So today i get a txt alert from rogers saying i was 50 dollars over my data. (i got the txt 6 hours after receiving it as i was asleep.) i used my phone for maybe 2 mins then two hours later i get another one. from rogers saying it was 100 dollars over my plan. i was like WTF. i normally only use between 200-600mb tops i got 1gb. and I'm only 12 days into my cycles i get these txts my rogers said i used it all... which I've never done in my life. I know the Z10 doesn't crunch the data as much as my old bb's but still. But i have done nothing out of the normal to even get close to 1gb..

Anyone know what it could be? I Contacted rogers they say the data came from the gulf islands which makes no sense as I'm on Vancouver island.
    03-12-13 02:44 AM
    sounds like you just go nailed with some famous Rogers roaming charges.. thats why i left rogers was always getting roaming charges for places i had never been..
    03-12-13 03:01 AM
    Thats carrier issue. Not bbz10

Posted via BlackBerry z10 (CB)
    03-12-13 04:09 AM
    and there lies the issue with airwaves.

The wind can blow them for miles. As an example, the fine folks in Victoria often have their cells jump to roaming because the Verizon signal from across the straight is blown into the very tip of Victoria. (used to happen to me all the time when I worked downtown)

The same appears to be happening to you. I'm not saying that this is the case, but I have no problem believing it. LTE is still spotty down there (unless you're in the CRD)

In the end though, yes the Z10 is a data *****. 1gig is barely going to cut it. I'm a power user and my 6gig plan is almost maxed. (and that's with wifi enabled)
    If Rogers is saying it's just data usage and NOT roaming, then wifi more.The days of simple surfing are over. Webpages are monsters now-a-days and will gobble up data plans very easily.
    03-18-13 05:59 PM
    They should send you text messages when you are approaching your data limit, not after the fact.
    03-26-13 11:29 AM
    Make sure you turn your "Data While Roaming" option OFF and it won't pick up the US carriers. You can also have a block put on from the Rogers end if you wish. And no, the new BB Z10 does not compress the data like old BB's. It's now on par with all of the other top smartphones/superphones such as iPhone5 and Galaxy S3.
    03-29-13 06:38 PM
    Rogers also has a 4-hour lag time, so when you do get notifications of going over your data limit, it's already dated information. Sucks, I know
    03-30-13 09:27 PM