Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 03:41 PM
    Have you used it?

My messages appear in the Hub just fine.
    03-13-13 03:42 PM
    The new WhatsApp app lacks hub functionality and has to remain open as an active frame. If it is not opened the messages get received but you don't get a notification You would have to open it to view it. I guess the app is still young and improvements will come eventually but at this point it is not any different really from openwhatsapp

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 03:44 PM
    Have you used it?

My messages appear in the Hub just fine.
    Yeah I am using it now and there is not hub association. Are u sure yours is

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 03:45 PM
    Your wrong lol it doesn't have to be open and it's in the hub under notifications.. I'm glad cause I don't want every app I download in the hub in their own spot or I'll have to scroll down forever!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 03:47 PM
    Probably talking about openwhatsapp. You need to keep the frame open for that to work

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 03:48 PM
    I have the native version now, it's amazing

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 03:49 PM
    it's actually better if it has it's own inbox IMO, just at a glance from the lock screen when I see the bell symbol it usually symbolizes an update or some other system notification. it would be useful if a small whatsapp symbol was provided to distinguish them.
    rflan7 likes this.
    03-13-13 03:50 PM
    I keep getting the message "Error during installation"

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    So I just got the native version. It's amazing! However, whenever I try to open a message FROM the hub...I just get the whatsapp loading sign for a while and I have to open up the actual app.

Any help?

Posted via CB10
    it's actually better if it has it's own inbox IMO, just at a glance from the lock screen when I see the bell symbol it usually symbolizes an update or some other system notification. it would be useful if a small whatsapp symbol was provided to distinguish them.
    I agree with their own symbol part but I wouldn't want their own spot in the hub

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 03:51 PM
    Yeah I just downloaded it and it does work in the hub only without the app open! First time you open it in the hub, it loads up. Then after it works

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 03:51 PM
    I didn't mean to mislead u guys but I just restarted my phone check the app permissions and still no show on hub

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 03:53 PM
    I didn't mean to mislead u guys but I just restarted my phone check the app permissions and still no show on hub

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't have its own name in the hub, it would show up in notifications

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 03:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    New messages pops up in the notification tab of the hub
    03-13-13 03:56 PM
    My guess is that Hub integration will come with a future update. In the meantime I'm content with realtime chat notifications in the Hub - these work even if the app is not open.
    03-13-13 03:59 PM
    Feeling the same way, I wish I could swipe over while in the Hub and sort by Whatsapp messages. Hopefully this will be fixed with an update.
    03-13-13 04:00 PM
    I don't seem to be getting any notifications yet, it may be because I was using it at the time so will have to wait and see. I agree that the option to hae it's own notification in the Hub would be better, perhaps this will come in a future update; we can hope!
    03-13-13 04:22 PM
    I get a notification when the apps closed. But when I try to access it from the hub. It get stuck at the whatsapp loading screen. I have to open the app manually in order to get to my messages.

And now my peek view has the bell icon stuck there.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 04:38 PM
    although I still wish there was a symbol for when you receive a whatsapp message, the hub functionality works on mine. At first I had to open whatsapp to see my messages and was not getting a notification, however i restarted my BB and it works fine now, message come in the notification tab.
    03-13-13 04:39 PM
    BB hasn't opened up the HUB API's for third parties yet. It'll be there at some point. I don't have a BB10 device with me right now (returned dev alpha); does the notification open up a card or does it open up an app? I assume it opens up the app...
    03-13-13 04:46 PM
    I hope they add WhatsApp to the 'share' list.

You can share with Facebook, Twitter, email etc etc buy not whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 04:51 PM
    BB hasn't opened up the HUB API's for third parties yet. It'll be there at some point. I don't have a BB10 device with me right now (returned dev alpha); does the notification open up a card or does it open up an app? I assume it opens up the app...
    It opens to the app. But right now I'm just getting a loading whatsapp screen. So i have to manually go open the app myself.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 04:55 PM
    This is a known issue. The notification bell has disappeared since the last OS update. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=778612

Posted via CB10
    It was working a bit jittery at first, no hub integration etc, then no contacts sync, did a reboot and all is fine now.

Message show up as notifications so app doesn't need to be open at all, good hub integration.

Probably 5/5 rating but early days, great app though, well done WhatsApp team.

Posted via CB10
31 12