I've got 3 text messages with pictures attached. A text come thru saying " You have a message awaiting retrieval. Click the button below to retrieve it." There's a button that says download now. When I tap it, nothing happens. W T F?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 03:39 PM
    I just posted a similar thread. I'm having some issues with pictures and SMS and MMS. Not sure if it's an OS bug or possibly a setting that needs adjusted.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 03:43 PM
    I've got 3 text messages with pictures attached. A text come thru saying " You have a message awaiting retrieval. Click the button below to retrieve it." There's a button that says download now. When I tap it, nothing happens. W T F?

Posted via CB10
    Which OS you have? If it is 10.0.9.2372, you have go upgrade your os, to have pictures in text messages
    EllieNal likes this.
    03-10-13 05:52 PM
    Are you sure it's not to do with your account. I had this on mine, Orange UK and had to send a picture msg to myself to turn MMS on. So nothing to do with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 05:55 PM
    Which OS you have? If it is 10.0.9.2372, you have go upgrade your os, to have pictures in text messages
    I'm on the latest OS, 672, but had forgotten to update my signature . I did just now.
    03-10-13 06:13 PM
    Are you sure it's not to do with your account. I had this on mine, Orange UK and had to send a picture msg to myself to turn MMS on. So nothing to do with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    OK I just sent myself a photo via text message. It came thru no problem.
    03-10-13 06:17 PM
    I can't remember where the setting is on the z10 but I did set my phone such that I only want files of a certain size to start downloading only when I have wifi to avoid hefty data costs. Could this be it?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 06:19 PM
    This is happening to me too as I type this. Even stranger, the whole chat disappeared out of the Hub and could only be seen in the text message app. So I've deleted the entire chat and asked the sender to resend the photo. I also went into the Text Messages app, then tapped open options (the three vertical dots in the bottom right corner). From there, I went to Settings and in "Display and Actions" I turned on "Download Images Automatically" (it was off). While doing that, I received another text message, from me, which said five times in bright red lettering "General problems".

When I received the next attempt, the photo came through as an attachment that I had to click on to see, but at least it worked. I also got a sixth "General problems" message. But hey, at least I could access the photo this time!
    03-19-13 03:27 PM
    Hi just checking to see if sending the picture msg to yourself worked. Can you now receive picture messages from other people. -

If not worth contacting your carrier as we had something similar on a non BB device, the carrier had not enabled MMS there end. Sorry had forgotten about that one
    04-03-13 10:51 AM
    This thread is a few months old but I ran into the same issue yesterday. VZW was no help so I went tried and true. Backed up the text messages and contacts with 3rd party apps to my SD Card, did a full backup with BlackBerry, followed by a security wipe then loaded .4687 (was using .4633) and synced with Outlook for calendar info. I did not re-import my settings from my backup (that was for "insurance") and I'm good to go; MMS messages coming in fine. Hope this helps.
    07-31-13 04:08 PM
    I had this issue, it was a DNS issue on the carrier's side. Eventually the record expired and renewed and we are rocking again.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 04:58 PM
    which carrier? curious due to the same issue on VZW for me as well
    07-31-13 06:10 PM
    just got off the phone with VZW got a non ***** and had her reset the switch settings and that fixed it. Took all of 10 mins on the phone. hope that helps.
    07-31-13 06:21 PM
    I am increasingly having the same problem. I just received 4 text messages. All had the Download Now box within each text. But pushing the download now box does nothing but make the box go away???
    10-01-13 11:47 AM