I have BlackBerry Link installed on a Mac and a Windows 7 laptop and I am unable to backup my Z10 on either computer. Both the Mac and the PC start the backup and run through the backup for a few minutes and then state that the backup failed. I also have BlackBerry Desktop installed on both computers, as I still need to backup my Playbooks. Anybody have any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 10:09 AM
    I have BlackBerry Link installed on a Mac and a Windows 7 laptop and I am unable to backup my Z10 on either computer. Both the Mac and the PC start the backup and run through the backup for a few minutes and then state that the backup failed. I also have BlackBerry Desktop installed on both computers, as I still need to backup my Playbooks. Anybody have any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    I have Windows 7 on a laptop. Opened Link, then plugged in Z 10, started backup, "Backup in Progress" at 61% now, 80%, 97%, Backup complete.
    Worked alright for me.
    03-09-13 11:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Down side is Link start coping my pictures again to my Z 10. Just spent the last half hour erasing pictures.
    03-09-13 11:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Is your BBID working?
    03-09-13 11:45 AM
    A number of users have had this issue, somehow related to apps. I deleted some of the bigger apps, and repeatedly tried backing up, until I finally had success. Some believe it's a specific app causing the problem (PC recipe box) but that was not the case for me.
    semperfi45 likes this.
    03-09-13 12:45 PM
    Thanks guys. I will try deleting some apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 02:58 PM
    Had same problem in not being able to backup application data on my Z10. Found reference to deleting PC Recipe app in the BB support forum. Did so (both on home screen an in BB World under Apps) and full backup works fine now on latest BB Link software.
    03-12-13 01:07 PM
    Ok Soo here's my problem - I have the BB Link on PC and on MAC.
    MAC backs up perfectly where as PC I keep getting an error saying to make sure your device is plug in.
    Anybody can help me that would be awesome. Also i've also removed and uninstalled BB Link several times, and keep getting the same error
    Please help
    Thanks
    03-13-13 10:53 AM
    A number of users have had this issue, somehow related to apps. I deleted some of the bigger apps, and repeatedly tried backing up, until I finally had success. Some believe it's a specific app causing the problem (PC recipe box) but that was not the case for me.
    I deleted saving yellow and recipe box and then shut down my computer and restarted it and was able to back up

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 11:36 AM