Swiched on, connected, Blackberry World, Featured

Flix - 'Watch Netflix on your Blackberry Playbook with this native app which makes Netfilx accessible'.

I have never used Netfilx but have seen comments from a lot of members requesting Netflix. Is this the fix they, you, want?

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ross
    03-09-13 05:36 PM
    Swiched on, connected, Blackberry World, Featured

Flix - 'Watch Netflix on your Blackberry Playbook with this native app which makes Netfilx accessible'.

I have never used Netfilx but have seen comments from a lot of members requesting Netflix. Is this the fix they, you, want?

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ross
    It looks like you have to play the film off screen on your computer and THEN transmit the video to your Playbook (in real time) over wi-fi. Needs a high performance pc and wifi networked with your pc. So, maybe not altogether what is wanted.
    03-09-13 05:50 PM
    Netflix still don't work?
    They could just change the UA.
    03-09-13 07:44 PM
    No, it requires Silverlight. UA does nothing.

You can change Flash UA on a rooted device for hulu.

via Tapatalk
    03-09-13 07:53 PM
    Plex $4.99, nuff said.
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    03-09-13 08:12 PM
    Plex $4.99, nuff said.
    That works when away from home?
    03-09-13 08:17 PM
    I use PlayOn + Media Connect.
    - works over bridge
    - works over wifi local + internet

Or I use Splashtop.
    - works over wifi local + internet

Flix seems to keep having audio driver errors for me and an annoying logon system. And Flix doesn't seem to have internet options (I.e. To access it on the go).

I mostly use PlayOn + media connect on my PB because it works over bridge - which means it streams video through my phone wherever I am.

Plex, I don't think it even does Netflix but I could be wrong.

via Tapatalk
    03-09-13 08:34 PM
    Yes you are wrong.
    03-09-13 08:35 PM
    That works when away from home?
    Yes netflix hulu ++++++++
    03-09-13 09:46 PM
    Plex, I don't think it even does Netflix but I could be wrong.
    Do you even Google Plex bro....... Ha.
    03-09-13 10:31 PM
    Playon is the way to go, it also streams your local content off your computer. Worth it just for that if you have a large library. Once you set it up you can stream from anywhere as long as you leave your computer on. Get splashtop too so that if there is an issue you can get into your computer remotely and fix it.
    03-09-13 11:05 PM
    Then get yourself a micro hdmi cable and you can bring all your movies that are stored on your computer everywhere you bring your playbook. Its great.
    03-09-13 11:06 PM
    None of those "solutions" mean a thing if they require a computer running netflix to function. What happens if you don't own a home computer, it restarts, gets turned off, etc. I figure just stick to the incredible National Film Board App, and make sure to have a few TV show episodes and movies transferred onto it.
    03-10-13 03:08 AM
    Plex $4.99, nuff said.
    Not really nuff said, you left out an important detail. Netflix over Plex only works with US Netflix accounts.
    SifJar and Lendo like this.
    03-10-13 06:16 AM
    Then get yourself a micro hdmi cable and you can bring all your movies that are stored on your computer everywhere you bring your playbook. Its great.
    Another option for viewing media that you already have is using KalemSoft Media Player. It will stream content from your home server to your Playbook anywhere you have a WiFi connection.
    03-10-13 06:21 AM
    You could also try YouTube Movies, there are both movies for rent and some free selections. The streaming quality is excellent on the playbook.
    03-10-13 09:24 AM
    I have been watching movies from Amazon Prime... Seems to work great without any apps.
    03-10-13 09:52 AM
    Not really nuff said, you left out an important detail. Netflix over Plex only works with US Netflix accounts.
    I use a VPN like Unblock Us $4.99/month. watch US netflix outside US.
    03-10-13 02:02 PM
    I did google Plex + Netflix and saw the number of users who can't get the plugin to work.

via Tapatalk
    03-10-13 02:06 PM
    On my monitor the thread title is "Netflix on Playbook". Sooooooo

Netfix acc. + Playbook with Plex app. + Home computer with plex server = "Netflix on Playbook" US

Netfix acc. + Playbook with Plex app. + Home computer with plex server + VPN (unblock Us) = "Netflix on Playbook" outside US.

Typical thread on Crackberry these days:

O.P. Can anyone help me do "A" ?

First post: You can just do "B"

O.P. But I just want to do "A" can anyone help?

2nd Post: I would rather do "C".

3rd Post: "C" is stupid I just do "D" "E"

4th Post: OP is a *** who would want to "A"

O.P. But I just want to "A".

5th Post: Maybe you can "F" "O".
    03-10-13 02:23 PM
    On my monitor the thread title is "Netflix on Playbook". Sooooooo

Netfix acc. + Playbook with Plex app. + Home computer with plex server = "Netflix on Playbook" US

Netfix acc. + Playbook with Plex app. + Home computer with plex server + VPN (unblock Us) = "Netflix on Playbook" outside US.

Typical thread on Crackberry these days:

O.P. Can anyone help me do "A" ?

First post: You can just do "B"

O.P. But I just want to do "A" can anyone help?

2nd Post: I would rather do "C".

3rd Post: "C" is stupid I just do "D" "E"

4th Post: OP is a *** who would want to "A"

O.P. But I just want to "A".

5th Post: Maybe you can "F" "O".
    LMAO classic CB
    03-10-13 03:03 PM
    You forgot about the ranters about "this has been asked a million times" lol

via Tapatalk
    03-10-13 06:22 PM
    Can't say if this will benefit the PlayBook, but the Samsung Chromebook can now stream Netflix using HTLM5, as the Samsung Chromebook could not play Microsoft Silverlight.

Samsung's latest Chromebook now supports Netflix courtesy of HTML5 streaming

Press Play: Netflix arrives on the $249 Samsung Chromebook — Tech News and Analysis

This may just be like being able to use Skype on Outlook.com. That has not happened yet.
    03-11-13 10:13 PM
    Still requires a proprietary plugin though (I guess for DRM, although not 100% sure). While in theory it's a step in the right direction, without that plugin being available for the PB, it's no better than before. And seeing as Netflix never bothered to build an app for PB, I can't see why they'd build the plugin. Although I'm more than happy to be surprised. (Perhaps they'll decide to work with BlackBerry and have the plugin integrated into BB10? Unlikely, but we can hope)
    03-12-13 07:09 AM
    Out of curiosity has anyone tried the bar leaked on blackberry os.com id love to report it a working product but my usb port on my playbook went down this week so im charge dock only for now. This came out on their site a day or so ago and since you fine lot are looking for answers hopefully someone would be willing to sideload this and let me know the results
    03-12-13 08:18 AM
27 12