Hi guys,

Just want to see if anyone having the same problem here. I am on the latest OS yet my battery is draining fast. From 7am to 3pm, i am left with 30%.
    Seems like the side load WhatsApp is the cause of the problem.
    03-11-13 02:32 AM
    Hi guys,

Just want to see if anyone having the same problem here. I am on the latest OS yet my battery is draining fast. From 7am to 3pm, i am left with 30%.
    Seems like the side load WhatsApp is the cause of the problem.
    Are you leaving Whatwhatapp running all the time in the background? That would constitute poor battery life I believe.

There's always been issues with Battery life and WhatsUPapp previous (Especially on BlackBerry)
    03-11-13 02:36 AM
    At least for me it did . Deleted it and now I last a whole day. Using open WhatsApp now. My guess is it remains "Open" in the android runtime, because I 'd get push notifications even if closed.
    03-11-13 02:39 AM
    I think so too! I gonna install the open whatsapp for now before the official whatsapp release.
    03-11-13 02:42 AM
    I can't speak to whether WhatsApp Sideload makes battery life worse because I have had it since day 1, so it's my baseline. BUT I can say I have whatsapp running all day (and my WhatsApp group buzzing half the day), and was able to get much much much better battery life by:
    1. Turning off LTE
    2. Moving my brightness from top to 3/4
    3. Turning off the awake on swipe feature on the screen, so now I have to push the button to turn it on.
    4. Turning off notifications from whatsapp (this wasn't a battery issue, more of my group kept sending messages all day issue.... but I suspect it saves battery so im listing it here)

I don't know which of these did the trick, but after 18 hours of light usage and no charge I was only at 34%, which is much better than I was getting on previous days. I think maybe the screen change made the biggest difference, because I got that tip from a Blackberry official blog.
    03-11-13 04:36 AM
    Your battery life is good. Anyway. I have ditched the side load version and move on to try the open whatsapp. so far so good. seems more stable. We shall see in a few days
    03-11-13 06:17 AM
    I just installed openwhatsapp. I'm curious if anyone had experienced this what that as well?
    03-13-13 10:07 AM
    At least for me it did . Deleted it and now I last a whole day. Using open WhatsApp now. My guess is it remains "Open" in the android runtime, because I 'd get push notifications even if closed.
    Hi. I side loaded this and not getting notifications unless left a active frame. Am I missing something

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 10:42 AM
    my experience is that leaving android sideloaded version of whatsapp open in a minimized state is a battery hog.

sideloaded openwhatsapp in minimized state is good on battery.

openwhatsapp works 10x better and is way more visually appealling than the android version.
    03-13-13 12:39 PM