Hi! My wife has a white 9810 and the paint from the sides of the screen are starting to chip off. Is there a way to repaint the body(more like sides) to restore it back to it's original look? Thanks!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-14-13 08:28 PM
    I have the black/titanium 9810, and I have major chipping going on, I have also thought about painting mine. I was planning on painting mine, just haven't got to it, gonna sand it and use automotive paint.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    03-15-13 01:46 AM
    Why paint when there are so many options to either put on a case or to buy different colored OEM parts to replace the chipped ones?
    Mecca EL, go1ndr and nfsw like this.
    03-15-13 08:17 AM
    Because I can. Actually I tried to use the case from my 9800, seems more durable against chipping, but when I tried to open separate the screen section the digitizer cracked. They are easy to break the way they are assembled, so I don't want to push my luck again. At least not till I get a Z10.

03-15-13 09:55 AM
    Because I can. Actually I tried to use the case from my 9800, seems more durable against chipping, but when I tried to open separate the screen section the digitizer cracked. They are easy to break the way they are assembled, so I don't want to push my luck again. At least not till I get a Z10.

Sounds like you were rushing, and using the incorrect tools. Other than the mother and daughter board, and the actual display, everything else for the 98xx model is cost effective replacements. Cost me less than $60, in parts, to rebuild my white 9810. I bought a backup digitizer, call/home keypads, etc. on ebay. I have a new phone again.
    go1ndr likes this.
    03-16-13 08:14 AM
    Repainting dosent seem like it would be a good option since you will still see the chips and scratches under it. I just got a hard plastic ring so I wouldn't have to see the mess.

Sent from my Crackberry using Tapatalk
    04-16-13 06:52 PM
    I have posted this before. My wife's white 9810 looked like it was hit with buckshot from being dropped so many times (and its still working fine-lol). At first she said "no case" its earned its scars! But then she came around and put on an AGF Case on it. I'm going to cut and paste from another post/thread on here about the same subject. You will love this case and it is the best out there that we've found. From last thread:
    [Get the "AGF GRT" case. It is the only one that doesn't break and is still thin and good looking. They have the best reviews. I found them on Amazon much cheaper than through typical stores. check them out here: Amazon.com: AGF GRT Shell Case for Blackberry Torch 9800: Cell Phones & Accessories or here: AGF CA0427-V195 Blackberry Torch 9800 & 9810 GRT Case
    These honestly are the best cases. Even when you drop the phone and they come off,(which is seldom), the top piece never breaks! I can't recommend it highly enough. It�s worth twice the price. $5.99 on Amazon with two (2) color tops.
    04-17-13 02:08 PM
    I have posted this before. My wife's white 9810 looked like it was hit with buckshot from being dropped so many times (and its still working fine-lol). At first she said "no case" its earned its scars! But then she came around and put on an AGF Case on it. I'm going to cut and paste from another post/thread on here about the same subject. You will love this case and it is the best out there that we've found. From last thread:
    [Get the "AGF GRT" case. It is the only one that doesn't break and is still thin and good looking. They have the best reviews. I found them on Amazon much cheaper than through typical stores. check them out here: Amazon.com: AGF GRT Shell Case for Blackberry Torch 9800: Cell Phones & Accessories or here: AGF CA0427-V195 Blackberry Torch 9800 & 9810 GRT Case
    These honestly are the best cases. Even when you drop the phone and they come off,(which is seldom), the top piece never breaks! I can't recommend it highly enough. It�s worth twice the price. $5.99 on Amazon with two (2) color tops.
    Thanks for the recommendation, will try this case

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:33 AM