im getting my z10 shortly in a few weeks but wondered if you can print anything as easily as you can as with an ipad for example. Apple has a small print icon feature on the top of almost any page. I was wondering if the z10 had this where you can send wireless to a printer on your network. thanks in advance for any reply
    03-10-13 06:54 AM
    There's no native way of doing it but there are some free and paid apps that allow you to print directly from the phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 08:57 AM
    As mentioned above, there are a few free/paid apps that can support printing on the BlackBerry Z10 (Ricoh Hotspot printing etc) although applications like that require specific devices in order to function.

Just want to add:
    Airprint, although handy for the everyday consumer, is something that's really not fit-for-purpose in the large enterprise environment. The issues surrounding Airprint are:

>No support for MS Office documents (Only really PDF and Images)
    >No support for device accessories (Think MFD/Printer finishers that allow stapling/sorting and bypass trays allowing printing onto card)
    >No support for Print Management systems (Like Equitrac/Papercut etc), right down to basic user code authentication on a device (As Airprint isn't essentially a "Driver", you can't specify a usercode. As such, a device set up with user code authentication (used to track prints from specific people) would have to be disabled on most devices in order to allow the User-code-less Airprint documents to print out.

I actually work as a printer engineer. And currently were updating the firmware on request to support Airprint on our devices. It's a neat feature and certainly has it's uses. But for any sort of Enterprise/Large-scale business who may have systems in place to manage their printing, it's not exactly a final solution to the mobile worker.

As mobile computing picks up in the near future. I can see a "standard" printer language for mobile devices being developed, and hopefully adopted by OS developers (Sort of like PCL is for Windows/Printers)
    03-10-13 09:20 AM