I have been very patient and fare with the adoption of the Z10, especially because it is missing around a dozen legacy features that i used daily on my 9900.

I loathe having to use that program but it seems to be our only option right now. It seriously makes me either want to r go back to my 9900.

Does anyone share my same opinion?

Edit: And this isn't on one machine either, I have it on all 4 of my computers x68 XP, x86 Win 7, x86 Win 8 and 64 bit Win 8
    Last edited by Fubaz; 06-13-13 at 12:15 PM.
    03-09-13 07:18 PM
    you need a mac perhaps since all for PCs are windows

I havent installed link yet as there is no Z10 available in the US yet but you are certainly not the first to have issues. Hopefully BB gets link up and going before the US release. It would be nice if they could also have a nice way to to transfer contacts off a iphone or android device. BB needs everything it can get to steal people away.
    03-09-13 07:27 PM
    I haven't enjoyed using Link either, but it is certainly more of an annoyance thing. Has not had much of an impact on my enjoyment of my Z10. Mostly I have found it has issues working with my iTunes library and synching some of my music with the Z10. I can't imagine they are not working on many fixes to it.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 08:16 PM
    Link is without a doubt the worst desktop utility application known to man. It constantly crashes, fails to properly recognize when a device is attached, fails to backup all data, fails to restore all data.

BlackBerry proudly claims that not a single line of code was carried over to the Z10 which of course means that many of the most useful features are not available for the Z10. Now add the complete list of pathetic applications available, most of which aren't worth the time it takes to download.

With all of this one would think that BlackBerry would get something right. But clearly they have failed on every level.

If you have an older BlackBerry or other smartphone I urge you to stay with it and steer clear of the Z10 and the huge failure called BlackBerry Link.

Yes I'm using a Z10...and I regret it.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 08:20 PM
    Can't they find a windows programmer worth a squat?
    03-09-13 08:25 PM
    Works great for me. Way better than iTunes for sure. Who are you people?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 08:39 PM
    Who are they? Normal experienced users. Link is junk. It is Zune in Canadian Sheep's clothing.
    03-09-13 08:48 PM
    Works great for me. Way better than iTunes for sure. Who are you people?

Posted via CB10
    Comparing iTunes to Link is apples to oranges. As far as who I am. I'm someone that's been on this forum longer than you. So before you go making comments about someone perhaps you should take a few minutes and look at their profile. From what I can see this will bump your post count to what...305.

Now if you have something positive to add then please do. If not, then I suggest you go back to playing video games in your parents basement.

One last thing just so you know...Fubaz is one of the most knowledgeable and respected members on this forum.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 08:55 PM
    You are right. Link is the worst piece of garbage I have on my computer. I haven't had a day without it doing something stupid. It doesn't remember backups, it doesn't allow you to sync or backup over the wireless feature (why bother having that feature?). It won't "forget" unconnected devices. It takes forever to backup. Restores from a backup are downright dangerous (SMS messages received from the wrong people etc) and wrong.

I won't go on. It's depressing how bad it really is. Oh, and I have the updated version.
    DawgMan likes this.
    03-09-13 09:12 PM
    DawgMan, I think you are going a little too far there, but I guess you are entitled to your opinion. I personally don't think it should be BlackBerry's goal to develop a desktop program that is central to the BB10 experience. You really shouldn't need a piece of software to manage your phone, your phone should be able to manage itself.

It seems to perform backups fine for me, but again I think backups should be initiated from your device. Seems to do a half decent job of transferring my music. Always seems to see my Z10 wirelessly. Certainly needs refinements, but it certainly should not ruin your Z10 experience.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 11:03 PM
    Yes, I guess I was wrong to expect a piece of software to actually do what it's supposed to do. Yeah that's going way to far. I'm glad it seems to work flawlessly for you, however for many it fails to backup or restore correctly.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 10:31 AM
    Never said flawlessly, I have agreed that it isn't a very good piece of software and needs to be improved, and yes they should have known that in its current state it would cause frustration for some users, which is not good if you are trying to win back customers.

My point is that I hope in the future I don't need to use an external program to manage my phone very often, so BlackBerry should not be focusing on creating some wonderful piece of software. I want a wonderful phone, and I think I have one.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 01:44 PM
    I'm not fuss on it either. It won't recognize my device to allow me to back up

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    03-10-13 01:46 PM
    I have been very patient and fare with the adoption of the Z10, especially because it is missing around a dozen legacy features that i used daily on my 9900.

But i think what is even worse is their half a$$ desktop software. I have had so many issues with Link it is not even funny. From not importing my contacts when i did a device switch, to not being able to complete a back up without erasing every 3rd party app on my device. And don't get me started on its inability to restore my device as well.

I loathe having to use that program but it seems to be our only option right now. It seriously makes me either want to pick up a S3 or go back to my 9900.

Edit: And this isn't on one machine either, I have it on all 4 of my computers x68 XP, x86 Win 7, x86 Win 8 and 64 bit Win 8
    No. iTunes is..
    tg1 likes this.
    03-10-13 02:57 PM
    Never said flawlessly, I have agreed that it isn't a very good piece of software and needs to be improved, and yes they should have known that in its current state it would cause frustration for some users, which is not good if you are trying to win back customers.

My point is that I hope in the future I don't need to use an external program to manage my phone very often, so BlackBerry should not be focusing on creating some wonderful piece of software. I want a wonderful phone, and I think I have one.

Posted via CB10
    My point and the point of this thread is to discuss the problems and issues with blackberry link that many people have experienced. Clearly blackberry is not focusing on a wonderful piece of software that's pretty obvious. And considering that the Z10 can't perform its own backups and restore we are forced to use the less than stellar software.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 03:10 PM
    My point and the point of this thread is to discuss the problems and issues with blackberry link that many people have experienced. Clearly blackberry is not focusing on a wonderful piece of software that's pretty obvious. And considering that the Z10 can't perform its own backups and restore we are forced to use the less than stellar software.

Posted via CB10
    My original comment regarding your post was that I felt you went off the topic of the thread by going into a tirade about how BlackBerry has failed on all levels. That is why I commented that I felt you went a little far. Now you are telling me I diverged from the original topic. I think we are all in agreement that Link leaves a lot to be desired. Probably best to leave it at that and hope somebody at blackberry is reading these forums. I'm done with this one.
    03-10-13 07:24 PM
    The original Desktop Manager for the Mac was a complete clusterf&ck until,they fixed it up just before BB10 was released. I expect Link will take just as long to become usable.
    03-12-13 02:07 AM
    Downloaded and Installed BB Link on my Windows 7 Machine, no problems at all. Did a Device Switch, and finished by making a Backup of my Z10.
    Works like is should, what is the Problem??? Install Itunes if u want to get stressed out by some horrible desktop software.
    tg1 likes this.
    03-12-13 03:42 AM

But i think what is even worse is their half a$$ desktop software. I have had so many issues with Link it is not even funny. From not importing my contacts when i did a device switch, to not being able to complete a back up without erasing every 3rd party app on my device. And don't get me started on its inability to restore my device as well.

I loathe having to use that program but it seems to be our only option right now. It seriously makes me either want to pick up a S3 or go back to my 9900.

I second this it just blows "Big Time".
    03-12-13 01:50 PM
    Downloaded and Installed BB Link on my Windows 7 Machine, no problems at all. Did a Device Switch, and finished by making a Backup of my Z10.
    Works like is should, what is the Problem??? Install Itunes if u want to get stressed out by some horrible desktop software.
    Same here. I was able to do my backups on my Z10 devices using USB. Wifi didn't have options, but USB did.
    03-12-13 02:21 PM
    iTunes is the worst desktop software ever.
    Last edited by Felix_9300; 03-13-13 at 11:45 AM.
    tg1 likes this.
    03-12-13 02:46 PM
    Guess you haven't tried BlackBerry Link, have you?
    03-12-13 02:48 PM
    Guess you haven't tried BlackBerry Link, have you?
    Some of us have used it. I don't have the hate for the product that you do. Could be operator error.
    03-12-13 03:36 PM
    My comment was at @Felix_9300, thanks.

Yeah, that must be it. Operator error.

Junk is junk.
    Considering how much functionality they stripped out from the "old" Desktop Manager, you'd think they could have done a better job. How long does a backup (or restore) take for you?
    03-12-13 04:00 PM
    03-12-13 04:21 PM
34 12