My wife keeps complaining about the blurry pixilated pictures coming from my Z10 to her iphone4s. The picture looks clear when I take it on my phone. How can I fix this? Or is bell limiting the quality of my photo through mms?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 10:01 AM
    Open the image on your computer and see if you get the same result as your wife.
    03-10-13 10:03 AM
    Its probably being compressed like it does if you send it via BBM. There should be an option to send original as apposed to it automatically compressing it. I hate the way it does this. I know its to save data, but I got a 6GB data plan and I should be able to send it how every I want.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    03-10-13 10:39 AM
    Yes it is likely being compressed. Best option is to use cloud service, email or even blue tooth to send files.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 10:51 AM
    ^^^ Using other options like email or bluetooth is a load of sh!t. We shouldn't have to make comprimises on how we use our device. Things like this should be sorted out and it should work the same way it does on iOS and Android.
    It's these little points... and there is alot of them that get the user pissed.
    Eskibo likes this.
    03-10-13 11:23 AM
    ^^^ Using other options like email or bluetooth is a load of sh!t. We shouldn't have to make comprimises on how we use our device. Things like this should be sorted out and it should work the same way it does on iOS and Android.
    Thanks for that. I agree totally. I'm paying for unlimited text, picture and video messaging. My pics are not being sent as I intend. They are being altered. That to me is a violation of the contract I signed. Unless someone at Bell shows me that all my pics sent through mms will be altered or compressed! What the heck? I have 6 gigs data Plan!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 11:33 AM
    That a mms limitation, it doesn't allow fill quality pictures to be transferred.
    03-10-13 11:38 AM
    I read the Z10 only saves pics in the default size which would be huge files. Is there an app that you can change the size to a reasonable size for sending?
    03-10-13 11:42 AM
    That a mms limitation, it doesn't allow fill quality pictures to be transferred.
    Sounds like a load of garbage to me. I sent pics to my wife by the dozen and came through clear and unmodified when I had my iphone4.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 11:44 AM
    Sounds like a load of garbage to me. I sent pics to my wife by the dozen and came through clear and unmodified when I had my iphone4.

Posted via CB10
    Highly doubt it,because someone i text regular sends me mms from iphone5 and they come @ a size of 90kb,which i doubt is the size on their phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 11:48 AM
    Try using a cross platform instant messenger. Whatsapp is reportedly coming this week, but you really can't wait, you can always sideload OpenWhatsapp (search the forums here).

Posted via CB10
    If you were both using iPhones with at least iOS 5, then it was likely your pictures and texts were going over iMessage (data) instead of SMS.
    03-10-13 11:51 AM
    Highly doubt it,because someone i text regular sends me mms from iphone5 and they come @ a size of 90kb,which i doubt is the size on their phone.

Posted via CB10
    Listen smart a@@, read what has been said. Nothing about an iphone 5.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 11:55 AM
    Try using a cross platform instant messenger. Whatsapp is reportedly coming this week, but you really can't wait, you can always sideload OpenWhatsapp (search the forums here).

If you were both using iPhones with at least iOS 5, then it was likely your pictures and texts were going over iMessage (data) instead of SMS.
    Hmm, maybe your right. Good idea, I will try that. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 11:58 AM

Posted via CB10

Are you sure they weren't sent trough imessage?
    03-10-13 12:00 PM
    Listen smart a@@, read what has been said. Nothing about an iphone 5.

Posted via CB10
    Calm down, that kind if language will get you banned here. We're pretty sure you were using imessage not mms, big difference.
    03-10-13 12:03 PM
    Calm down, that kind if language will get you banned here. We're pretty sure you were using imessage not mms, big difference.
    My apologies. It's just the remarks people make accusing people of making things up. I don't know what tech terms are what. All I know is my wife won't stop complaining about poor quality pics. I'll try the app thing. Thanks for your help.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Apologies to you sir.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:11 PM
    My apologies. It's just the remarks people make accusing people of making things up. I don't know what tech terms are what. All I know is my wife won't stop complaining about poor quality pics. I'll try the app thing. Thanks for your help.

Posted via CB10
    WhatsApp will be coming out next week, I believe that's the most used cross platform instant messenger app.
    03-10-13 12:11 PM
    Try textme u have to sideloaded it.
    03-10-13 12:14 PM
    Apologies to you sir.

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't actually saying you were lying i was more doubting that its the phones fault,its more the network,and yes i think ur pics were going through imessage as mentioned,so maybe the best choice is a cross platform messenger

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:22 PM
    First of all if u guys are actually waiting for whatsapp it won't be out next week. If it is it'll be late in the week but I highly doubt any rumors I hear these days about anything to do with BlackBerry, your just setting yourself up for a complaint thread here.. . The picture via mms is a real problem. I've spent years sending pics via mms on other blackberries to my office at work and they are all legible. The pics I take now are same as op's, grainy over mms.... also the portrait only typing has me at the end of my ropes. My fingers way too big for this. Every single word is a spelling mistake, then it changes it to a word I don't want.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:29 PM
    I wasn't actually saying you were lying i was more doubting that its the phones fault,its more the network,and yes i think ur pics were going through imessage as mentioned,so maybe the best choice is a cross platform messenger

Alright, at least that will buy me some time with my super demanding spouse. To make matters worse is that she's berry bashing. Saying it takes blurry pics. I hope the whatapp arrives tmw!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:34 PM
    First of all if u guys are actually waiting for whatsapp it won't be out next week. If it is it'll be late in the week but I highly doubt any rumors I hear these days about anything to do with BlackBerry, your just setting yourself up for a complaint thread here.. . The picture via mms is a real problem. I've spent years sending pics via mms on other blackberries to my office at work and they are all legible. The pics I take now are same as op's, grainy over mms.... also the portrait only typing has me at the end of my ropes. My fingers way too big for this. Every single word is a spelling mistake, then it changes it to a word I don't want.

Posted via CB10
    Portrait only typing? Where is this happening to you...in the SMS app?!?
    03-10-13 12:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    This has me concerned also. I know it's meant to be used one handed but one handed doesn't work for me as I have issues with my hands and wrists where it hurts them to do so. I'll have to wait and see when I can actually try one.

For the MMS I hope they fix that too.
    03-10-13 12:35 PM
    This has me concerned also. I know it's meant to be used one handed but one handed doesn't work for me as I have issues with my hands and wrists where it hurts them to do so. I'll have to wait and see when I can actually try one.

For the MMS I hope they fix that too.
    There is landscape typing in the hub
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-10-13 12:37 PM
66 123