So last night I was going through my time line and noticed one of the guys I follow who is a DJ on Flow93.5. His post goes as follows:

"How does my iPhone battery go from 10% right down to zero? #iPhoneProblems"

So as a reply I said to him that its been a known fact that iOS 6.1.2 has been having a lot of issues and battery was one of them. Kindly said he should drop his iPhone and go back to BB and Z10. As expected his response was **** NO lol. (Given..expected it)

But then so some of his followers started to respond as well to and stated that emphasis on the **** NO because Blackberry sucks.

Intrigued, I played along and asked why and was looking forward to a healthy debate with facts and proof, etc etc.

So the first response I get was: Blackberries are crap! I suffered with the freezing and constant updates for 3 years! Never going back lol. So my rebuttal was you used BB5/6/7, BB10 is brand new and its like comparing a snail to a porsche. (Im sure this was a great comparison)

So the next response (i almost fell on the floor laughing at this) - "Its just a bootleg version of an iPhone in every way except its a crapberry lol eventually you'll be experiencing the same problems. So my next rebuttal was now you are just being silly comparing iOS to BB10 is like comparing a tree stump to a porsche. I asked if this person even tried the new Z10. response: I have tried the new one out! I dont like it at all. Curious to why this was I asked the person for reasons and facts to why they dont like the new one. Was it the phone itself? Was it the supposed learning curve (which is ridiculous - how hard is it to learn to swipe up/down/left/right?)

I waited and waited and waited no response.

Low and behold 6 hours later I get a response: Blackberries arent good phones. They are good at first but after 6-13months they start to give major problems. Thanks but no thanks. I didnt know this person has forseen the future that BB10 will crap out 6-13 months after using.

So the moral of this post is, Apple fans are never going to give a proper argument to why the iPhone is better than the Z10. As well old BB5/6/7 OS's have seriously scarred some people in regards to believing in BB again.

Have any of you come across this sort of situation? talking to a brick wall and a response of.. its bad because its bad or my iphone is better just because!!!

AIYA!!!!!
    03-08-13 10:57 PM
    wasabigt wrote: "Apple fans are never going to give a proper argument to why the iPhone is better than the Z10."

Most of them say its because of the apps.
    03-08-13 11:10 PM
    And my usual answer to that is apps is not a make or break feature of a phone. if so then Apple and Android would have never gotten this far because the apps werent there when they were first released.

which apps are missing? Instagram. Got that on my Z10. Whatsapp? Got that too, Native one coming out next week. What else? LinkedIn? Foursquare? Pinterest? Spotcast? Keek? Youtube?? Google Maps? I have all those on my Z10. Angry Birds? Yup got that one too...

Takes time to get them over to a brand new OS. so if apps are a big issue then none of these phones would have taken off the first year they were released.

m00t argument.

wasabigt wrote: "Apple fans are never going to give a proper argument to why the iPhone is better than the Z10."

Most of them say its because of the apps.
    03-08-13 11:15 PM
    IPhones are girly
    03-08-13 11:33 PM
    Most people who switched over to iPhone will defend it to justify their switch and being locked into a contract. Until they are eligible for an upgrade they will defend their choice with no real argument. I

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 11:38 PM
    I have these very same convos daily. Since I've had pretty much every iPhone and a few droids sgn2, gs3 I have a pretty good idea when it comes to comparisons. When it comes down to it. End of the day I prefer my z10 and no one can win a debate against me. Too many pros when it comes to the z10
    Led
    Removable battety
    Removable storage
    Flash
    Not tied to iTunes

Just to name a few.

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple and der_mit like this.
    03-08-13 11:42 PM
    don't feed the trolls lol

Posted via CB10
    torpesco likes this.
    03-08-13 11:45 PM
    And my usual answer to that is apps is not a make or break feature of a phone. if so then Apple and Android would have never gotten this far because the apps werent there when they were first released.
    Apps weren't that important few yrs back when smartphone started to get popular. But rim totally missed and fell behind on improving its products and following the trend, causing android and ios became popular without many apps.

Many apps have been developed for the above 2 platforms, while BlackBerry apps remained sluggish and buggy on legacy OS, apps are one of the deal breakers to many users nowadays.

Although blackberry has done good job lately, the possibility of gaining market share is still unknown. As op's mentioned, there are far too many fanboys who don't like to change and defend its toys even they're inferior. BlackBerry has to keep up the good work and effort to remain competitive.

Posted via CB10
    rnhld and Ketchup BB10 like this.
    03-08-13 11:48 PM
    Apps weren't that important few yrs back when smartphone started to get popular. But rim totally missed and fell behind on improving its products and following the trend, causing android and ios became popular without many apps.

Many apps have been developed for the above 2 platforms, while BlackBerry apps remained sluggish and buggy on legacy OS, apps are one of the deal breakers to many users nowadays.

Although blackberry has done good job lately, the possibility of gaining market share is still unknown. As op's mentioned, there are far too many fanboys who don't like to change and defend its toys even they're inferior. BlackBerry has to keep up the good work and effort to remain competitive.

Posted via CB10
    So what you are saying, is that back when browsers sucked, we needed apps less? I don't follow.
    03-08-13 11:52 PM
    So what you are saying, is that back when browsers sucked, we needed apps less? I don't follow.
    Who cares, the apps will come. New apps pop up daily and already Downloaded apps receive updates daily. It's actually pretty fun to be a part of the growing OS.

People new to calm down about these apps lol

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 11:55 PM
    BB10 is only out for a little over a month so give it some time and apps will come

Patience is the key
    03-08-13 11:56 PM
    Iphone is for chimps. Lol. Yes it's easy to use, but not customizable and you can only use apple stuff. No mini usb or hdmi. Cultish. Lol

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    03-09-13 12:03 AM
    you think twitter is bad, read engadget and you will see much worse by people who like to call themselves journalists.
    03-09-13 12:42 AM
    I've had very similar experiences many times over. Funniest part about it all is, its usually iphone enthusiast that bring up the comparison "debate". If i tweet anything about BlackBerry or the z10 i get hit with "whats so special about blackberry that makes you not want an iPhone?". I usually mention 2 or 3 things that i personally think will are cool z10 features and i'm met with "thats sounds cool but i bet iphone comes out with an app that lets it do the same thing soon....plus its still a whack berry"....
    wasabiGT likes this.
    03-09-13 12:46 AM
    Well, besides using mobiles since the Ericsson GH172 (yes, in 1992) which cost a bomb back then... I am using an iPhone (company issue) and of course the Z10 as my private phone. So whenever I am asked (and that happens a lot) how I like the Z10, I show them quickly as few gestures, and then let them play with the phone themselves. Usually they are quite impressed. rocking my iphone as well gives me additional credibility as I am obviously "one of them" too ;-)

If you don't have the chance to show it off in person, don't get into fights: My mobile is better than yours. That way you will convince nobody as it gets emotional, you get people to defend their investments etc. The best working lines are: iPhone, yeah, it's a great phone, I really like it, amazing device. Before the Z10 came out I used it too, but I was bored of it and the Z10 is so new and fresh, elegant and fast. *enter anything you want why you LIKE the Z10 and nothing about why the iPhone sucks* stay positive the whole time. THIS makes people think and not get defensive.

It's too childish to compare specs, compare use cases. How fast can you do a task that you do many times a day, whatever that is, updating Facebook or tweeting of writing an email, making a phone call, whatever. Then you are really comparing. Does you phone help you get **** done. ;-)
    03-09-13 01:06 AM
    yup, Ive read them all. During the day I work for a cell phone company and i always surf the web for news about phone and phone releases and reviews. Some of the "Journalists" and "Tech Experts" have no other opinion other than Blackberry will not survive. IPhone this...IPhone that. Its bad now a days that the reviews are so biased and one sided. Ive used every phone and OS out there in the market and for my personal needs the Z10 is winning!!

you think twitter is bad, read engadget and you will see much worse by people who like to call themselves journalists.
    03-09-13 01:40 AM
    I find debates about phones with iphone users almost always turns in to mud slinging. It's like they put subliminal messages in itunes tracks!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 01:44 AM
    What I should really do is carry around all my phones. I have a 4S and a 5. the Z10, unfortunately I recently sold my S3. Im going to a Xperia ZL launch training in a week and if I win one, I ll for sure be carrying that around with me as well. Show everyone what the phones are about and how they work with a hands on approach. This is what I do at work. Because we do not have a working demo of the Z10, I usually show people my phone and let them play around with it. It does win a lot of people over when they see how it works and how it flows.

Well, besides using mobiles since the Ericsson GH172 (yes, in 1992) which cost a bomb back then... I am using an iPhone (company issue) and of course the Z10 as my private phone. So whenever I am asked (and that happens a lot) how I like the Z10, I show them quickly as few gestures, and then let them play with the phone themselves. Usually they are quite impressed. rocking my iphone as well gives me additional credibility as I am obviously "one of them" too ;-)

If you don't have the chance to show it off in person, don't get into fights: My mobile is better than yours. That way you will convince nobody as it gets emotional, you get people to defend their investments etc. The best working lines are: iPhone, yeah, it's a great phone, I really like it, amazing device. Before the Z10 came out I used it too, but I was bored of it and the Z10 is so new and fresh, elegant and fast. *enter anything you want why you LIKE the Z10 and nothing about why the iPhone sucks* stay positive the whole time. THIS makes people think and not get defensive.

It's too childish to compare specs, compare use cases. How fast can you do a task that you do many times a day, whatever that is, updating Facebook or tweeting of writing an email, making a phone call, whatever. Then you are really comparing. Does you phone help you get **** done. ;-)
    koolpep and coldsword like this.
    03-09-13 01:44 AM
    So last night I was going through my time line and noticed one of the guys I follow who is a DJ on Flow93.5. His post goes as follows:

"How does my iPhone battery go from 10% right down to zero? #iPhoneProblems"

So as a reply I said to him that its been a known fact that iOS 6.1.2 has been having a lot of issues and battery was one of them. Kindly said he should drop his iPhone and go back to BB and Z10. As expected his response was **** NO lol. (Given..expected it)

But then so some of his followers started to respond as well to and stated that emphasis on the **** NO because Blackberry sucks.

Intrigued, I played along and asked why and was looking forward to a healthy debate with facts and proof, etc etc.

So the first response I get was: Blackberries are crap! I suffered with the freezing and constant updates for 3 years! Never going back lol. So my rebuttal was you used BB5/6/7, BB10 is brand new and its like comparing a snail to a porsche. (Im sure this was a great comparison)

So the next response (i almost fell on the floor laughing at this) - "Its just a bootleg version of an iPhone in every way except its a crapberry lol eventually you'll be experiencing the same problems. So my next rebuttal was now you are just being silly comparing iOS to BB10 is like comparing a tree stump to a porsche. I asked if this person even tried the new Z10. response: I have tried the new one out! I dont like it at all. Curious to why this was I asked the person for reasons and facts to why they dont like the new one. Was it the phone itself? Was it the supposed learning curve (which is ridiculous - how hard is it to learn to swipe up/down/left/right?)

I waited and waited and waited no response.

Low and behold 6 hours later I get a response: Blackberries arent good phones. They are good at first but after 6-13months they start to give major problems. Thanks but no thanks. I didnt know this person has forseen the future that BB10 will crap out 6-13 months after using.

So the moral of this post is, Apple fans are never going to give a proper argument to why the iPhone is better than the Z10. As well old BB5/6/7 OS's have seriously scarred some people in regards to believing in BB again.

Have any of you come across this sort of situation? talking to a brick wall and a response of.. its bad because its bad or my iphone is better just because!!!

AIYA!!!!!

I've seen well over 10 close friends with Em already.
    03-09-13 02:05 AM
    Lol I can Id with the OP on this one when I first posted getting my z10 I had a friend write a comment referring me to the CNET article. I just laughed and asked him how you manage to get a worse score on the old OS that was still rated a better battery and is removable. I also showed him links to all Telus, Rogers reviews compared to the iphone. Some people will just never listen to logic.

CB10- z10
    03-09-13 04:01 AM
    Hilarious quote, had to share 'arguing with an ifan or an android fan is like trying to play chess with a pigeon.no matter how good you are at chess, the pigeon will knock over the pieces, crap all over the? board and then strut around like it's victorious'

But seriously, most non BlackBerry users get defensive when the BlackBerry gets brought up in conversation. How could a phone that's dead be such a threat? Lol

Also a lot of early indicators show that a lot of new Z10 owners actually left IOS and Android.

I have to laugh when I see any articles regarding Android security and an attempt at Enterprise. Not many Android users have a response when I bring up the virus that not only steals info from your droid bit also from your computer when the droid is plugged in. In some cases even going as far to use the computers built in mic to eavesdrop.

Android --- No thanks
    Iphone --- Thanks but no thanks

Posted via CB10
    bermont and R Field like this.
    03-09-13 07:33 AM
    I don't think anyone sees the Z10 as a threat. I think there is a lot of ignorance about Blackberry 10 and what it can do. I don't like these shootouts between or among smartphones. If you like the Z10, God bless you. If you prefer the iPhone, why not? It has superior build quality. It has iTunes. It has apps for the app obsessed. Nothing wrong with iPhones and there is absolutely nothing wrong with Android, which I prefer to IOS. Hey, that's me. Somebody said the iPhone is "girly". Really? Girly! Give me a break please. The little Z10 is just as dainty. Don't give me it's a man's phone. A man's phone is one of those walky talkie Mike phones they use in construction. That my friend is a man's phone.
    03-09-13 08:35 AM
    BB10 > android > windows phone > iPhone.

Just keep recommending it. Eventually iPhone users will realize that the iPhone coolness factor was lost a long time ago.

Right now, all the popular apps need to cone over to the platform. They will

What we really need is something differentiated, built on the platform, that is not easy to replicate on another platform. Not sure what that is. But, I am sure that as developers get to understand qnx better, great ideas will come.

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    03-09-13 08:47 AM
    The Z10 is first generation QNX software phone. And with the comes growing pains. There will be lots of updates early on as features and improvements are added. I make no mistake that it is a long road ahead. But someone please show me a first generation smartphone that was this solid out of the gate.

Android phone looks nice and will appeal to many. However, it's security is consistently compromised. This I cannot accept.

BlackBerry did what it needed to do in order to be competitive which is the purchase and transition to QNX software.

Bottom line is people get bored. IOS looks the same now as it did 6 years ago. Phone is nice. It's users are willing to accept bugs and glitches that they would quickly ridicule on another smartphone.

To each their own by I stand by BB10. And I look forward to each update/improvement

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 08:50 AM
    don't feed the trolls lol

Posted via CB10
    You are right - there is plenty of trolling in this thread. You have people calling iPhone users sheep, you have a poster that calls men that use iPhones girly. That is trolling and really shouldn't be tolerated - a few iPhone users are sheepish fanboys - same with a few Android/Blackberry/Windows Phone users.

I agree with the OP - don't bother with this DJ. His tune about Blackberry wont change until Blackberry 10 phones have been out for over a year and don't have any major problems.
    03-09-13 08:52 AM
43 12