Please recommend some apps for Z10:

For EBook Reader:
    Kindle (sideloaded, works fine). But are there any other option? Something that can read/render .mobi as well as other popular formats like .epub, .pdf?

Stocks:
    Can you recommend some apps for keeping track of stocks? Native will be great, but any good (working) Android-sideload will do too.

Crossplatform messaging:
    I think I'll just install OpenWhatsApp as native WhatsApp is not yet unavailable. But do you've any other recommendations? Something that is cross-platform and ALREADY popular on other platforms so I don't have to ask everyone to install it.

Media:
    Does sideloaded YouTube app work?

Other apps:
    What about sideloaded versions of:
    - Poynt
    - StarBucks

Maps/Transit:
    - Google Maps (sideload) - does it work?
    - Any app for transit direction? Toronto Transit, GO transit etc.?
    - For turn-by-turn navigation, BlackBerry's own stock BB Maps app works fine. But are there any other free alternatives? Paid?

EDIT: This thread should be moved to BlackBerry 10 Apps. Sorry, I didn't see that sub-forum earlier.
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 03-05-13 at 11:35 AM.
    03-05-13 11:24 AM
    Interested in all of those +

RSS Reader (preferrably free!)

So I'll be following this thread, thanks!
    03-05-13 11:29 AM
    Stocks:
    This one is pretty good. Can use more eye candy imo.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20081905

YouTube:
    The stock one is just a launcher to the mobile site. But the browser works extremely well.

Transit:
    TTC have an bus app that have good rating.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    03-05-13 11:37 AM
    Stocks:
    This one is pretty good. Can use more eye candy imo.
    BlackBerry World - Stocks for BlackBerry 10

YouTube:
    The stock one is just a launcher to the mobile site. But the browser works extremely well.

Transit:
    TTC have an bus app that have good rating.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    Thanks. I'll try that app. About YouTube, I know the browser works fine but wondering if Android sideload app also works or not?
    Transit - I guess Google Maps does provide public transit directions and it can be sideloaded so that's okay. But I still need GO TRANSIT app and in other forum, somebody posted that Android-sideload of GO Transit doesn't work on Z10
    03-05-13 01:48 PM
    Thanks. I'll try that app. About YouTube, I know the browser works fine but wondering if Android sideload app also works or not?
    Transit - I guess Google Maps does provide public transit directions and it can be sideloaded so that's okay. But I still need GO TRANSIT app and in other forum, somebody posted that Android-sideload of GO Transit doesn't work on Z10
    I would also love to have Go Transit, I have emailed them many times and also Tweeted about it they said they have no plans right now but will keep an eye on the need for one.
    03-05-13 02:39 PM
    • Kindle is working well for me. Has anyone tried Moonreader?
    • Poynt is working for me too.
    • Google Maps is working for me too. But I seem to have installed two versions Google Maps. One icon just says "Maps" and the other icon says "Navi". Does anybody know which one is supposed to be actual Google Maps? Which one is newer/current?

Couldn't find anything fast for stocks. I sideloaded Bloomberg for stocks but it's not as fast/responsive. Wish there was some native.app for it. I mean, it works alright, but I feel like the app is slightly less responsive in comparison to other apps I have.

Go Transit - couldn't find anything for it. Wish they had created an HTML5/mobile browser version so I could have just gone to the site.
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 03-06-13 at 09:30 AM.
    03-06-13 09:15 AM
    For transit app use next bus www.nextbus.com. It's a mobile Web site. It'll use your gps location. You may have to fiddle with it to get it working properly. But once it's working its pure gold.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 02:25 AM