Okay, installed native WhatsApp this evening.

I have one problem, when I open the menu on the left, the one similar to the hub but within the app, the Contacts tab shows 0 contacts. Anybody else facing this issue?
    03-13-13 04:17 PM
    It recognized mine. Any chance you turned off the contacts permission to the app?
    03-13-13 04:19 PM
    I'm having the same issue. Contacts are at 0

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 04:22 PM
    The WhatsApp server has to deal with phone numbers that are linked to their servers. Keep in mind that thousands of people are doing this, so just be patient I guess
    03-13-13 04:26 PM
    Yep, permissions are fine. I checked again and the correct permissions are there. Very strange, seems there are quite a few people having trouble with contacts.

I doubt it is much to do with the servers, it pulls contacts within the phone.
    03-13-13 04:28 PM
    I ended up deleting the app and re installing it. Everything works now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ntario; 03-13-13 at 05:44 PM.
    03-13-13 04:28 PM
    I enclose up deleting the app and re installing it. Everything works now.

Posted via CB10
    I had to this too

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 04:38 PM
    I had to this too

Posted via CB10
    and have you tried rebooting your phone? are your contacts still there after that?

my whatsapp contacts were like a charm UNTIL i rebooted my phone, then.. VOILA.. from 373 whatsapp contacts on my phone, only 4 LEFT!! WTH!
    03-13-13 07:38 PM
    Same thing happened to me, I had to go into the contacts list and then refresh.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 07:44 PM
    A must-do ... WhatsApp might want to consider putting in its installation process, to tell users to refresh contacts AND refresh Favourites

WhatsApp FAQ - How do I add contacts to WhatsApp?
    03-14-13 12:05 AM
    After I restarted my phone, my contact list went blank. I tried refreshing my favourite in Whatsapp but to no avail.
    I don't want to keep reinstalling it, this is not a long term solution. Is this the problem with my blackberry contact list that is so horrible and buggy that it limits Whatsapp for not pulling the contact list properly?
    03-14-13 01:10 AM
    Refresh Contacts first. Then refresh Favourites.

You do need to wait for awhile. The refresh isn't instant. If you press refresh and and re-press, it will say that refreshing is currently going on.
    03-14-13 01:14 AM
    My contacts are missing as well but my group chats are visible and work as they should. I've done the uninstall and re-install, pulled the battery several times and tried refreshing both favs and contacts with no luck. I am however on a corporate BES10 server with my Z10. I wonder if there is a security issue preventing WhatsApp from seeing my contacts due to the way Blackberry Balance partitions the device?
    03-14-13 05:50 AM
    Just want to share with all of you, that all my Contacts and Favourites were OK before I powered down. When I powered up an hour later, I saw that all my Whatsapp & Favourites contacts had become zero. I then refreshed Contacts and Favourites. Waited for awhile before all the contacts came back.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 06:00 AM
    Eek. WhatsApp is a tiny bit crap, huh?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 06:46 AM
    i'm still facing the contacts issue but i don't really care that much then. i just use whatsapp if there's someone on whatsapp sends me a message, otherwise i almost NEVER start a chat on whatsapp. BBM is my preferred one, or email, or (soon) Skype!
    03-14-13 06:52 AM
    I have a newbie question. I have not installed whatsapp yet, because I actually don't know a single person......at least that I know of that uses it.

How does this app work, do I need to manually add contacts, or does it determine from the contacts I have, who is using it?

As I said, new question, and likely a stupid one, but could someone indulge me?

Thanks

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    03-14-13 06:58 AM
    I have a newbie question. I have not installed whatsapp yet, because I actually don't know a single person......at least that I know of that uses it.

How does this app work, do I need to manually add contacts, or does it determine from the contacts I have, who is using it?

As I said, new question, and likely a stupid one, but could someone indulge me?

Thanks

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    The app determines it on its own.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 07:06 AM
    I've encountered an issue that i believe is related to contact list size. Anyone having success with a contact list in the thousands - I know that's massive but it's business related and mostly due to bbry bungling the handling of the contact app.

Whatsapp seems to load all contacts, regardless of whether they use the app or not, and the whatsapp users are defaulted to a favorites list, whether you have communicated or not. There doesn't appear to be any way to delete people from the favorites? Am I missing something?

The contacts list in whatsapp also seems useless to me. The only function I see is to an open contact link, but the app doesn't even know the info, it sends be back to the bb contact app. Whats the point? Seems it would be better to streamline to just the whats app users, and your favourites are your actual most freq contacts.

I know most people have raved about this from the minute they got the app but it is clunky for me, especially in comparison to how it ran on my 9780 (think about the hardware it has access to now, makes little sense). This version is slow to load every time and if I don't have the app open, clicking on a notification requires the same time (1-2 mins) before I can respond.
    03-14-13 07:26 AM
    I ended up deleting the app and re installing it. Everything works now.

Posted via CB10
    Until you reboot...
    blakobecwa likes this.
    03-14-13 07:31 AM
    The contacts icon. Is a list of all contacts on your device. I believe the favs icon is a list of your contacts using whatsapp. The system compares the phone numbers in your contact list. If it deter
    In es they use whatsapp then it appears in your favs.

So technically no addition or deletion via the app.

Keep in mind that this first version of whatsapp for BBM10 and will get better with updates.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 07:32 AM
    It's perfectly working. If you have issues you are the cause not the app.period

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 07:33 AM
    Ha. What a moronic post. The app is broken, without any user input, and you state its user based?

Let me give you an example: I have 1490 contacts. 374 of then show on WhatsApp on my curve. 21 of them show on my z10. That's a user error though, right?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 07:42 AM
    Everything works but at first I made a big mistake with the permissions so check those as well if you denied access it won't see your contacts.
    03-14-13 07:46 AM
    Thanks simonorourke. So they're not all morons on these forums?
    03-14-13 07:46 AM
35 12