Hi,
    My contacts are not appearing in the the contacts field in WhatsApp. But in the Favs field, I have all my favourites with no numbers. Is this a bug that is being shared or is it something I'm only experiencing. I have restarted and rebooted my phone but still no luck. Any ideas please?

Posted via CB10
    BBQ10user likes this.
    03-14-13 07:05 AM
    Mine all show up no problem, the first d/l worked fine and now the update didn't seem to do anything different and works fine too. I downloaded it last night and all is well with mine.
    03-14-13 07:11 AM
    Try a reboot and see what happens - I have the same issue and it happens after a reboot. Many others if not all are having the same issue. Apparently, they forgot to test the product before they actually released it for the Z10...

Check it out in the Z10 Apps forum. It's all over the place, update or not. The problem is bigger than that...(after a reboot) it also shows whatever FAV's you have, when it shows them, with status messages only, no phone numbers, names etc...same with blocked contacts etc...
    03-14-13 07:24 AM
    So I'm guessing I have to reinstall it and after that, make sure I don't reboot my phone. Thats the only quick mend till they do a proper update to address this issue. Thanks for the info
    03-14-13 07:34 AM
    well i had this problem last night, and I uninstalled it, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, and still got the same contacts even though I was talking to a friend last night on it and his phone number only showed up, but now that i have uninstalled and reinstalled, his number isn't there and there was no way to make him a contact either.
    Skallagrigg likes this.
    03-14-13 07:37 AM
    Mine showed up no problem. Make sure WhatsApp get the access they need for your contacts.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 07:38 AM
    Hi,
    My contacts are not appearing in the the contacts field in WhatsApp. But in the Favs field, I have all my favourites with no numbers. Is this a bug that is being shared or is it something I'm only experiencing. I have restarted and rebooted my phone but still no luck. Any ideas please?

Posted via CB10
    Try using the refresh contacts then refresh favorites. That worked for some people. If you haven't upgrade to the latest version yet try that too.

Posted via CB10 STL-100-1 Globe PH
    03-14-13 07:39 AM
    when you're in the contacts tab of whatsapp, click the settings button on the side and click refresh contacts. this worked for me. it takes a few minutes though to fix it all.
    Janetbabe likes this.
    03-14-13 07:40 AM
    Yes I have tried all those last night and this morning after the update, and still, my one friend who is a contact in my BlackBerry contact list is not showing up in Whatsapp.
    03-14-13 07:50 AM
    Here - there is already an early thread discussing the same.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ntacts-781425/
    03-14-13 07:51 AM
    Mine showed up no problem. Make sure WhatsApp get the access they need for your contacts.

Posted via CB10
    Have you rebooted yet? If not, do it and see what happens then...
    03-14-13 07:53 AM
    Some of my contacts appears in favourites after I make sure that country code is added.. its annoying but i guess it makes sense.

Maybe you can try that too?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 08:39 AM
    They appear in Favourites means all the contacts in there use WhatsApp. It is a subset of all your Contacts.

Some of my contacts appears in favourites after I make sure that country code is added.. its annoying but i guess it makes sense.

Maybe you can try that too?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 08:41 AM
    Another problem is the contact's name don't show up if it is linked. Aka, I have their numbers that was in a separate contact linked to their Facebook one nd then it stopped showing up!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 08:44 AM
    Another problem is the contact's name don't show up if it is linked. Aka, I have their numbers that was in a separate contact linked to their Facebook one nd then it stopped showing up!

Posted via CB10
    Yup I just figured that out, I deleted my friend that was messaging me last night, i deleted his contact (as all of his contact info is on FB including his number) and when I copied his number, deleted his contact from the contacts app, and added him manually, he showed up in whatsapp... this needs to be fixed!!!
    03-14-13 08:52 AM
    Whats that stigma about Blackbery apps? oh yes, buggy and incomplete................... *sigh
    03-14-13 08:54 AM
    WRONG. It's also buggy on iPhones too. Google and you will see many issues too.

Whats that stigma about Blackbery apps? oh yes, buggy and incomplete................... *sigh
    03-14-13 09:11 AM
    Did you give whatsapp full permissions when you installed it?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:17 AM
    It's necessary.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yup i did
    03-14-13 09:36 AM
    It seems it's a problem with restarting the device. It works before you restart. After you do, you won't see any names
    03-14-13 09:38 AM
    It seems it's a problem with restarting the device. It works before you restart. After you do, you won't see any names
    go into your contact list in whatsapp, click the 3 dot thing, and click on refresh contacts
    03-14-13 09:41 AM
    try the bottom left corner and it should show chats, groups, favs, contacts, status.

all mine show up in contacts. only those with whatsapp will show up in favs.
    03-14-13 09:45 AM
    wrong, all contacts were available after restart.
    03-14-13 09:48 AM
    Hi guys im having a really weird issue with whatsapp on my z10... in my favs tab there are no names beside some of the contacts. The ones that do have names have the wrong picture.. it basically mixed up everyones picture and name so i cant be certain who I'm messaging. Does anyone also have this issue?
    03-16-13 11:22 AM
40 12