Is there any built in GPS apps on BB10?
    I heard that the BB maps is supported by TomTom, so I assume it's good .... right?

Let say that it's bad, will Waze / Sygic / Tomtom / or anything else work after they're converted into .bar from Android?

Anyone tried?

Thanks
    Chrisjohn1990 likes this.
    03-15-13 09:15 AM
    I used turn-by-turn in BB Maps a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine.
    03-15-13 09:16 AM
    The navigation on the native BlackBerry maps is flawless. I never had any problems with it. It's accurate and fast. There is some features that I would like to see integrated within the app, but it is definitely a well built app for the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 09:18 AM
    I used the native Blackberry Maps Navigation last weekend while at my sons Hockey tournament and it worked perfect. I was actually shocked to as how good it was.
    03-15-13 09:21 AM
    I've been using in quite a bit, and it has worked perfectly.
    03-15-13 09:24 AM
    It is great at Navigation...it is GARBAGE at Searching for a POI (rather than an address).

I was in Auburn Hills, MI. Put in Doubletree Downtown Detroit, I think I got results for California. Tossed that into my sideloaded Google Maps and got to the hotel with no fear for my safety (Sorry any local Detroit'ers)
    03-15-13 09:26 AM
    It does work well, but I wish we had a top name (Garmin, Navigon, Tom Tom) with on board maps like some of the other platforms do. That way we wouldn't be using data like crazy, especially when we're roaming. Pretty pricey!

R...

The navigation on the native BlackBerry maps is flawless. I never had any problems with it. It's accurate and fast. There is some features that I would like to see integrated within the app, but it is definitely a well built app for the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    lactose likes this.
    03-15-13 09:28 AM
    Works very well.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 09:29 AM
    Is there any built in GPS apps on BB10?
    I heard that the BB maps is supported by TomTom, so I assume it's good .... right?

Let say that it's bad, will Waze / Sygic / Tomtom / or anything else work after they're converted into .bar from Android?

Anyone tried?

Thanks
    BlackBerry maps is fairly decent, wouldn't say it is the best solution, but it does the job. One of my qualms about it, and many others agree, sometimes the route it tells you isn't the ideal route. My route to and from work is quicker than the route it tells me to go, and all the roads have been here for many years, it just chooses the "first" route to go.

I could care less about POI at this time, but it would be nice to have in future updates.
    03-15-13 09:31 AM
    Try this :
    Check out Mireo DON'T PANIC Try and Buy in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/21869897
    Perfect turn by turn directions along with 3d maps. Works better than anything I have tried on any other platform. Uses Tom Tom data. Has POI as well.

Posted via CB10
    Manish Chaudhary and slparry like this.
    03-15-13 09:51 AM
    As longs as you are not roaming, it is a nice app. The voice turn by turn directions are nice, and the experience seems better than my Tom Tom GPS. Could be developed more to give us more options in terms of customizing routes.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 09:53 AM
    As longs as you are not roaming, it is a nice app. The voice turn by turn directions are nice, and the experience seems better than my Tom Tom GPS. Could be developed more to give us more options in terms of customizing routes.

Posted via CB10
    What does roaming have to do with anything?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 09:54 AM
    What does roaming have to do with anything?

Posted via CB10
    BB Maps is data dependent, so if you are roaming, you either suck up the data charges or go without maps...
    03-15-13 09:56 AM
    BB Maps is data dependent, so if you are roaming, you either suck up the data charges or go without maps...
    I'm not talking about BlackBerry maps. I'm talking about mireo map apps which downloads entire maps on device. US maps is a 3 gb download. It works without network.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 09:58 AM
    I'm not talking about BlackBerry maps. I'm talking about mireo map apps which downloads entire maps on device. US maps is a 3 gb download. It works without network.

Posted via CB10
    Ok that's cool, but you were responding to MaximV and he said about roaming, and he was probably meaning about BB maps, and you responded to him thinking he was responding to you lol.
    03-15-13 10:06 AM
    its a Great app for giving your turn by turn and very accurate.. I cant believe how fast the GPS finds my location.

Whats even cooler is I listen to music from my BB through my car via bluetooth. My Z10 will automatically lower my music and tell me when a turn is coming up then turn my music back to the level it was at. Not sure if other phones do that too but I thought that was really awesome
    03-15-13 10:09 AM
    its a Great app for giving your turn by turn and very accurate.. I cant believe how fast the GPS finds my location.

Whats even cooler is I listen to music from my BB through my car via bluetooth. My Z10 will automatically lower my music and tell me when a turn is coming up then turn my music back to the level it was at. Not sure if other phones do that too but I thought that was really awesome
    ya that's a feature of the phone, even if you're wearing headphones, and you get a msg, your music will lower. It's pretty cool, kinda annoying though if your bopping along to a song, and then the GPS has to interrupt lol
    03-15-13 10:11 AM
    Ok that's cool, but you were responding to MaximV and he said about roaming, and he was probably meaning about BB maps, and you responded to him thinking he was responding to you lol.
    Yea I misunderstood. He was talking about BlackBerry maps. I strongly recommend the mireo apps. It's better than Google and that was my primary map application when I had the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 10:12 AM
    +1 re: POI. Navigation works great but I wish the search from within the maps app could go out to Google. Searching is totally hit and miss from within the maps app.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 10:22 AM
    Thats good to know that my new phone (Z10) will have a dependable navigation, cus ive paid $7 a month for 2 yrs to have Telenav run on my 9700.
    I'm excited!! Only thing missing is my T-Mobile Z10
    03-15-13 10:55 AM
    Maps have been great for me. Also I just noticed that Waze is now in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 11:02 AM
    Yes it did work very well and with a pretty voice. ..not robotic voice has the one I have with the side loaded Google maps. The maps are quite basic, but very functional. ...no fla fla (eg 3D building, ...) but keep in mind that it is basically downloading maps using your Data plan so more conservative is better, downloaded maps are also a no brainier for updating.
    One important thing to consider that I really really appreciate is the fact it's is fully integrated with the rest a the phone. You could jump to navigation directly from your contact address. From the maps all your contact are also accessible from there, no need to retype the address.
    It also show you the current traffic on the maps.
    03-15-13 11:12 AM
    It works well for me and I am happy with it

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 11:15 AM
    How much is the app - North America maps? No price.
    03-15-13 11:30 AM
    how well is the BB Traffic function retained in the stock maps application? It is honestly one of the most valuable apps I have.
    03-15-13 11:43 AM
43 12