Quote "in light of the following fairly recent developments and facts:

1. CEO Thorsten Heins went on record to note that the company is encouraged by early Z10 sales
    2. The Z10 will be available in the USA starting March 22nd from AT&T (T) (this is the biggest catalyst)
    3. The company is still well capitalized, with $2.73B in cash on the books and no debt
    4. The company will be able to further built on momentum with the launch of its Q10 phone in 2Q 2013. The Z10 came first in order to build excitement and steal away share from Apple's (AAPL) iPhone and Google (GOOG) Android based phones, but the Q10 will clean up and bring on board the true BlackBerry loyalists who loved the original BlackBerry"

Full article ...
    BlackBerry: Is A Major Short Squeeze Coming? - Seeking Alpha
    el_excelsior likes this.
    03-10-13 08:52 AM
    I bet there is. volume has substantially decreased into the mid 25M shares traded per day in the last few weeks and there's still 30+% short interest in BB (150M shares shorted CAD+US). days to cover ~6+ days. A triangle pattern is forming and is primed for a breakout. also, the stock is trading under book value, they have cash, and no debt. Moreover, they have an awesome product garnering rave reviews from people have the phones and these are people coming from other OS like iOS and Android.

i believe there are a bunch of sideline money ready to enter the stock from retail investors, mutual funds and hedge funds, even those who sold out of apple, where is their money? probably on the sidelines just waiting. some can't pull the trigger now, because it's all speculative. BlackBerry has to release encouraging numbers at ER to prove it's back in business. I believe that they will destroy the expectations of the market. a ton of money will come into BlackBerry. and then the squeeze will occur on top of it as well. a 50% gain is possible. i could even see 500% gain. it has happened before, look at volkswagen-porsche. again, i'm not always right, and i could be wrong, butbased on all the information i've presented, i am declaring that BlackBerry is a winner.
    theRock1975 and s0be like this.
    03-10-13 10:33 AM
    I hope your correct but I think if there is one its a ways away...perhaps June if the numbers are three times expectations...or September with some huge numbers. I just don't see the big institutional buyers coming until at least then as they won't enter a position until certain BlackBerry is back for good. With the programs triggering buys and sells I'm not sure we can even get an epic sqeeze...hope I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 11:16 AM
    I wonder if its started. Stock up over $14 on opening trading. Now if those shorts are long on Apple their position is moving from the toilet to the graveyard!
    Last edited by dr0800; 03-11-13 at 11:14 AM.
    03-11-13 10:53 AM
    I think today's jump is just on the AT&T announcement. I'm hoping it drifts back down this week, honestly, since I've sold some other stock to buy in and I'd like to get the best deal I can.
    03-11-13 10:55 AM
    Yeah, the shorts will get squished... but it will happen in stages and we may not recognize it until after it has happened. The big money already has an exit strategy.
    03-11-13 11:04 AM
    After today's news of the biggest Blackberry order in their history, I think the shorts are finally going to get their comeuppance...
    03-13-13 03:04 PM
    I enjoy extra whip cream with my comeuppance.
    03-13-13 04:58 PM
    I have a feeling things are going to get a little crazy soon, I wonder when the shorts are going to start covering en mass. Well I will get some pop corn and enjoy the show
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-13-13 07:41 PM
    Like this?

missing_K-W likes this.
    03-13-13 07:55 PM
    Oh yeah, just like that lol
    03-13-13 08:33 PM
    Short interest offers very little information without considering the options market. Even then, it's an incomplete picture as a lot of options trade off the listed exchanges. It's an incomplete picture at best.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 07:00 AM
    I went in and bought somemore shares right after the 1 million Z10 order announcement. Hopefully the US release next week and the end of year report on March 28th will have some good news and increase its value.
    03-16-13 12:51 PM
    I have a buy limit order at $12 good through March 28th. Guys think it will fill?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 01:05 PM
    "They" say that there is approx. 30% short-stock interest. Based on this, what will happen to the stock price if there is a squeeze?
    Also, what happens if there is a re-call of stock with this said?
    03-16-13 03:02 PM
    147 Million as of last count...
    If a squeeze comes it will be a good one and the price will rise.

Not sure what you mean by the last question.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 03:05 PM
    A shorter's biggest fear?.......the dividend. BB issued 516MM shares. "The People" now hold about 677MM shares. If BB payed a $1.00 special dividend, it would cost them $516MM and the shorters would have to pay the other $161MM. BB and BBshareholders would get an instant 32% return on that investment.
    But when there is a vote at the next AGM, only 516MM shares get to vote, and if your shares have been loaned out - SOL, the new owner gets the vote. Sometime around May 17 is the date of record - those holding shares get to vote. When you get the AGM info and proxy voting cards in the mail.....then you will see how many of your shares got loaned out. Guys like Prem and the other big institutions aren't going to allow their shares to get loaned out because they need those shares to vote. So if 60% of the BB stock is held by institutions and insiders - a huge % of the shortable stock must be shorted. I still think the big boys are shorting the stock, letting the price drop enough to cover the cost of placing the short, then buying the same quantity but leaving the short open. This has no risk (price neutral), a dividend - would be paying yourself, you get the voting rights (either plan to do evil or are keeping stock out of the hands of the evil). If the big short position is still around on May 17 it will mean there is a very interesting vote coming at the AGM....is it the good guys, a take over, BB going private, voting to delist from NASDAQ?
    03-17-13 01:36 PM
    I belive lots of shorts already covered in that week when it stayed around $13 as not many big bull boys purchased them. That week, lots of exchanging was going between shorts, retailers and bulls were just watching it. There will be many bulls stepping in and all those people who dumped after the launch will come back..
    Many still shorted but should be less than 125 mil now.
    03-17-13 02:43 PM
    I hope your correct but I think if there is one its a ways away...perhaps June if the numbers are three times expectations...or September with some huge numbers. I just don't see the big institutional buyers coming until at least then as they won't enter a position until certain BlackBerry is back for good. With the programs triggering buys and sells I'm not sure we can even get an epic sqeeze...hope I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10

This ER will contain too much controversial information between the positives of the BB10 trends versus the negatives of the BB7 trends and the other unknowns with regards to the Q10, BES, and apps development and sales.

I think that September makes more sense for stock surges.
    03-17-13 02:50 PM
    I disagree. Between February 15th, and February 28th, the price of BBRY was pinned around $13.50 +/- 50 cents. In that same time period, short interest increased from 136M shares to 147M shares. This leads me, and many others to conclude, that the price was pinned at these levels only as a result of more stock being shorted. Shorts did not cover during that week. They shorted more.

Research In Motion Limited (BBRY) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com

I belive lots of shorts already covered in that week when it stayed around $13 as not many big bull boys purchased them. That week, lots of exchanging was going between shorts, retailers and bulls were just watching it. There will be many bulls stepping in and all those people who dumped after the launch will come back..
    Many still shorted but should be less than 125 mil now.
    Bugmapper and rampagingpanda like this.
    03-17-13 03:29 PM
    Or played straddles...which is quite likely imo.

I know the shorts are bold but not so convinced they are stupid too.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 03:51 PM
    The thing is shorts will only cover based on ER results nothing else as proven in last 2 monhts. They are not scared and no good news make them cover or they know something that we do not know, either technical reason, spy network, trojans on BB network like they did on nortel or inside information, Why should shorts will increase almost by triple from the worse condition of BB early last year to now when news/bb10 is out in the market. There were 50 mil shorts when no one was sure whether BB10 will be even out, BB might go bankrupt, before core program and now it is in best condition now and shorts trippled..I have been lookin for that anwer for months..failed so far.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    03-17-13 07:00 PM
    Very compelling argument.

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    03-17-13 07:17 PM
    You are completely correct. I sense that the shorts have extremely deep pockets considering they have been able to ride out the share price increase from $10+. Would love to hear from others on reasons they think short interest has increased so much. It is quite honestly something I've never seen before.

The thing is shorts will only cover based on ER results nothing else as proven in last 2 monhts. They are not scared and no good news make them cover or they know something that we do not know, either technical reason, spy network, trojans on BB network like they did on nortel or inside information, Why should shorts will increase almost by triple from the worse condition of BB early last year to now when news/bb10 is out in the market. There were 50 mil shorts when no one was sure whether BB10 will be even out, BB might go bankrupt, before core program and now it is in best condition now and shorts trippled..I have been lookin for that anwer for months..failed so far.
    03-17-13 07:31 PM
    I have a buy limit order at $12 good through March 28th. Guys think it will fill?

Posted via CB10
    I think $12 might be a little low. Honestly I'd be surprised to see if hit $13 before the earnings statement.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:10 PM
65 123