Hi all I was wondering if I could downgrade my firmware back to the original so that I can update it again as I think I got a bad update I've tried doing wipe after wipe the issues I'm having on this update is lower battery life icons going blank and newsstand not working correctly I've lost roughly 3-4 hrs battery life since update and am very jealous of everybody's brilliant new extended battery life look forward to your comments

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 12:03 PM
    03-06-13 12:09 PM
    I've just noticed it thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 12:24 PM
    Just take the battery out for 10 minutes and then put it back in. 99% of the time, what you are trying to do will make things worst.
    03-06-13 12:32 PM
    What does leaving the battery out for 10 minutes do please

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 12:36 PM
    You cane remove newsstand from my blackberry world then update the device and it will install new copy.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 12:41 PM
    You cane remove newsstand from my blackberry world then update the device and it will install new copy.

Posted via CB10
    The OP wanted to downgrade the whole OS
    03-06-13 12:46 PM
    What does leaving the battery out for 10 minutes do please

Posted via CB10
    Most of the time, the problems are resolved by fully shutting down the phone, clearly browser cache, turn on/off adobe flash, turn on/off wifi router. It's a version 1.0 product, it's going to have bugs in software like the newsstand app --- re-installing the whole OS isn't going to solve any bugs. You are just imagining that re-installing the whole OS --- which you don't know how to do --- is going to solve all your problems.

Most of the time --- when people complained about their browsers crashing on the Playbook and they re-installed the whole OS to clear the problem --- and it worked. All they did was to clear a simple corrupted browser cache. They could have just cleared the browser cache without wiping their playbook.

All you are going to do is cause more problems --- and chances are your next post would be that you attempted to re-install the OS and it wouldn't even boot now.

You should note that the people who have thousands of posts under their belt in BOTH threads (including the thread that Dougielas cited) thinks that the "solutions" posted by newbies are just stupid.
    Last edited by samab; 03-06-13 at 01:19 PM.
    03-06-13 01:08 PM
    Why's it stupid worse battery life after update when everyone is having better battery life there are such things as a corrupt update I've been into this game a very long time and don't come on here pulling the post to bits when it's a legitimate question wind your neck in

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 01:33 PM
    The OP wanted to downgrade the whole OS
    Correct but one of his concerns was about newsstand not working, I was offering a potential solution (for newsstand issue)

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 02:01 PM
    Correct but one of his concerns was about newsstand not working, I was offering a potential solution (for newsstand issue)

Posted via CB10
    If I delete newsstand will I get a new update through the phone

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 02:07 PM
    Why's it stupid worse battery life after update when everyone is having better battery life there are such things as a corrupt update I've been into this game a very long time and don't come on here pulling the post to bits when it's a legitimate question wind your neck in

Posted via CB10
    In terms of probability, chances are extremely low that what is causing your battery life problems have anything to do with a corrupt update. If it is a corrupt update, then it probably won't even boot up.

Chances are that end-user using incorrect settings are going to cause more problems.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-life-778980/

If you have been into this game for a long time, then listen to the people who have thousands of posts. Or you can follow posters who just joined the forum last month and has tens of posts under their belt.
    03-06-13 02:17 PM
    Why's it always about the post count read my first post battery life worse after update I do actually have a brain I now you can have a bad update too so please comment with proper answers rather than been pedantic

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 02:23 PM
    If I delete newsstand will I get a new update through the phone

Posted via CB10
    How would he know? He just joined the forum this week, has 3 posts under his belt (and 2 of the posts come from this thread) and probably never tried to delete the app himself.

It is the blind leading the blind. This is like plane crashes --- it is almost always pilot error.
    03-06-13 02:24 PM
    How would he know? He just joined the forum this week, has 3 posts under his belt (and 2 of the posts come from this thread) and probably never tried to delete the app himself.

It is the blind leading the blind. This is like plane crashes --- it is almost always pilot error.
    You guys need to relax on the post counts & such. Making all of you look bad & does not even help the OP or anything. Get back on the topic or do not post. Anyone can post & even if they are wrong, so be it. Do not come on here saying all this crap.

Just saying because no need for stupid drama like this.
    bb10abuser and Dale Lindley like this.
    03-06-13 03:59 PM

Shouldn't make statements based on assumptions. I am new on CB but not new to BB and BB10

Fact: Uninstall Newsstand from My World then check for software update and your device will pull down Newsstand again and reinstall it, same true for carrier installed apps. It's just a way to see if reinstalling newsstand fixes the issue with Newstand for the OP.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 05:18 PM
    Thanks for your reply its nice to actually get advice rather than slated just for asking a legitimate question by the way loving the BlackBerry z10 my first BlackBerry always was against them for no reason really but I'm fully behind them now keep it coming BlackBerry best phone bar none for my needs

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 05:29 PM