My BB PlayBook wall charger isn't working anymore, and I don't have another one. Can I use any BB phone wall charger to charge my PlayBook without the battery getting messed up?

Thanks!
    03-10-13 02:53 PM
    Yes, but it takes a long time.
    03-10-13 02:59 PM
    You can also charge it using a usb plugged into a pc/laptop, but same thing it takes a long time.
    03-10-13 03:01 PM
    And if you USE it while charging with a "lesser" charger, it might actually lose power and not charge. It will charge slowly if sitting idle. The screen uses a ton of power.
    03-10-13 03:23 PM
    As F2 said, in most cases if the PB is on you may even lose charge as BB phone chargers and USB ports don't supply sufficient current to properly charge the PB. In some cases it will charge but as mentioned, extremely slow. The exception is the BB phone rapid charger which is actually a PB standard charger. Research the forum, as this has been dealt with extensively in many threads.
    03-10-13 05:10 PM
    I would suggest getting a PB charging dock! didn't think i'd want, or need one, but ever since I got it I never knew how convenient it was.
    03-10-13 06:16 PM
    Charge it when off and overnight with phone. Charger.
    03-10-13 08:55 PM
    Buy rapid charger, they have been found pretty cheap by many.
    03-10-13 08:58 PM
    Also look for the rapid travel charger which attaches magnetically to the three pogo pins. It is somewhat less prone to problems and is much more flexible in use than the dock since you can use the HDMI and USB ports while charging. Also you would not need to remove most cases to charge. Save the poor,miserable, weak, easily damaged USB port for other uses.
    03-10-13 09:03 PM
    Also look for the rapid travel charger which attaches magnetically to the three pogo pins. It is somewhat less prone to problems and is much more flexible in use than the dock since you can use the HDMI and USB ports while charging. Also you would not need to remove most cases to charge. Save the poor,miserable, weak, easily damaged USB port for other uses.
    I give a loud "SECOND" to that suggestion. I have both the dock and the magnetic plug type. Mag is the best for me although my better half likes the dock better. :-)
    03-10-13 09:41 PM
    Here's the choices
    Attached Thumbnails Can I use any BB wall charger to charge my BB Playbook?-playbookchargers3.jpg  
    03-11-13 12:39 AM
    My BB PlayBook wall charger isn't working anymore, and I don't have another one. Can I use any BB phone wall charger to charge my PlayBook without the battery getting messed up?

Thanks!
    Are you sure it's the charger? There are a lot of threads on here about damaged charger ports. Check the port itself and make sure the centre pin has not been pushed up, which is very easy to do if the plug has been pushed in upside down. Use something like a toothpick to straighten it
    Malcolm

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    03-11-13 02:21 AM
    Last post is oh so correct re pins needing adjustment.
    That fixed mine for about 2 weeks and then it again would not charge my playbook. To much fiddling around. Cannot recommend the dock.
    Currently charging the playbook with my Mifi charger. Not quite as quick as the rapid charger dock, but way quicker than when connected to my laptop. Estimate that it charges from, say 20% to 100% in about 1-1/2 hours.
    03-11-13 03:14 PM