So today has been a messed up day. I went to my local AT&T store to get some info about the Z10 with my 2 year old. got what I needed and went to my car. Backed out of the spot and some old lady backed into my car. I didn't want that to ruin my day so we went to target. My daughter was watching a movie in the shopping cart and then wanted to get out to run around. She handed me my Playbook and it slipped from her hand and I tried catching it but missed and it landed on its corner. The Playbook was in its flip case so I checked the screen and there was nothing wrong. Finished shopping and went to the car and loaded everything. I went to take my Playbook out of its case so I could mount it in its dash kit and come to realize the corner was missing. It works fine as of now as I'm posting from it as I type.

What a messed up day
    Attached Thumbnails What a day for my Playbook and my xB-uploadfromtaptalk1363051981758.jpg   What a day for my Playbook and my xB-uploadfromtaptalk1363052213998.jpg  
    03-11-13 08:40 PM
    WOW what a day you had indeed...Sorry to hear about the misfortunes. Glad the PB is still working though, Sure another tablet would have had a shattered screen for sure falling on its side. I am always impressed with my PB too, took some nasty falls, face first and survived without any dings! Hopefully when you pick up the Z10, you can look back on this day and have a nice chuckle. With the Z10, you'll use the PB alot less...and insurance should cover the car!
    03-11-13 08:48 PM
    Well I think what you have to do is pretty obvious..... Ya gotta dump that two year old....a bad bit of business there
    03-11-13 08:54 PM
    WOW what a day you had indeed...Sorry to hear about the misfortunes. Glad the PB is still working though, Sure another tablet would have had a shattered screen for sure falling on its side. I am always impressed with my PB too, took some nasty falls, face first and survived without any dings! Hopefully when you pick up the Z10, you can look back on this day and have a nice chuckle. With the Z10, you'll use the PB alot less...and insurance should cover the car!
    I spoke with the other person's insurance company 3 hours after it happened, sent him all the pictures and they accepted fault. I have an appointment at a body shop to get it looked at tomorrow and figure out when it can get repaired.

As for the Z10, that's what I read that I will be less on my Playbook after buying a Z10. I hope that's not true as I love my Playbook it nevers leaves my side compared to my Bold 9900 which at the moment I'm not sure where it is.
    03-11-13 09:15 PM
    Well I think what you have to do is pretty obvious..... Ya gotta dump that two year old....a bad bit of business there
    I thought about it but I really don't want to pissed off the wife. But with a face like that it will be hard to let goWhat a day for my Playbook and my xB-uploadfromtaptalk1363054713826.jpg
    BB_Bmore and dave_h_946 like this.
    03-11-13 09:19 PM
    What a day for my Playbook and my xB-img_00000001.jpg

I understand. I got a three year old granddaughter. She basically owns me and I take my responsibility to spoil her rotten very seriously .
    kidkamel and dave_h_946 like this.
    03-11-13 09:33 PM
    Your playbook and your daughter are both working fine. I say that's a pretty damn good day.
    kidkamel and dave_h_946 like this.
    03-11-13 10:06 PM
    You can buy a back cover on ebay for less than $10.
    03-12-13 03:36 AM
    Sorry about the playbook and the car bro.. my two year old uses my playbook all day and drops it fairly frequently I'm amazed by the excellence of its build quality and that it seems to hold up to all these accidental drops but your image has me wondering if I should get a heavy duty cover for it or try and get her to use that damn ipad I bought for her. Even a two year old knows the playbook is far better than an ipad.
    03-12-13 03:48 AM
    So today has been a messed up day. I went to my local AT&T store to get some info about the Z10 with my 2 year old. got what I needed and went to my car. Backed out of the spot and some old lady backed into my car. I didn't want that to ruin my day so we went to target. My daughter was watching a movie in the shopping cart and then wanted to get out to run around. She handed me my Playbook and it slipped from her hand and I tried catching it but missed and it landed on its corner. The Playbook was in its flip case so I checked the screen and there was nothing wrong. Finished shopping and went to the car and loaded everything. I went to take my Playbook out of its case so I could mount it in its dash kit and come to realize the corner was missing. It works fine as of now as I'm posting from it as I type.

What a messed up day
    A Ballistic case is what you need for your PlaybookWhat a day for my Playbook and my xB-imgres.jpeg
    03-12-13 09:04 AM
    The otterbox adds considerable bulk and weight to the pb but provides what appears to be really good protection and extra protection in the corners.
    03-12-13 09:04 AM
    Ha ha. My kids have basically destroyed my training iPod (random tosses on concrete, sugared hands, food, vomit, etc). Now, they take better care of the PlayBooks. Don't know that I would have spoken with the other person's insurance. I would have called my insurance and just let them hash it out... a lot less messy that way.
    03-12-13 09:34 AM
    What's really depressing about the OP two pics..... is that there is NO SNOW in the pictures!!! I still have 5 ft of snow on my front lawn..... seriously, that's the first thing I noticed....

Oh ya....sorry to read about your car and playbook thingy....
    03-12-13 10:47 AM
    That's funny; I noticed the palm tree in the background too.
    03-12-13 11:07 AM
    That's funny; I noticed the palm tree in the background too.
    Yes the palm tree is nice to have everywhere. I live in central Florida near Walt Disney World. The weather was amazing yesterday today was different, rain all morning until about a couple of hours ago it stopped. Right now its about 74� and clear.

Yesterday was a crap day but today has been a great turnaround. My car is at body shop getting repaired and I should get it back in a week. They put me in a 2012 dodge charger. My Playbook works like its brand new it just has electrical tape covering the corner. I also pre ordered my Z10 from Best Buy so I'm excited but sad that I have to wait 10 days before I can have it in my hands.
    03-12-13 03:19 PM
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune but I couldn't stop staring at the back of your playbook. Is that carbon fiber, and if so where can I get ... Excuse, not trying to be an arse
    03-12-13 11:27 PM
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune but I couldn't stop staring at the back of your playbook. Is that carbon fiber, and if so where can I get ... Excuse, not trying to be an arse
    Thanks and yes its a carbon fiber overlay from ghost armor. I have the clear up front and the black carbon fiber on the back.

Here's a picture of the back cover. Just don't pay attention to the electrical tape on the right corner. I need to redo it as my daughter has been picking at it.
    Attached Thumbnails What a day for my Playbook and my xB-uploadfromtaptalk1363150101768.jpg  
    03-12-13 11:49 PM
    I'd smash a million PB's before I'd let my daughter be hurt for a second, buy a new one for her with an Otterbox on it.
    03-13-13 06:37 AM
    So last night I ordered a new back plate from ebay. paid $10 shipped. So in a few days it will be back to normal.
    03-13-13 11:41 AM
    Hey...wasn't your PlayBook knocked about in the accident? .......wait...who said that?
    03-13-13 03:20 PM