I have to say that the new BB10 OS is silky smooth and easy to navigate. However, the landmark BBM looks to be in the fall of its days. I have seen drastic data usage thru BBM usage since upgrading to my z10. I have ended my BlackBerry � BBM Messaging due to this. I am perplexed as to why this is not included in a text plan. Or at least an add on. Yes I do know that Wifi usage is free. However, I am not going to have Wifi on the roadways, or in government offices where the vast majority of the conversations take place. BlackBerry needs to address this issue. Any thoughts or ideas? Or is this another Bell cash grab?
    03-09-13 10:26 AM
    How much data are you using? for must of us it's alot more than previous BB's but it's nothing abnormal compared to the rest of smartphones out there...
    03-09-13 10:28 AM
    Ive seen my data go up, but not massively drastic. Are you sending a lot of files? But even then its a bit surprising
    03-09-13 10:29 AM
    How does one choose data usage on the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 10:35 AM
    What do you mean Bell cash grab? You're paying separately to use BBM?

Posted from the CB App on my White Zed 10
    03-09-13 10:35 AM
    How does one choose data usage on the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    If you mean wifi or network... it goes through wifi first (by default if available) if not > through the network!
    03-09-13 10:37 AM
    you are going to have to clarify yourself
    03-09-13 10:37 AM
    I'm with Bell, actually we have 6 devices on our personal plan (wife, kids and myself) and I don't see how you can blame bell for your increase in data usage.

I'm sure you are doing more with your Z10 than your other device, when you use the browser, are you using the desktop or mobile version setting?
    Your text and airtime plan should be the exactly the same, not sure I understand what Bell is doing to to you.

You wanna talk about crazy bills, get your 14 year old daughter an iPhone and watch Apple rape you through their app store.

Lil sidenote, that same 14 year old daughter has her iPhone for sale on Kijiji, she wants a Z10 I'm so proud of her, my little girl is growing up.
    03-09-13 10:39 AM
    Stop being so tight and get a real data plan. Your 500mb data plans that are ancient aren't gonna cut it with what phones do these days. Do yourself a favour.

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12, habs_fan, wilderr and 1 others like this.
    03-09-13 10:41 AM
    Yeah...I can't see this being an issue unless you have a 500mb data plan or even a 1gb plan and a heavy user... but that would depend on your definition of "heavy"
    03-09-13 10:46 AM
    Ummm...you have a "possibly" legitimate concern with data usage, but you title you thread with BB10 RIP and the end days?!? I find it hard to take a thread serious when it's wearing a troll costume! If data usage is your problem, then it would make since to title your thread that way. Just a suggestion. Hope you find a solution. Being in the US, i'll get back with you on this at the end of the month.
    03-09-13 10:46 AM
    Do you think data usage is going to be different on other applications?
    03-09-13 10:50 AM
    BBM messages (unless sending an attachment) use such a small amount of data. Not enough for one to go over their limit.

Unless using a 500mb plan. But even that would be fine. I have 1GB and only use 400mb.

As for the thread title, BB10 success doesn't have anything to do with your stubbornness and not buying enough data.
    03-09-13 10:52 AM
    I don't know where you guys are getting free wifi...

I'm paying my wifi at home... work is not allowed... and the last time I was getting free wifi is when I bought a coffee from this shop... and it's very slow... it is so slow that I have to order another coffee after reading two emails...

Posted via Z10
    ismarkwright likes this.
    03-09-13 10:55 AM
    How much data are you using? for must of us it's alot more than previous BB's but it's nothing abnormal compared to the rest of smartphones out there...
    I have used just over 1GB in 4 days - normal usage, no video streaming. Just emails, BBM, and internet - mostly news pages and such.
    03-09-13 11:09 AM
    Do you think data usage is going to be different on other applications?
    NEWBIE - Not saying that other platforms dont suck data either - I know they do, that is why I have stuck with Blackberry - Get lots of work done thru BBM - Thats the key to productivity.
    03-09-13 11:10 AM
    I have used just over 1GB in 4 days - normal usage, no video streaming. Just emails, BBM, and internet - mostly news pages and such.
    Yikes, that's a lot of data. I stream a lot of my music (spotify) along with push email,tweets, Facebook,google plus and it takes me at least 15-20 days to hit 1 gb of data...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    03-09-13 11:12 AM
    I call bull crap on that normal usage isn't 1gb over 4 days... There must be an app running or something.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 11:13 AM
    BBM messages (unless sending an attachment) use such a small amount of data. Not enough for one to go over their limit.

Unless using a 500mb plan. But even that would be fine. I have 1GB and only use 400mb.

As for the thread title, BB10 success doesn't have anything to do with your stubbornness and not buying enough data.
    I have a 5GB plan - shouldn't be using data for BBM. Thats the point of the thread - if BBM isn't included as PART of a Blackberry phone - then IMHO Blackberry is going to lose a unique feature. Using 1 GB in 4 days is complete BS. I don't use any services other than BBM, Text and email. Very little internet - mostly news - no push - no auto updates, No Box downloads on data - pretty much using it as a feature phone.
    03-09-13 11:13 AM
    Just curious.. How did you manage to pin point that BBM is the culprit here?

03-09-13 11:14 AM
    I call bull crap on that normal usage isn't 1gb over 4 days... There must be an app running or something.

Posted via CB10
    NO there isnt - I have the data turned off when I am at home. Why do you think I am Peaved - BTW Hab's suck
    03-09-13 11:14 AM
    1 GB in 4 days? I think that is probably due to something else, because that's a lot for just bbm. Have you been downloading lots of apps over your network?
    03-09-13 11:17 AM
    My wife's phone showed a 100MB hit of data at a specific time - I had her data turned off - thats when she turned it on - a bunch of BBM's were sent - She has nothing running on her phone - she BBM's me all the time. I realize that there were emails and such downloaded at that time, and all her box uploads are wifi as well. I am still watching what I use, but you shouldn't have to turn everything off on a superphone.
    Originally Posted by canuck_67

Posted via CB10
    lol....A Canucks fan and a Habs fan....come on boys keep the gloves on. Lets just agree that the Leafs data plan is the best.
    Ecm and 00stryder like this.
    1 GB in 4 days? I think that is probably due to something else, because that's a lot for just bbm. Have you been downloading lots of apps over your network?
    No downloading on data - I have my data turned off until I get to my selected few hotspots for wifi. But BBM wont work in a hotspot unless data is turned on. Maybe bell has an issue ??
    03-09-13 11:18 AM
117 123 ...