I was a huge OtterBox fan with my Bold, but reading the reviews of the OtterBox case for the Z10 leaves me hesitant to buy one.

Can anyone recommend a good hard case for the Z10?

Thanks,
    -10d
    03-12-13 08:01 PM
    03-12-13 08:07 PM
    I am very pleased with the quality and versatility of the PureGear kickstand case and holster. Doubles as a charging dock at night in portrait or landscape mode with the kickstand open.
    PureGear - BlackBerry.
    03-12-13 08:39 PM
    Does it have sleeper magnet on the holster?

I am very pleased with the quality and versatility of the PureGear kickstand case and holster. Doubles as a charging dock at night in portrait or landscape mode with the kickstand open.
    PureGear - BlackBerry.
    03-12-13 08:45 PM
    No, but lightweight, thin profile, and "rubberized ".
    03-12-13 08:52 PM
    Thanks, I think I'll buy this for weekend use
    Love the thin lightweight profile and the stand.

No, but lightweight, thin profile, and "rubberized ".
    03-12-13 09:09 PM
    Casemate tough case is what I have
    03-13-13 03:11 AM
    Thanks guys & gals for the input; and thanks to the admins for moving the thread. I didn't realize there was an accessories forum for the Z10!
    03-13-13 11:25 AM
    I've been using the Otterbox Defender for the Z10 since Friday and I can honestly say I love this case! The protection it offers is second to none and it feels good in your hand as well. Yes, you do have to slightly adjust your thumb placement for swiping up from the bottom bezel. I find it to be more of a "tip-of-the-thumb" swipe then a "flat-part-of-the-thumb" swipe if you can picture it in your head. Other than that, the case works great. I have Ghost Armour on the screen of my Z10 and combined with the built-in screen protector that comes with the Otterbox, this has not affected the sensitivity of the touch screen. I have even used it with Isotoner touch screen gloves and it works like a charm! I find this Defender case to be a LOT easier to remove than the Defender case for the PlayBook. That thing was a pain in the rear end to remove. The clips were stiff as h e double hockey sticks and sometimes required a prying mechanism such as a butter knife or flat head screwdriver to remove the case. I have a nice 3/4" gouge on the side of my PlayBook because of this lol

Are you looking for just a hard case or a case/holster combo?

The Case Mate Brushed Aluminum FX case is a very nice looking hard case and offers full body protection while also adding a roughly 2mm lip to the screen to protect it from face first falls.
    03-13-13 11:41 AM
    I Have the Otter box as well and I was thinking if I should double screen protector my Z10 because I want to take it out of the otter box to try it with other cases that can actually show off the phone, do you know which is the best screen protector for this situation and if it will hurt the touch sensitive?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 12:47 PM
    Need to correct myself. Found a string of paper clips attached to the holster recently, so I guess it does have a magnet...

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 03:07 PM
    Need to correct myself. Found a string of paper clips attached to the holster recently, so I guess it does have a magnet...

Posted via CB10
    Does it make the phone go on sleep/standby?
    The reason I ask is because Otterbox magnet doesn't work due to flawed design, I had to do some modification to it.

Posted via CB10 on my zed10
    03-31-13 05:56 PM
    Does it make the phone go on sleep/standby?
    The reason I ask is because Otterbox magnet doesn't work due to flawed design, I had to do some modification to it.

The PUREGEAR case has the magnet in the clip (center) and does not put the Z10 into sleep/standby mode - at least for me, trying the phone both ways into the holster. Have not really used a holster much in the past, but I recall it worked with the 9860 the few times I used one. I don't know if the current non sleep is a limitation of the holster design or the Z10 capability.

Posted via CB10
    webdave likes this.
    04-01-13 10:14 AM
    The PUREGEAR case has the magnet in the clip (center) and does not put the Z10 into sleep/standby mode - at least for me, trying the phone both ways into the holster. Have not really used a holster much in the past, but I recall it worked with the 9860 the few times I used one. I don't know if the current non sleep is a limitation of the holster design or the Z10 capability.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the update, it's the holster, I'm using Otterbox atm, but I needed to make some modification to the magnet. And if works great but I'm looking for slimmer hardcase/holster combination that has sleeper magnet working.

04-01-13 12:24 PM
    Ballistic!! I wanted an Otterbox Commuter style and can't stand the defender. The ballistic meets and exceeds the Otterbox IMO. May be slightly bulkier then a commuter style but no where near the Defender. Very happy I bought the Ballistic here at CrackBerry!! No one carries them here retail.
    04-02-13 11:17 PM
    I love it - had one for my 9930 just got my puregear z10 on ebay. Does crackberry even like puregear or are they married to their advertisers?
    04-03-13 12:22 AM
    +1 for the Ballistic case. I've had them for my 9860 and 9900. Fantastic cases, and the price is right. The otterbox was too deep on the device edges for typing. Ballistic is lower on the edges with raised corners.

Loving it, as I have all the others.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:16 PM
    I just ordered a Power Skin. Will give my review and post pics when I get it on Monday.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:18 PM