Any news on the slingbox for the Blackberrys?? This is one of the main reasons I got a smartphone. I guess my mistake not paying attention to the details. Now I will not be without my Berry it is great.
    10-02-08 08:35 AM
    They will be beta testing very soon...
    10-02-08 10:28 AM
    Any news on when the beta will be?? I am in need of the slingbox during this football season as my Yankees are not in the playoffs.
    10-02-08 11:44 AM
    This is the most recent update I got last week:

We've been working with RIM to bring SlingPlayer Mobile to the Blackberry platform. In the process we determined there were several issues that needed to be resolved to provide a satisfactory product. RIM is releasing updates to the firmware which will address the issues, but it also means we need to re-engineer the player to work with the updated platform. That work is underway and we anticipate having a player in beta later this year. I see you have a profile in the beta system with the Blackberry under Test Platforms, so you should come up as a potential candidate when we start recruiting testers.

Thank you.
    10-06-08 01:37 PM
    Hmm, this would certainly be a cool feature! I hope this comes out soon, I'll definitely have my eyes open.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 03:26 PM
    They announced this ten months ago and had a working demo back then. At this rate we should see a beta in 2009 and a final release in 2010.
    10-06-08 04:06 PM
    They announced this ten months ago and had a working demo back then. At this rate we should see a beta in 2009 and a final release in 2010.
    Haha... maybe just in time for the Bold's release?

I had slingbox on my 8525 before switching to the Curve. I loved it, especially being able to watch my local news while traveling.
    10-06-08 08:06 PM
    I love my slingbox

10-06-08 08:13 PM
    I love my slingbox

I "loved" my slingbox. Now it just sits there. I could not give up my BB but it is very frustrating that I used to be able to Sling on my Treo but can't Sling on my BB which is so much more advanced.

I'm on the list to be a beta tester so I guess we'll see where this goes.
    10-06-08 08:31 PM
    How do you get on the beta testers list? I plan on getting the storm when its release and would love to have my slingbox on it!
    10-07-08 08:56 PM
    How do you get on the beta testers list? I plan on getting the storm when its release and would love to have my slingbox on it!
    Try this link...
    https://beta.slingmedia.com/signup/d...-3DDB55522DAC}
    10-08-08 01:58 AM
    This is the biggest thing I miss since switching from the Treo a year ago.

10-08-08 08:23 AM
    I got this email this morning

You're receiving this email because you have a profile in the Sling Media beta system with a BlackBerry listed as a Test Platform. As you may already know, we will be going into beta with SlingPlayer Mobile for BlackBerry before the end of the year and accordingly we have begun preparations for that beta. In order to properly test the software we will need users with a variety of BlackBerry models, which, of course, means we will need specific model information in order to recruit the right mix of testers.

To this end we have updated the Test Platforms form to gather the specific information we require and we ask that you update your profile to fill in the new fields. This is required to be considered as a potential tester for the beta when we begin recruiting testers later this year. Profiles without the necessary information will be eliminated as candidates for the program.

You can perform this update by logging into the beta site and selecting the 'Manage Platforms' link on the left, then selecting the pencil icon to the left of your BlackBerry(s) to update the entry. If you no longer have a BlackBerry, you can select the trash can icon to the right of the BlackBerry entry to delete it. To add additional devices use the 'Add New Platform' link in the left-hand menu.

Specifically in your entry:
    - Device type as Phone / PDA
    - Phone / PDA OS must be 'BlackBerry'
    - Device Manufacturer must be 'BlackBerry (RIM)'
    - Phone / PDA Model must be one of the following: BB 8800-series, BB Bold, BB Curve, BB Pearl, BB Storm, or BB Other
    - Exact Model Number must be filled out. All BlackBerry devices have a four digit model number - for example the Pearl is the 8100, 8110, 8120, 8130, or 8220 depending on the specific version, while the Bold is the 9000 (just the one version at this time). Instructions to get this from your device are in the form.
    - Firmware version must be filled out. The complete firmware version number is required - for example 4.5 is insufficient, 4.5.0.50 is a complete firmware version. Instructions to get this from your device are in the form.

Again, we stress that these fields are required for your profile to be considered when we begin recruiting testers for the program. We would also suggest that you apply any firmware updates available for your BlackBerry before updating your profile, as there will be minimum firmware revision requirements for the beta. (Sorry, we won't reveal any specifics on eligible models or firmware revisions due to ongoing work with RIM - please don't ask as we won't say.)

While you're in the beta system you may want to update any other aspects of your profile that may have changed, such as your Slingbox Test Platform, as these items will be used during the beta.

Just to set expectations, we currently have over 3,000 profiles registered in the system with a BlackBerry listed under Test Platforms. We can't say at the moment how many of those devices will be eligible for the beta, but if every one were eligible perhaps 10% of them would be selected during the course of the beta as we have to keep the numbers manageable to produce the results we need from the testing. The best thing you can do is update your profile as above to qualify for consideration. Testers will be selected to provide the mix of devices, carriers, locations, etc, that we need for a successful program.

Also, as is our normal policy, we will be starting the beta with a small number of users and then adding testers in waves as we build confidence in the software. So when the beta does start later this year, if you hear about it and haven't been selected, don't be discouraged. You may well be selected for one of the additional waves.

If you no longer wish to beta test for Sling Media simply reply to this email and request to have your beta profile removed from the system. If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask via email. Note, however, that we will not reveal any details about device eligibility or the scheduled beta start time frame at this time, sorry.

We're really looking forward to this beta, and we're sure many of you are as well. We look forward to working with some of you to release SlingPlayer Mobile for BlackBerry to the world.

Thank you.
    10-17-08 08:26 PM
    Anyone have any news as far as the status of beta testing for sling for Blackberry? Any idea when the product will be available? Also any info about functionality with the storm?
    11-23-08 04:11 PM
    Haven't seen or heard anything. Just more teaser stuff like this article. I read somewhere they had to go back and rewrite the player (for performance, I guess) and that was part of the delay. Maybe, but this is ridiculous since they announced it at CES Jan 2008.
    11-23-08 08:47 PM
    waiting for slingbox for blackberry
    11-25-08 06:09 PM
    Public Beta available Dec 30 for a few AT&T and Tmob BB phones...

Can't post links yet, but here's the addy so you can copy/paste...
    slingmedia.com/go/blackberry
    12-25-08 11:08 PM
    What is slingbox

12-26-08 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD