Hey there!
    I have had my Z-10 for about 3 weeks now. I am really happy.

But today something new started happening. When I send messages with attachments they won't send. Beside them they have a do not enter sign. Any thoughts?
    This only happens when I send messages with attachments.
    Scrogy
    03-06-13 06:57 PM
    That's an error message that the message didn't send. Open the message and press the resend button.
    03-06-13 06:59 PM
    means something is wrong with the mail server. try editing your mail account. it will show you error if there is one.
    03-06-13 06:59 PM
    It usually is just a temporary mail server issue or your BlackBerry is out of network. A retry later will fix it.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 07:01 PM
    Has anyone had any success with this?

For some reason no matter what port I try or settings I can't get it to work.

If I use gmail or hotmail it works fine as soon as I use an imap e-mail address and try to send an e-mail with attachment it comes back with protocol layer was unable to send a message

However normal plain text emails work fine.
    03-10-13 11:46 AM
    Hi Everyone,

I have the same issue. My issue is whether the attachment is large or if the body of the email is just large (long email train). The Z10 will not send it out. It will initially try and then you get the do not enter sign by your email. This is only the case for EAS to my exchange server and not my pop accounts.

I am way under the message size limits on my exchange account and can send the same email through my web or outlook client.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Phi
    04-16-13 10:59 AM
    I have had my Z10 since Candian release and have seen this a couple of times.
    Most recently, I could receive email, but could not send.
    Most times the problem resolves itself by:
    - confirming password
    - restart
    - resolves over time on its own

Not sure what is happening, or why, but it is frustrating when it does occur. Good news is, it eventually resolves itself, and does not last long (maybe an hour or so).
    04-16-13 11:22 AM
    I have purchased a New Blackberry Z10 just one month back & started my headache.
    My IT person set up all the Outlook POP settings for the BB Z10 device. Now I receive work email, BBM & other services but when I try to send mails ; I get an error "Protocol Layer was unable to send message"
    I asked help for my Carrier AIRTEL( Blackberry) INDIA. I personally spend 8-8 hours continuously two days aith AIRTEL BLACKBERRY as well as BLACKBERRY SERVICE CENTER to solve the issue but its really useless & unsupported. also doing regular follow-up with Blackberry Asia Pacific Support Center. Everybody is reverting like Football. Even my IT guys are stumped for such stupid service for blackberry.

I am user of blackberry since a last two years with the same carrier with other devices but after 30 Days problem is still unsolved.

How can Blackberry is such a irresponsible ??

Anyone have any advice where should I write so my problem can solve ?
    04-22-13 12:43 AM
    As everyone probably knows there is an error with some POP3 accounts whereby you cannot send (and/or receive, in some cases). Mine has been very hit or miss, but BBerry is aware of the issue. I have temporarily resorted to using K9 (from the app site) which works perfectly. Notifications appear on the Hub but the application itself will not.
    04-22-13 01:59 AM
    I have had my Z10 since Candian release and have seen this a couple of times.
    Most recently, I could receive email, but could not send.
    Most times the problem resolves itself by:
    - confirming password
    - restart
    - resolves over time on its own

Not sure what is happening, or why, but it is frustrating when it does occur. Good news is, it eventually resolves itself, and does not last long (maybe an hour or so).
    I am not so lucky as you are. I have reset, restarted, battery pull, re-established by email account with exchange, but this is consistently failing. Again, this is only with my Exchange account using Active Sync and it is not a permissions issue with my exchange account as I can send the exact same file through outlook or OWA.

My guess is that there is a problem with Active Sync on the BB10.
    04-23-13 08:31 AM
    I send messages with attachments.
    04-23-13 08:36 AM