Hello,

I have about 2.500 songs in my music library (iTunes). When I’m syncing my Z10 with BlackBerry Link it takes ages (6–7 hours) till it is done. I tried it with USB connected and WiFi, but it doesn’t make any difference

At all, BlackBerry Link isn’t even beta software (I can only tell about the Mac version). I have to mark all titles, press the right mouse button and Sync with BlackBerry (2639 elements).

Does BlackBerry Link work better on Windows 7?

Kind regards
    Ren�
    03-08-13 09:14 AM
    What class memory card are you using. Anything less than probably a class two and it will take forever. I have a 32 g class 4 and it takes a good hour or two to sync my music. I only have maybe 5 gs of music. My class 2 memory card is only a 16g and it takes like 15-20 minutes to sync the same files. So change up your memory card to the faster class one

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 09:16 AM
    Easier to just drag and drop in the SD card and put that back in your phone.

Posted via CB10
    reneSc likes this.
    03-08-13 09:17 AM
    I downloaded about177songs from my wife's iTunes on our pc in matter of seconds but we are powered by high internet cable and W7

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 09:17 AM
    It’s a Class 4 card with 32GB from Kingston.

Easier to just drag and drop in the SD card and put that back in your phone.
    Posted via CB10
    That’s a good idea! Thanks!
    03-08-13 09:55 AM
    I am a mac user and I found that transfer from Mac is very very slow for some reason, install windows in a virtual machine and transfer same songs through windows and it will be way faster.

So yes it is a mac thing and transfer on windows 7 is way faster.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 10:24 AM
    I am a mac user and I found that transfer from Mac is very very slow for some reason, install windows in a virtual machine and transfer same songs through windows and it will be way faster.

So yes it is a mac thing and transfer on windows 7 is way faster.

Posted via CB10
    I put the Micro SD card from my BlackBerry into an adapter and connected it directly to my iMac. It took about 20 minutes to copy all songs to the SD card. It really seems, that BlackBerry Link is the problem.
    03-08-13 01:07 PM
    What class memory card are you using. Anything less than probably a class two and it will take forever. I have a 32 g class 4 and it takes a good hour or two to sync my music. I only have maybe 5 gs of music. My class 2 memory card is only a 16g and it takes like 15-20 minutes to sync the same files. So change up your memory card to the faster class one
    Even a class 0.5 should sync faster than hours... I experience the same issue ... (from Mac), and 15GB of music takes many hours to sync - if it sync at all... Most of the time the phone disconnects from BBLink (USB) - and reconnects - and disconnects etc... WiFi sync seems to work better - and use similar time to sync.

Using the same SD card directly in a USB adapter gets the job done in 10-15 minutes

Just tested with latest BB Link on Windows 8, similar issues.... something not working as it should...

Perhaps it's the combination of BB10 version and BBLink version....

Hope things will sort themselves out over the next weeks...
    03-08-13 01:35 PM
    I have the same problem...only my SD card is too small (only 4GB) so I was trying to add video to my internal memory instead so I have some movies when I am on the road this week. Painfully slow to sync movies with BB Link on Windows 8.
    04-23-13 10:00 PM
    Yeah same. I found the micro sd card adapter and sending it to the card is much faster and more efficient

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 10:06 PM
    I'm finding this out right now. I only wanted to quickly sync 10 songs from my Mac. About 20 minutes so far. Something must lock up the process.

I think this thread should be moved to another part of the forum: I have a Q10. This seems to be a Mac Blackberry Link problem rather than a handset problem.
    08-04-13 02:37 PM
    I gave up on using link. I just mount my SD card and copy the music over.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 02:50 PM
    Then a 10.1.4181 update installed, and now the sync takes as long as I might expect.
    08-04-13 02:51 PM