Once again MLB has apparently decided that there are no MLB fans sporting a BB. MLB.com At Bat | MLB.com: Mobile

Feel free to let them know how you feel: Customer Support toll-free number: 866-800-1275Mobile Products Support toll-free number: 866-306-5311International callers can dial: 512-434-1542
    Billing Customer Support Hours:Monday - Sunday: 9am - 6pm ET

Customer Support Hours:Monday - Sunday: 9am - 6pm ET

Or by E-mail: Contact Us | MLB.com: Help
    03-09-13 06:08 AM
    Well this news stinks. I'm hoping it will be like last year where it took them a little while longer to come out with the BB app. I sent them an email and I hope they decide to develop an app for BBOS and BB10. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    03-09-13 06:41 AM
    That blows. I guess I will save $15. I used this app religiously the past few years. Nothing like listening to a Yankees game on the deck with a cold one after a long days work. Could actually be a blessing this year. Yanks aren't looking too at the moment! Maybe I'll have a bb 10 by the start of regular season. Cmon att! Does mlb plan on supporting bb 10?
    03-09-13 06:51 AM
    You already posted this in another forum and I replied to that. Your wrong crackberry already did an post saying they're are making a BlackBerry 10 app! The blue Jays have came out and said one will be available in april. Just relax! Wait until the regular season starts! The phone hasn't even been reaseaed in US yet!
    http://m.crackberry.com/mlbcom-bat-h...10-opening-day

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 07:38 AM
    Over the last 2 years, At Bat app for BBOS devices has come at the last minute, I think last year even a few games into the season. There is another post somewhere in the forums where MLB confirmed support for BB10 for the app - and I am still going to keep a positive attitude that unlike the legacy support the BB10 app will support video and what has been a little more positive than previous is the NHL who has pretty much avoided BB the last few years, came out with BB10 support for GameCenter with video support. If the NHL can do it MLB should be able to do it easily as well.

I know they don't make it easy for we the BB faithful - but I am hoping once BB10 launches and if it has the video capability - that it will be carried forward from there.

We live in hope here at CrackBerry.
    habs_fan likes this.
    03-09-13 09:25 AM
    You already posted this in another forum and I replied to that. Your wrong crackberry already did an post saying they're are making a BlackBerry 10 app! The blue Jays have came out and said one will be available in april. Just relax! Wait until the regular season starts! The phone hasn't even been reaseaed in US yet!
    http://m.crackberry.com/mlbcom-bat-h...10-opening-day

Posted via CB10
    OP is referring to non 10 devices. There will be a 10 app, but there has been no mention of bbos. And I mean NO mention, positive or negative. I am still of the belief that they will release for bbos simply because of the large amount of revenue this app provides.
    03-09-13 11:35 AM
    OP is referring to non 10 devices. There will be a 10 app, but there has been no mention of bbos. And I mean NO mention, positive or negative. I am still of the belief that they will release for bbos simply because of the large amount of revenue this app provides.
    You sure, because he posted the exact same post in the Z10 forms
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=779921

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 11:50 AM
    Well the title does say legacy
    03-09-13 03:20 PM
    Well the title does say legacy
    Touche you won this round

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by habs_fan; 03-11-13 at 07:12 PM.
    03-09-13 03:25 PM
    I spoke to MLB.com today. As with every time there is a problem, they try to pass the buck to someone else. Today they said BB made the decision not to have a 2013 app because not enough money was being made off of BB owners. I asked why a new app was needed, since my 2012 was working fine last season, but they claimed an update was required every year.

I'd be interested in knowing if those of you who called them received the same message as I did.
    03-11-13 06:49 PM
    Thanks. I hope, too. See my post, below, about the blame-shifting from MLB.com to BB.
    03-11-13 06:51 PM
    I fail to see what say BlackBerry has regarding what apps MLB does and doesn't release. I suspect you got a csr just saying whatever came to mind.
    03-11-13 11:28 PM
    I spoke to MLB.com today. As with every time there is a problem, they try to pass the buck to someone else. Today they said BB made the decision not to have a 2013 app because not enough money was being made off of BB owners. I asked why a new app was needed, since my 2012 was working fine last season, but they claimed an update was required every year.

I'd be interested in knowing if those of you who called them received the same message as I did.
    I can tell you the Android app is updated and has new graphic and other functionality. I don't know if the new features would make the older versions harder to support or not, but they are true that each year they change the apps quite a bit
    03-12-13 08:04 PM
    Not for blackberry. The 2012 was the same as 2011. There will be no At Bat for legacy devices this year.
    03-12-13 08:20 PM
    Who needs a app when the z10 can play directly from mlb.com

http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/flash/medi...teId=&team=mlb

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 03:11 PM
    Who needs a app when the z10 can play directly from mlb.com

MLB.com: Media Player

Posted via CB10
    Rather than assume you either don't know how to read, or were too lazy to read beyond the first few words, I will take it that you do not understand the term 'Legacy Devices' . This refers to older devices. In this particular case, older BB devices running OS 7.1,7.0, 6.0, 5.0 etc. These devices do not have flash capability, and the loss of apps like NHL, NBA, and now MLB is actually upsetting for the millions of BB users who were not and are not yet capable of purchasing a Z-10.
    03-14-13 03:38 PM
    That blows. I guess I will save $15. I used this app religiously the past few years. Nothing like listening to a Yankees game on the deck with a cold one after a long days work. Could actually be a blessing this year. Yanks aren't looking too at the moment! Maybe I'll have a bb 10 by the start of regular season. Cmon att! Does mlb plan on supporting bb 10?
    You could not possibly be upset about how the Yankees look this year. They are as perennial as the grass. My Mets will struggle to not be eliminated on opening day.
    03-14-13 03:41 PM
    You could not possibly be upset about how the Yankees look this year. They are as perennial as the grass. My Mets will struggle to not be eliminated on opening day.
    ha. they may be as perennial as the grass but they are also as old as dirt! either way I will be listening to the games this year. I preordered my z10 on tuesday. looks like I will drop 20 down on the mlb 2013 app. looks like the price went up from last year? I feel bad for the legacy owners who will not be able to purchase this app this year. I always purchased it and got great use out of it. I know in the past mlb literally released the app at the last possible minute.

as for your mets..... I think they might surprise some people this year. I am rooting for david wright tonight. he is having one **** of a wbc performance!
    03-14-13 04:28 PM
    Lol Yankees were brutal against the jays today. 17-5. We got 9 runs in the first inning alone.
    03-14-13 06:46 PM
    Good, I hope everyone stops making stuff for anything not BB10. I want them to just fade away and be nothing more then a memory.
    03-15-13 03:55 PM
    Blackberry just keeps making my decision in June to go either iPhone or Android easier and easier. The two apps that I want to use (I Heart Radio and MLB At-Bat) aren't available on the phone that I have that is the latest generation available in the US. Pathetic.
    03-19-13 01:05 PM
    Blackberry just keeps making my decision in June to go either iPhone or Android easier and easier. The two apps that I want to use (I Heart Radio and MLB At-Bat) aren't available on the phone that I have that is the latest generation available in the US. Pathetic.
    It is the least covered story or a completely ignored story among all the Blackberry Enthusiast sites (at least the sites written in English) the absence and growing application chasm. I realize many folks are excited about all the top apps coming to BB10, but right now and likely for the remainder of the this year there will be less than 2M BB users that have access to those programs. The vast majority of BB users are on legacy devices.

Those who think that legacy device support should die out, are in my very humble opinion quite ignorant. What BB lost most over the last 3 years was consumer goodwill and confidence. Telling 90% of BB's user base that their devices are now throw away, will result in many folks fleeing the platform for cheaper alternatives that are just as powerful and useful.

Keep in mind, that most Enterprise users are not even able to switch yet, and will be unable to do so for at least another 60 days. The HAE has not been released by BBRY (April?) yet. So it has not been tested or rolled out for large enterprises. And many corps may just decide to only keep the legacy BES alongside MDM for Iphone and/or Android. I know 3 firms who have decided exactly that for the time being (IOS & BB).

BBRY would do well not to push them to an entirely foreign platform. Especially when legacy devices can not really compete with the abilities of other platforms, and it has become increasingly difficult to get users to switch once fully embedded in a platform.
    03-19-13 01:33 PM