Hi all, when I downloaded and tried to sync music from my PC to my Z10 all the existing album art on the songs I downloaded directly to my Z10 changed to a single cover.
    All my album covers changed to The Verve. I had a **** of a time because I tried to re-sync and after I did that sd card got corrupted and I had to re-format my sd card.
    Has anyone else experienced this or kow why this is happening? I must admit that the Link program sucks compared to the old Blackberry desktop.
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    03-12-13 12:48 PM
    BlackBerry Link is the most horrible piece of crap I've seen in a long time when it comes to software. And many would agree 100%.

Written under BB10
    03-12-13 01:02 PM
    I have to agree that BlackBerry Link is not very good. That being said I have had no problems moving my music from PC to my SD card. All the album art is in the correct place.
    Maybe check to see how they are set up in WMP and make sure they are correct there.
    You could also just create a file on you desktop and drag and drop the correct files if you feel it is set up right

CB10 App, Z10
    Hairbear1954 likes this.
    03-12-13 01:02 PM
    I have to agree that BlackBerry Link is not very good. That being said I have had no problems moving my music from PC to my SD card. All the album art is in the correct place.
    Maybe check to see how they are set up in WMP and make sure they are correct there.
    You could also just create a file on you desktop and drag and drop the correct files if you feel it is set up right

CB10 App, Z10
    I moved 20 files to a folder on my desktop because I have to make sure it worked first, I know the art is correct because i edited all thre mp3's with tagging software when I download them. Not sure what happened but I am going to have to try again to see if it was just a fluke or if it happens constantly
    03-12-13 01:17 PM
    My music files were fine when I was removing my memory card and adding music that way. My problem of album art not working started when I downlloaded BB Link and it automatically started to sync my music.

First off, it does not matter if your sync is set to Microsoft media player or Itunes. The problem was that when Link sync-ed, files were added to my memory card, all over the place, and this caused a permenent error on the card, reformatting was needed. These files are "folder.jpg" and "bbthumb.dat". ALL those files need to be deleted, there had been about 30 created on mine. The way I found them was I searched my micro sd on my PC, (some BBthumb files may be hidden so make sure that setting is on). I used the search function of all files in "windows explorer" to do this (this is not the same as windows internet explorer). After I deleted those and any other I did not recognize, I copied the entire card (pictures etc as well) to my desktop in a folder. Then I put the card back in the z10 and reformatted the card. Then, I put the card back in the PC and put everything from the folder I had created back on the card. Success! I am so glad it worked, I was not happy with no album art, my whole music collection is on that 16 gb card! I hope this helps someone! It took me 3 hours of reading forums to combine all answers I had seen!

I have now permanently UNINSTALLED BBlink from my PC and will not use it. It is not necessary, and clearly has some bugs for my set up anyway
    (I run a PC with windows 7)
    billsterjito and Peacelily33 like this.
    03-14-13 10:01 PM
    I've had zero issues with BlackBerry Link... I used it to sync almost 4000 songs and I update play lists all the time and resync. My only complaint is that it does take forever to sync play list updates. Sorry about your luck everyone.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 10:15 PM
    I've had zero issues with BlackBerry Link... I used it to sync almost 4000 songs and I update play lists all the time and resync. My only complaint is that it does take forever to sync play list updates. Sorry about your luck everyone.

Posted via CB10
    What type of computer set up do you have?
    03-16-13 01:12 AM
    Hi, I have just started using Blackberry Link after getting a Z10. The problem I am having is that Link tells me 'There are no songs in your Windows Media Player Library'.

I am running Windows 8 on my PC and use Windows Media Player as my default player; all my music is stored in the 'My Music' folder in 'My Documents', so I cannot understand why Link cannot see the songs. Is it looking somewhere else for them? and if so why can I not change directory, as can be done in Pictures, Videos and Documents?

. Can anyone offer any help with this.

Thanks
    03-22-13 10:42 AM
    I'm no fan of BlackBerry Link either. Syncing about 3.1 GB of music from iTunes took me about 18 hours!!! Yes, 18 freaking hours of non-stop syncing! Now if I hadn't cut it off at the end to go to work, who knows maybe it still had another 4 hours. Not good.
    04-01-13 03:10 PM
    I'm no fan of BlackBerry Link either. Syncing about 3.1 GB of music from iTunes took me about 18 hours!!! Yes, 18 freaking hours of non-stop syncing! Now if I hadn't cut it off at the end to go to work, who knows maybe it still had another 4 hours. Not good.
    I synced my 4.1 gigs of music from iTunes in 30 minutes. 18 hours seems excessive. Have you tried it again?

This is just syncing the music files, nothing else.

And yes, BlackBerry Link is not the friendliest application to use if you aren't computer literate. I found it a piece of cake to use, definitely need improvements, no question there.

But anyhoo, if I were to troubleshoot your 18 hour issue, I would tell you to do the music sync in batches and see how it goes from there:
    -make a play list in iTunes for all songs from the 90's.
    -open up BlackBerry Link
    -plug in your Z10, and stop any automatic backup or syncing
    -make sure you are in the left most tab (the tab that is not your phone)
    -go to music, expand the playlist
    -right click on the 90's playlist and choose sync to Z10

See how long all the songs on that playlist takes to sync over.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Young Z; 04-01-13 at 04:09 PM.
    04-01-13 03:43 PM
    Thanks, Young Z. Haven't yet tried it again but I certainly will soon enough. Yes, I was just syncing music and nothing else. It was especially frustrating because - fair or not - I compared it to my experience with music sync (same music!) on my 9900 using BlackBerry Desktop Software... worlds apart!

But anyway, I'll give it a shot again and see what happens. Thanks again.
    04-01-13 04:05 PM
    I agree, not the most intuitive software to use...and even the directions aren't easy...referring dragging files to your device like it was that obvious, ha. Here are directions that I thought were easy and somewhat helpful. How to sync my BlackBerry Z10 with BlackBerry Link
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    04-09-13 12:18 PM
    I had the same issue with album art. All songs that I dragged and dropped had the same album art. What a mess.

I dislike Link. Truly dislike it. Terrible

I now use windows Explorer to drag and drop music files onto my sd card. I found that by creating sub folders of podcasts and albums the art work is sorted and my music app finally looks appealing.

It actually looks really good now with the screen res and being able to see the various podcast or album art work.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-09-13 03:24 PM
    BlackBerry Link is the most horrible piece of crap I've seen in a long time when it comes to software. And many would agree 100%.

Written under BB10
    While I tend to loathe comments like this as being more flash than substance, I must confess that I have had a pretty awful experience with the syncing on BlackBerry Link and my Z10. It has managed to put three copies of my music files and three copies of my video files on the device, filling the card to the brim. And when I went to remove them from link, it would show them as vanished in Link, but they would still be on the device! In the end, I had to manually erase everything I didn't want. Pain in the ***.

Part of it is probably "user error" but the UI doesn't really do a good job telling you what is happening, what files are being copied when, what is queued up in case you lose a connection etc. And WiFi sharing kept crapping out on me as did connecting as a network drive.

This aspect is much, much, much simpler on iOS and iTunes.
    05-05-13 08:54 AM
    I had the same issue with album art. All songs that I dragged and dropped had the same album art. What a mess.
    Album art is something I always find flakes out on any of my BlackBerry OS or Apple devices. I suspect it's a myriad of defects and inconsistencies between different things across iTunes, Link and the various OS versions. On the BlackBerry (PlayBook, 9900, Z10), there's a weird habit of putting the wrong album art on a song. On the Apple devices, you'll have artwork display fine on one device (usually the Mac) but not on the other (iPod, iPhone or Apple TV). In some cases, this is an issue with the BlackBerry's too ... one time they're working, the next time they aren't. iTunes also does a really crappy job 'getting' album Artwork and fails often in pulling it down for me. You'll look up the song on iTunes store and it will show, but when you ask iTunes to add the album art to your song, it fails.

Always strikes me as one of those things that's considered 'low priority' and it shows. Too bad, because I love seeing album art for my songs.
    bintheredundat likes this.
    05-05-13 09:30 AM
    Used to sync music directly to the SD card, but then I decided to do it the proper way and it's been a nightmare dealing with link. I've reformatted my card and everything and it still messes up play lists. Like it will add the song (with missing album art) but the playlist will show a bunch of sings as "Can't locate File" even though it is in fact in the main music folder thus happens on every single playlist I sync. I feel like dealing with Link is way more work than it's worth. But if they were going to improve it, how bout add a date imported column in the music selection so you can actually arrange a recently added playlist, ofcourse the issues I mentioned above would need to be fixed first.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 07:36 AM
    Yep. All of a sudden my Link wants to download and install the latest software for my Z10 (which I'd already downloaded via OTA) plus it created 5 copies of each photo, corrupted my Sd card and can't sync any music anymore. The last time I tried this it said unknown file and even created duplicate entries that were useless.

Pretty fed up at the moment with this as I want this to work. At the moment I'd rather not connect it to anything in case it breaks again... Now without my music on my phone this ain't fun. Sent already a tweet to BB and hope that someone gets the hang of that application. By the way I use a Mac.
    05-13-13 05:17 PM
    In Blackberry Link, you will notice the 2 tabs in the lower left at the bottom for the PC and for the BB. Select your named PC and go through your file tree of Artists, Albums, Songs, and Playlists.... the items you want to send to your BB - right click - Sync to - *your BB*. If you have any issues where the sync is incomplete, the circular arrows - Click to turn sync off, and click again to turn it back on and it will continue to add where if left off.
    Blackberry Link and Music Syncing-sync-.jpgBlackberry Link and Music Syncing-click-.jpg
    07-19-13 02:31 AM
    Faaaaaaaaarq.

So frustrated with Link right now. I created new playlists with WMP and BB Link can not find them to sync them. Anyone else experience this and have a solution for it?
    08-25-15 12:34 AM