
    Hey thanks for the responce! So if i clearly understand all this, I can use the same guide for the windows phone for my BB Z10 and it will all work. I don't car about calender, all I care about is my contacts properly syncing. According to user harryoseto, he says the quickest time to retrieve email is 15min. this wont work for me. I want full push to get email as it arrives? Is this possible? I want to be sure before making this move after work today, otherwise I will be greatly dissapointed. ITs something i need
    Yes, can someone answer this? There was a lot of reporting that Push was lost with BB10. But then some CrackBerry article came out to "de-bunk" that, but I'm not sure how it works. Does Hotmail support ActiveSync and that's how it works on the Z10?

With this guy's 920 (and my Torch 9850) I get a Hotmail email on my phone as soon as it arrives in my inbox. If I am going to have to sacrifice that and get iPhone-like email quality, then it's likely many of us aren't interested in staying with BlackBerry.
    Last edited by ChrisInSD; 03-15-13 at 03:09 PM.
    03-15-13 12:10 PM
    Ok, I just tested it for you.

I have two email accounts, a [email protected] account and a [email protected] account.

On my PC, I sent a test email from my @hotmail.com to my @sympatico.ca account, it showed up on my Z10 in 2 seconds.

On my PC, I sent a test email the other way around from my @sympatico.ca account to my @hotmail.com account and it showed up on my Z10 in 3 seconds.

Both times, a bell sounded (I have sound notification turned on for email) and the red light started flashing on my Z10.

Is that what you're looking for?
    Last edited by Edward in Toronto; 03-15-13 at 12:19 PM. Reason: basic grammer editing
    ChrisInSD likes this.
    03-15-13 12:15 PM
    Yes, can someone answer this. There was a lot of reporting that Push was lost with BB10. But then some Crackberry article came out to "de-bunk" that, but I'm not sure how it works. Does Hotmail support ActiveSync and that's how it works on the Z10?

With this guys 920 (any my Torch 9850) I get a hotmail email on my phone as soon as it arrives in my inbox. If I am going to have to sacrifice that and get iPhone-like email quality, then it's likely many of us aren't interested in staying with BlackBerry.
    Yes please someone answer! I have until 4pm to get this straight and then I am making my decision! I need guidance guys since I do love the Z10 and the OS but I need outlook/hotmail.com push to be sent directly to my phone as it arrives.
    03-15-13 12:20 PM
    Yes, even though they mention it's for a Windows phone, I did it on my Z10. They don't really give step by step instructions though the menu of a Windows phone, they're just writing that because it's Microsoft, so instead of writing 'Mobile Phone', they feel the need to write 'Windows phone'.
    03-15-13 12:24 PM
    Ferrazz:

This has been talked about a lot on this forum. BB10 does not utilize the BIS for email delivery. This mean that it cannot push all email accounts like the old BlackBerrys did. However, all is not lost! As long as your email provider supports the Activesync standard, it'll still push. Outlook.com email accounts do support Activesync (it's a Microsoft technology afterall), and you can expect instant email delivery to your BlackBerry Z10.

I think a lot of people are switching to Outlook.com to retain this capability as Gmail is dropping Activesync support soon.

Enjoy your Z10!
    03-15-13 12:28 PM
    Push through the carrier or bis was lost. Push is still available if your email service supports it. Hotmail/outlook.com is one of the few that offers activesync for free. Google only includes it with their paid service.
    Account settings for hotmail has an email sync option, no time component. It is near instant for me.

Yes please someone answer! I have until 4pm to get this straight and then I am making my decision! I need guidance guys since I do love the Z10 and the OS but I need outlook/hotmail.com push to be sent directly to my phone as it arrives.
    03-15-13 12:29 PM
    Also, you should have no issues with contact sync between Outlook.com and the Z10 either!
    03-15-13 12:30 PM
    haha, i should have refreshed
    03-15-13 12:31 PM
    It's a 3 step process, download and install the Outlook.com connector on your PC. Then sync your PC to Outlook.com. Then sync your Z10 to Outlook.com. Easy if you follow the wizard link above.
    03-15-13 12:32 PM
    Everybody I wanted to thank you so much for answering something that has been discussed many times and I just could not wrap my head around it! I am leaving at 4pm and going to pickup yet another blackberry Z10 and finally be happy that with outlook.com it should all work fine and dandy! Thanks once again guys, this is a great form for inquiries and help.

Julian
    Z10Joey likes this.
    03-15-13 12:44 PM
    I think there's been an effort to either troll or spread FUD on this issue, and it's confused a lot of users. Bottom line: EAS actually IS "push" e-mail, and syncs calendar, contacts, and e-mail very quickly.
    03-15-13 12:47 PM
    Now I am happy and can't wait to ge my Z10! Despite still being sad about losing my excellent offline Nokia Maps which is the best feature of this 920! Can't have both since I can't afford.
    03-15-13 12:59 PM
    The outlook.com sync works very well for me . Even with the iPad, but not with a MacBook.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 02:20 PM
    Ferazzz, can you post your findings and how you got on setting up your accounts?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 02:31 PM
33 12