Am I right, in saying the new Z10. Can't send a group text messages?
    (please note not bbm)

Our work requires sending information out on text and between 4-5 of us, we hit 3,000 people, say 4 times a week. Our client base have old phones to new. So text is really only way to hit all. Previously been on torch which was fine but amazed Z10 doesn't accomodate this. I can't find any info about a potential app or update which will resolve this problem either.

Look forward to any replies that can help or confirm the same experience. I received the Z10 and liked the layout, but looks like I'll have to send it back.
    03-13-13 05:33 AM
    Yes it can
    Z10 group text messaging?-img_00000532.png
    Z10 group text messaging?-img_00000533.png
    03-13-13 06:14 AM
    Ah, thanks very much for reply. But this goes as MMS? I assume old phones won't then be able to receive this and some contracts may charge for MMS as it's like a picture.
    Also was that a pre-generated group in contacts, or adding a single contact to the text message each time?
    03-13-13 06:22 AM
    Ah, thanks very much for reply. But this goes as MMS? I assume old phones won't then be able to receive this and some contracts may charge for MMS as it's like a picture.
    That's how it works on all phones. n us as far as I know, mms and SMS are charged the same, n UK they are extra. Mms doesn't need a data plan.
    03-13-13 06:32 AM
    Ok Thanks, as you can tell I'm learning.

Also was that a pre-generated group in contacts, or adding a single contact to the text message each time?
    03-13-13 06:34 AM
    Ok Thanks, as you can tell I'm learning.

There are no groups in contacts yet, you add them when you compose the group message but once it's started you can keep using the same group chat.
    03-13-13 06:37 AM
    I'm surprised there isn't an option in contacts, so you could easilly add new contacts, and take out contacts as and when needed. Also have it named up as a group, to hide contact details of recipients.

I think you've provided an alternative way to partly cover what I'm after, thank you.

You mentioned not yet, group contact wise? Is there anything due in an update soon that might provided this?
    03-13-13 07:18 AM
    I'm surprised there isn't an option in contacts, so you could easilly add new contacts, and take out contacts as and when needed. Also have it named up as a group, to hide contact details of recipients.

I think you've provided an alternative way to partly cover what I'm after, thank you.

You mentioned not yet, group contact wise? Is there anything due in an update soon that might provided this?
    I'm sure it will, the old bbos devices had this option. They seem to listen to us and they've already fixed a few things with the recent update.
    03-13-13 07:24 AM
    I have just tried to do a Group Message, and I don't see the same option to "Enable Group Message" nor the warning that the message will be sent as an MMS. Mine looks just like an ordinary SMS, with multiple names. What is your OS version?
    03-13-13 07:38 AM
    I have just tried to do a Group Message, and I don't see the same option to "Enable Group Message" nor the warning that the message will be sent as an MMS. Mine looks just like an ordinary SMS, with multiple names. What is your OS version?
    Your carrier probably doesn't make a difference between SMS and mms, mine does, I have unlimited SMS but no mms included in my contract. So I have my SMS settings set to "Send text only messages as" to SMS hence why I got prompted to enable it.
    Z10 group text messaging?-img_00000534.png
    03-13-13 07:44 AM
    The only thing is this is limited to only 10 people per group. Is there a way around this limitation? I have 600 contacts to regularly text every other week. I sent an email to a rep at blackberry through my company to see if they're even in talks to bring this feature back. I don't know why BlackBerry keeps downgrading the feature. When I had the Tour, there were no limitations and I kept the Tour because it was was solid BlackBerry for 4 years. Then the 9930 came out and I decided to give it a try, it's also solid but could only send to 100 contacts at a time, but now it's gone altogether? Wtf?
    PrettiiBadOne419 likes this.
    03-25-13 08:20 PM
    You seem to know what you're doing. I've sent out group messages successfully, but I do not receive responses. Individually or within the group. Is there something I missed in the setup? Might be a carrier issue?
    04-01-13 12:52 PM
    Anyone else notice that when you do get a reply from someone in a group text message, any other text messages that you have received from that person show up as unread as well? Is that just me?
    04-01-13 04:09 PM
    I don't have that option to enable group chat. I am kind of displeased with this Z10 ... I don't think they catered to their following ... think they are trying to appeal to people who use those other mobile devices. It is a shame. So many things my 9900 did efficiently that this does not do. The phone is overly complicated and lacks some of the best BlackBerry features. So many things they did not tell me upon purchasing. I have issues with my contacts etc. I am rather disappointed and I've had BlackBerry's since the 7230 model ... but group texting for business is invaluable and this is an absolute disaster not to have incorporated in this platform, among other things!!!
    04-06-13 11:09 PM
    Anyone else notice that when you do get a reply from someone in a group text message, any other text messages that you have received from that person show up as unread as well? Is that just me?
    I'm having this problem also. Any word on a fix? Seems it only happens when # is stored in my contacts.
    04-15-13 07:07 PM
    @Atternergy, I feel exactly the same way you do. I thought I was the only one. I'm a true BlackBerry fanatic, and I support BlackBerry 100% but the Z10 is missing authentic BlackBerry features that kept me a devoted fan all these years. Group Texting was a great feature on my older BBs but then they reduced group testing to 20 people on 7.0 OS and now it seems like I lost all my groups all together on the Z10.
    * Also I enjoyed using my case with the phone, now you can only answer or hang up on a call. I enjoyed being able to having the phone vibrate when holstering and ringing out of the holster.
    * Also enjoyed after receiving any kind of message, removing from holster, the message would automatically display on the screen.

I love the new features on the BlackBerry Z10 but these are a few of the things I missed from my older blackberry and wish they can bring to the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:34 PM
    I wish somebody from CB would tell us what's the status on a solution for this colossal mistake on the z10. I lost all my Groups I had on my 9900 Bold.
    I like the z10 but wish it had all the features my 9900 had.
    05-07-13 02:41 PM
    Odd I regularly send group mms and SMS messages to family and I have at the most 9people at a time

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 05:09 PM
    I'm having this problem also. Any word on a fix? Seems it only happens when # is stored in my contacts.
    Same issue here too, very annoying.
    05-11-13 12:38 PM
    Same issue here, just got my Q10 today. I previously had an iphone and myself and 3 family members would shoot group texts back and forth throughtout the day... just chat and family photos, etc. Great way for family far away to keep in touch. Any solution to this? It lets me send out the message to all 4 people, but the responses come back individually, not to the group
    05-15-13 04:59 PM
    Still no contact groups... even after 10.1
    05-15-13 05:19 PM
    Bro can we make groups in contact list to send a message to all contacts in group by only selecting that group from contact list?
    05-16-13 02:00 AM
    i have the same issue... its been present on both my Z10's.

IG/Twitter/Kik: @PrettiiBadOne Pin:2ABDE35D via CB10
    05-18-13 12:18 PM
    Bro can we make groups in contact list to send a message to all contacts in group by only selecting that group from contact list?
    Nope,, Not yet....
    dlg18 likes this.
    05-29-13 03:44 PM
    Check out SMSbyNow in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27406062

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 01:33 AM
43 12