Just switched over from a Iphone 5 to a Z10.....

Now am I missing something - for text messages/notifications......I get a flashing led and beep but the text message is not shown on the default screen.

I have to unlock the phone, scroll over to the hub, select text messages.

On the Iphone 5, the text jut pops up on the main screen..locked or not.

Is there a setting somewhere??

Cheers
    03-15-13 10:03 AM
    For privacy reasons, why would you want anyone to be able to see it?

And I don't know.
    03-15-13 10:05 AM
    Nope. That's how it goes. All messages get aggregated to the hub. Takes a bit of time to get used to it.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-15-13 10:05 AM
    For privacy reasons, why would you want anyone to be able to see it?

And I don't know.
    So true. My cousin is a total iPerson and each time any message comes on her phone it pops up and I can read it before she picks up the phone. I always try not to but it's not good for privacy.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 10:10 AM
    Hmm for a message company (BB) they sure make the steps involved to get to the information unnecessarily slow.

Think this Z10 is going back.

Back to Iphone 5......
    03-15-13 10:11 AM
    Blackberry is a business based idea - why would any business man / woman want their messages on screen where anyone can see them. We private users have discovered the thrill of the blackberry and I am very happy that my messages are secured under my hub!
    kbz1960, ErinnM, DPS13 and 10 others like this.
    03-15-13 10:19 AM
    Hmm for a message company (BB) they sure make the steps involved to get to the information unnecessarily slow.

Back to Iphone 5......
    I highly recommend using whatever device best suits your needs. If that's an iPhone 5, all the power to you.

Cheers.
    03-15-13 10:21 AM
    Sorry that you didn't know about this but the "hub" has been shown off prior to the phone launching.

To be honest, I don't want my texts popping up for others to see, especially when the screen is big.
    Lehomer, kbz1960, brout and 6 others like this.
    03-15-13 10:22 AM
    Have fun back on your iphone... I am enjoying the safety and security of
    My messages in the hub....and this post had so much potential

Posted on my Z10

Posted via CB10
    KTJ7679, Stewartj1 and bungaboy like this.
    03-15-13 10:22 AM

Back to Iphone 5......
    Coming from an iPhone as well, I thought this was a deal breaker for me as well, but after a few weeks I have not missed it.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 10:27 AM
    BlackBerry phones have always been this way by design. That's why there's always been 3rd party apps to provide this "feature" to those that desire it. I believe the one of the early options for the BB10 platform is the Hub++ app, and more will come as the API's are released.

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee, xiaohuaxing and djmm2 like this.
    03-15-13 10:28 AM
    I have an iPad from work. I have turned off all notifications because everyone and their sister sees every message I am receiving. But whatever floats your boat. Love my z10.
    03-15-13 10:28 AM
    Initially I missed the pop up notifications but now I feel it's better to have peek into the hub. So someone next to me can't glance my message. But wait let's hope blackberry might bring the cinnamon toast notifications soon so we will have a choice.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, djmm2 and EsJayDee like this.
    03-15-13 10:32 AM
    I was trying to set up an account for someone's iphone, and these messages kept popping up. Was pretty annoying to be honest.

The BB hub is pretty on point and a pleasure to use. Anyways let me get this straight, you're complaint is that you find it a hassle or difficult to quickly and seamlessly move your finger to the right, in order to peek or full on look at your hub? If you master the finger swipe technique =P, I think you'd find it quite handy and that you'd get things done quicker.
    03-15-13 10:35 AM
    Blackberry is a business based idea - why would any business man / woman want their messages on screen where anyone can see them. We private users have discovered the thrill of the blackberry and I am very happy that my messages are secured under my hub!
    its obviously an option on the iPhone to have it come up on the lock screen. I liked it. It should be an option for BB as well. More customization the better.
    taz323 and xiaohuaxing like this.
    03-15-13 10:39 AM
    I rather not have a pop-up. If this feature ever came to BB, I hope I have the ability to disable it.

My wife and I sent silly BBM's to each other. I rather keep those between her and I and not a co-worker or family member that just so happened to glance at the phone at that time.
    kbz1960, KTJ7679, ErinnM and 5 others like this.
    03-15-13 10:44 AM
    He's just trolling . . . No real interest in an answer, just a backhanded way of bringing up what he sees to be a shortcoming . . Doubt he ever had a z10 to take back, and if so he sure didn't do his research. I have a clever word for people like this, but last time I used it I got an infraction good riddence bud . . .
    03-15-13 11:00 AM

Back to Iphone 5......
    See ya . . probably won't miss ya . .
    The_Big, trynacu2, alan510 and 3 others like this.
    03-15-13 11:01 AM
    its obviously an option on the iPhone to have it come up on the lock screen. I liked it. It should be an option for BB as well. More customization the better.
    You'll find yourself out of luck on Windows Phone and Android as well. No OS (other than iOS) currently turns on the screen and shows your message off to the world like that. I've actually had my Google account password stolen that way. Anyways, I guess being implemented as a feature might be nice, but blackberries are known for being secure, so I doubt they would go that route.
    jrmgolem likes this.
    03-15-13 11:03 AM
    revtech

Dude - give it a rest.

Got the Z10 yesterday evening - it was/is a VALID question. Not trolling.

Don't insult please........ Many devices, many options.....I'm trying to like it. People come here for help...That's what I did.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings because I "may" go back to the Iphone.
    03-15-13 11:05 AM
    Isn't this coming in future updates? Aren't they called 'toasts'?
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    03-15-13 11:06 AM
    I guess iPhone users are too used to their business all out to be read by anyone. I didn't even know iPhone messages did that.

I have had Blackberry's most of my life with a phone and I would die if my messages were just open like that. Especially since in my home, I leave my phone in one room or another when I am cleaning. Or if I am at a family members house I am known to leave it in some room by accident. I don't want them snooping. I love the privacy.

Also it is very annoying to be busy on your phone doing something and have a message pop out of nowhere. That is what I love about the hub so you can quickly peek, see if it is important to message back right away, or ignore for a bit.
    03-15-13 11:12 AM
    Just switched over from a Iphone 5 to a Z10.....

Now am I missing something - for text messages/notifications......I get a flashing led and beep but the text message is not shown on the default screen.

I have to unlock the phone, scroll over to the hub, select text messages.

On the Iphone 5, the text jut pops up on the main screen..locked or not.

Is there a setting somewhere??

Cheers
    Try Hub++, it'll give you some more options that don't come with the phone for messaging. As far as less options to decide whether this is something you should turn on/off, well, everyone on Crackberry complained about a lot of customization being removed for BB10, but BB have said they will bring some stuff back in updates.
    At the end of the day, you have to accept that moving from one platform to another will require some sacrifices regardless. I just keep the text app open on an active frame and if I get a text, I go there immediately. But you have to chose the phone that suits you, of course, that's the beauty of options; going back to your old iOS, though, seems like the easy way out. Anyway, cheers buddy, hope you figure it out.
    JR A, frannip, ghundiraj and 3 others like this.
    03-15-13 11:18 AM
    Hey Rob,
    I think these features are in the making, and will probalby hit future OS updates
    see the link: Blackberry 10 Cinnamon Toast and French Toast UI slides leaked | Ubergizmo

I do however agree with others in this post, the hub is a better place to store your messages and keep them private. Many of my friends have iphones, and over the years you dont want to know how many messages i got to read just by sitting next to them or just by playing on their phones..

having said that, your point is quite valid, and one should have the option to customize his notifications' options
    EsJayDee and deltact like this.
    03-15-13 11:18 AM
    revtech

Dude - give it a rest.

Got the Z10 yesterday evening - it was/is a VALID question. Not trolling.

Don't insult please........ Many devices, many options.....I'm trying to like it. People come here for help...That's what I did.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings because I "may" go back to the Iphone.
    The Hub++ app will do this for you if you are so keen I have it and I leave it on when I want it and turn it off when I don't. It has to run in a frame which at first I thought was a pain but like many commenting here I don't want it all of the time but it is handy sometimes.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    03-15-13 11:20 AM
122 123 ...