.. We could launch the Z10 in 12Q4 but we want everything to be perfect and fully working so we launch it in 13Q1 ?

But I have several issues with unfinished SW, just simple things.

BB-link
    1# Still can't sync whole albums, compilations are not grouped by album and Z10/BB-Link shows every compilation as separate album for every band. Messy! 2# And why does it sync music files which are unsupported by Z10? No conversion.
    3# can't sync contact from pc/mac

Z10
    1# You have copy and paste, but not in pdfs. And no possibility to view/preview PDF or JPG without saving.
    2# DLNA supports videos only in landscape mode, can't display videos in portrait
    3# bookmark Syncing

My 2007 Nokia N82 has these basics. I don't want to be rude but this is poor.

I like my Z10 but it won't replace my iPhone 5 which happens to be the very first really good iPhone. I hope BlackBerry doesn't need as many iterations to build a really great BB10 device

Posted via CB10
    Johnnyboy5 likes this.
    03-13-13 05:41 AM
    Your quote of Thorsten Heins does put some pressure on BB....but realistically no smartphone reaches the market without some faults. And remember, what is a fault to you is a "who cares" to others. I have no concerns over any of the issues you raise.

Your last sentence is the most telling...."my iPhone5 which happens to be the very first really good iPhone". Since this is Apple's 5th (4th? 6th?, I've lost track) version of the phone its about time they got it right.
    03-13-13 05:52 AM
    Remember the first iteration of any (don't want to shoot a particular appl here) OS?
    The current OS can't fairly be called "Buggy" nor missing essential features . Some minor glitches, that would be fixed soon... This is near perfection for "day1".
    Just a little patience.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 05:53 AM
    I see. Sure, BlackBerry will get this sorted.

But I expected it to BE kind of perfect, means way better.

Not mentioning current Bridge capabilities! This is not mobile computing.

I'm just disappointed...

Posted via CB10
    ambarmetta likes this.
    03-13-13 05:59 AM

I'm just disappointed...

Posted via CB10
    Can't be too disappointed. You're still holding it in your hands.
    03-13-13 06:08 AM
    Your quote of Thorsten Heins does put some pressure on BB....but realistically no smartphone reaches the market without some faults. And remember, what is a fault to you is a "who cares" to others. I have no concerns over any of the issues you raise.

Your last sentence is the most telling...."my iPhone5 which happens to be the very first really good iPhone". Since this is Apple's 5th (4th? 6th?, I've lost track) version of the phone its about time they got it right.
    Agree with this ( I think apple is on #8 in August, dont forget the much advanced improvements of the 's' models), Could really give two hoots about any of the things OP mentioned.
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-13-13 06:09 AM
    The current system has no bugs but limitations and I'm still not sure how long I wanna wait. All workarounds take my time...

I love the keyboard and email & hub experience, otherwise I would have sold it already as I did with all previous iPhones and ugly Samsungs

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:37 AM
    The pre-mentioned bugs are minor bugs. They will sort out the majority of them in 10.1 which might be released when they launch it in US. Believe in them.
    jcraig and BergerKing like this.
    03-13-13 06:53 AM
    i never really understand this thing.........people join crackberry just to tell that they hate z10.....very confusing...very very confusing !!
    03-13-13 07:03 AM
    Can't be too disappointed. You're still holding it in your hands.
    i'm pretty sure he doesn't own one.....he's just using that as signature !!
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-13-13 07:06 AM
    Yes B-Link , has some issues , eg group thing is an issue, hope BB can offer for some sort of Reader function for PDF's. on my 9900 I had the view text feature which other devices do not have today its a 9900 feature and was awesome when ready PDF's. Maybe the Reader function in the Browser could convert the PDF into HTML then the Reader function would work. If BB could improve an important issue like battery life which was a God send they will fix these issues....I hate pinch and zoom in my PDF's
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-13-13 07:07 AM
    .. We could launch the Z10 in 12Q4 but we want everything to be perfect and fully working so we launch it in 13Q1 ?

BB-link
    1# Still can't sync whole albums, compilations are not grouped by album and Z10/BB-Link shows every compilation as separate album for every band. Messy! 2# And why does it sync music files which are unsupported by Z10? No conversion.

Z10
    1# You have copy and paste, but not in pdfs. And no possibility to view/preview PDF or JPG without saving.
    2# DLNA supports videos only in landscape mode, can't display videos in portrait
    3# bookmark Syncing

I like my Z10 but it won't replace my iPhone 5 which happens to be the very first really good iPhone. I hope BlackBerry doesn't need as many iterations to build a really great BB10 device

Posted via CB10
    So let me get this straight, and not to be rude, you sign up for an account within the past 24hrs, and you come out swinging on the first major release of a new software platform and phone and tools? Please, tell me, did Apple have everything working correctly out of the box? You want to send a MMS/Picture to a friend via txt, oops, sorry we at Apple didn't include that. Oh, you wanted to copy some txt and paste it somewhere? Oh, Sorry we don't do that at Apple...

You see, every company including Nokia when they first launch their completely redesigned phone and software, there are going to be bugs, and things that were missed.

Don't take this the wrong way, but a lot of CrackBerry members get frustrated at "new" members who take their time to login in crackberry and make their first post a rant about missing things or flaws.

Sure there will be hiccups along the way, but don't go quoting the CEO of BlackBerry saying that he delayed because he wants it perfect. Nothing in this world is perfect. Can your 6th gen iOS Apple Maps guide you properly without messing up your route and taking you somewhere completely different than where you wanted to go? Oh... sorry did you get lost, my BlackBerry Maps got me here just fine.
    03-13-13 07:09 AM
    We all knooowwww all of this already. Seriously, stop with these threads.

We know.

These issues will hopefully be addressed in future updates.

Now stop.

Posted with my new BlackBerry Z10
    dietertong and Drayk like this.
    03-13-13 07:10 AM
    RE: You remember Thorsten saying..

Honestly, whoever you put there as CEO, will say the same thing... it's called "commitment"... unfortunately, like any other "commitment", it can be fulfilled... or not...
    03-13-13 07:21 AM

BB-link

Z10
    3# bookmark Syncing

Posted via CB10
    WHAT !!!! BBRY has addressed issues more quickly than I, and I'm sure anyone else, expected. The first fix was what....a week (or less) after it was released....and they keep coming!
    C'mon man. Really????? I'm always as respectful as I can be, but posts like this make me puke.
    Go back to iMore, please.
    03-13-13 07:26 AM

I'm just disappointed...

Posted via CB10
    Not way better, IMHO.
    Again, just try to find any ( fully rewritten bottom to top) first opus... and please advise
    Many updates don't even match close to BB10 birthday suit quality.

Posted via CB10
    Drayk and G-bone like this.
    03-13-13 07:27 AM
    I'm not bashing and if you read my posts you would know. I'm sorry for people like stberry etc.
    I like this device but having issues with is why I post here.
    Maybe anyone has a solution or just thinks the same. That's what A forum is for.
    And BTW I asked if anyone remembers

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 07:28 AM
    I don't agree with the OP. It was true of the PlayBook, but not of the Z10. It is pretty impressive as is.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 07:35 AM
    I'm not bashing and if you read my posts you would know. I'm sorry for people like stberry etc.
    Maybe anyone has a solution or just thinks the same. That's what A forum is for.

Posted via CB10
    Dude, maybe a "nice device, but...." comment would have been a little more well received.
    You gotta admit, your 3rd post, & you're whining.
    03-13-13 07:37 AM
    We all knooowwww all of this already. Seriously, stop with these threads.

We know.

These issues will hopefully be addressed in future updates.

Now stop.

Posted with my new BlackBerry Z10
    I'm new to the Z10 and crackberry.com but I choose support, not hate. I used to have an iphone but I wanted something else. The Z10 even with it's minor flaws has been a enjoyable experience so far! People have serious attitude problems.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 07:40 AM
    SERIOUSLY you post with 5 posts and take a crack at BBRY because the Z10 can't do portrait mode on DLNA???? When was the last time you put your HD TV in Portrait mode (or your computer monitor for that matter)? The Z10 is pretty damned impressive for a first release if that's what you choose to ***** about.
    AKeezer and CDM76 like this.
    03-13-13 07:40 AM
    What I remember him saying is that there are companies that do a better job at developing certain apps and, that BB will focus on other areas. So, yes, the apps that came from BB may just be basic, but I am sure that developers will come up with better versions of these things, hopefully, soon.

By the way, what planet do you come from where human beings make things perfectly the very first time?
    03-13-13 07:46 AM
    i never really understand this thing.........people join crackberry just to tell that they hate z10.....very confusing...very very confusing !!
    I hear you. I have taken to calling these people "PHONY SUICIDES". As in when somebody plans on committing suicide but then they come and tell you first? They do that because they want the attention and want you to talk them out of it. If you really want to commit "phone suicide" go ahead, don't come lamenting to us. Every time I have wanted to return an Android phone, I have gone ahead and done just that without going to androidcentral to lament.
    stberry and billsterjito like this.
    03-13-13 07:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    You deserve at least the benefit of doubt.
    But, really what you point out is kinda specific and at a detail level. If you want to be positive then I'll suggest you go to BlackBerry assistance forums and make feedback about this there. BlackBerry is reading randomly here, but it's not the best place to let them know...

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 07:47 AM
    Nice of everyone to shoot the messenger rather than simply admit that it is NOT perfect, and will not be perfect for the long awaited US launch.
    If this offends you, wait until next week.

Once again, overhyped (we want it to be perfect) and underdelivered. Kind of a theme for this site. And always, ALWAYS, shoot the messenger. Because the OS is perfect.
    sagec, bb4life21, jdhooghe and 1 others like this.
    03-13-13 07:48 AM
155 123 ...