This is getting crazy - after reading posts here and removing recipie app z10 still wont back up on my win7 (64) desktop pc - tried 10 times now - tried loading BB link onto my lap top with vista and still no back up - Tried an additional 10 times now --
    I need to back this fu**king phone up!
    To make matter worse the ear piece speaker is blown and it needs to go in for repair and they wipe it while repairing it. Oh and they also need it for 10 days to make this 15 minute repair of changing the ear peice speaker out.
    Rogers wont send me a new phone cause 15 days has passed - how ever for 35 dollars they will send me a refirbushed phone - like seriously 35 bucks...... send me a new god damned phone.
    If i cant back the phone up I'm also skeptical that I will be able to do a device transfer even if i did get a new phone.

So which leaves me the option of going to one of these cell phone stores and paying 50 bucks for them to void my warranty and swapp out the speaker for me leaving the Os and personal info intact.
    This is ridiculous... like seriously BB WTF is going on here?? I cant even back up my phone . The final blow to this all is that I sold my old bold 9900 last week on kijiji.

What a series of most unfortunate events for me that is.

Does any one know how to back this friggin phone up?
    03-12-13 08:07 PM
    If you have N4BB or any flash light apps installed, delete. Put your device in airport mode. Now try.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 08:25 PM
    If you have N4BB or any flash light apps installed, delete. Put your device in airport mode. Now try.

Posted via CB10
    What is N4BB ???
    03-12-13 08:35 PM
    It's another unofficial BlackBerry site. Their app that connects to their site cause me and a few others not to be able to backup. Just helping you weave through possible causes.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 08:49 PM
    I had the same problem. Called blackberry support and got it working within minutes. Go to settings, blackberry protect, turn on blackberry protect. It's going to force you to enter your BlackBerry I.D. Password. Enter it then try backup on Link. Worked for me and then I turned off the BlackBerry Protect. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    ESCON likes this.
    03-12-13 08:53 PM
    It's another unofficial BlackBerry site. Their app that connects to their site cause me and a few others not to be able to backup. Just helping you weave through possible causes.

Posted via CB10
    Removed flashlight app - removed CB app - dont have n4bb - removed micro sd - rebooted phone - put in airplane mode ----- NOTHING!!!!!

I can sync pics and all that stuff - its the few hundred notes in my note pad that I need to carry over that have been accumilating for some time now - important notes -
    Perhaps I could leave a sticky note on the phone when sending in for service with instructions not to wipe the phone . LOL!!!
    I'd take the phone apart my self and swap out the speaker but theres not yet any instructional videos on utube how to do it - nor do I think I can yet purchase parts for the phone.
    03-12-13 09:00 PM
    Yikes. Any sideloads?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 09:04 PM
    Yikes. Any sideloads?

Posted via CB10
    No side loads - dont know how to do that .....YET!!!
    03-12-13 09:17 PM
    You're killing me. Did you start from fresh device or did you transfer data from another BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 09:20 PM
    You aren't alone....been having the exact same backup issue from day one...love the phone, but need to get a backup done
    03-12-13 09:27 PM
    I have posted about this as well but never had a reply. Seems very similar to the PB. I was unable to back it up for quite a while when I first had it. Windows 7. 64. Not sure what the issue is. same app, recipe app was blamed in the PB case as well. Go figure!!!
    03-12-13 09:29 PM
    You're killing me. Did you start from fresh device or did you transfer data from another BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Its finally backing up - all the apps I deleted , reappeared again , so I deleted them again in one last ditch effort and hit back up ( not in airplane mode) and to my surprise its well past the 1 percent mark when it usually crash's and fails on the back up.
    Holy sh*t i'm backed up!!!! Back up complete!!!

Now I have to be with out my z10 for 10 business days for a 20 minute speaker swap.

Any one know to unlock an iphone 4 with out paying one of those unlock sites?? I sold my bold 9900 last week and am gona need to use a phone while z10 is being repaired.

Thanks a bunch for all your help.
    03-12-13 09:36 PM
    Awesome! Thanks for hanging in there.

Posted via CB10
    ESCON likes this.
    03-12-13 09:39 PM
    Cleanser, I had the same problem with two different windows 7 computers. Couldn't back up Sunday night, couldn't back up Monday morning. Finally doing everything you did it mysteriously started to back up. On both computers. I also mention that each computer recognized the z10 as drives but the giveaway was Link didn't ask for my device password. Now one thought came to mind: I am wondering if it's the USB connection on the Z10. I am watching it closely. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 09:52 PM
    I had the same issue and looking online it seems to be cause one two apps. the PC Recipie app and n4bb .. once both these apps were deleted i was able to backup the device. Also, noticed that removing these two apps took my application data size from 1.9GB to 1.65GB. that is a significant difference for two apps.
    03-27-13 11:55 AM
    thx for the info
    03-27-13 12:00 PM
    Finally got mine to work! Thanks for the suggestions and help. I'm not sure what kicked it in. I turned on airport mode, BlackBerry Protect on and the backup option finally ungreyed.
    03-27-13 02:29 PM
    Hello, I also I have the same problem, I can not link my Z10 with the PC, I can not do any backup.

2 files that need to be removed?

according to:

luv2xlr8 # CB
    I had the same issue and looking online It seems to be causing one two apps. the PC app and Recipie n4bb .. These eleven Both apps i was deleted Were Able to backup the device. Also, removing Noticed That These Two apps took my application data size from 1.9GB to 1.65GB. That is a significant difference for two apps.

What steps I have to follow to delete each file? where are they?
    Thanks for the help!
    03-27-13 07:45 PM
    Hello, I also I have the same problem, I can not link my Z10 with the PC, I can not do any backup.

2 files that need to be removed?

according to:

luv2xlr8 # CB
    I had the same issue and looking online It seems to be causing one two apps. the PC app and Recipie n4bb .. These eleven Both apps i was deleted Were Able to backup the device. Also, removing Noticed That These Two apps took my application data size from 1.9GB to 1.65GB. That is a significant difference for two apps.

What steps I have to follow to delete each file? where are they?
    Thanks for the help!
    Go to BBWORLD then into my world and populate apps and do a full un install of the apps. I also like the other suggestion of doing it the blackberry protect way. Will try it on my next back up.
    Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 09:37 PM
    Also I did get a new Z10 few weeks back now refurbished for 35 bucks and was unable to do a device transfer - but I did have a back up load up from my original post here so all is well.
    Too much BS if you ask me - this is why I phone will always be ahead BlackBerry - the simplicity of it all. Well maybe not always..
    If blackberry gets there **** together ..

One day....

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 09:45 PM
    damn time that I bought this phone ****!, I'm tired, tired of restore, update, uninstall and install BB LINK, update windows update, update drivers, update applications, update it, I'm tired!, more harm than € 600 invested!!, this can not be!!, BLACKBERRY must provide facilities for users!, I, with my iPhone, I connect it to PC and "JUST DO IT ALL" without any discomfort to the user!, I'm too upset with this, always the same thing!!.
    took two weeks with this problem, this is hopeless!
    NEVER buy anything MORE BLACKBERRY
    OUTRAGEOUS
    03-28-13 07:07 AM
    I was having a conflict betweent the old desk top software for previous versions of BB and Z10. Finally got rid of the old and reloaded the new. The issue I saw was that although I clicked on backup Now, nothing appeared to be happening. No progress report, no nothing. Finally, I brought up control-alt-delete and looked at the processes running. There was "Link" consuming 70% of my resources, so I knew something was going on. Waited till that process finally ended and clicked on my Z10 link at the bottom of the Link Screen and it said it had been backed up. Not great at communications. I can't help but think it has been trying to back up previously as well, but not knowing anything was going on, I was untethering my Z10 in mid Back-Up. After over 3 weeks have passed, it finally backed up. Makes me feel a whole lot better and safer. I never did have either of the two apps mentioned above loaded. I do have a flash light app and I did not change the airplane mode which is off.
    03-31-13 08:39 AM
    After having problems yet again backing up Z10 the helpful rogers associate advised me to uninstall BB link and down load and re install from blackberry web site. Followed the instructions and backed up with no problems.
    Do not install Link that's on the phone be sure to down load from BlackBerry web site.
    04-20-13 03:21 PM