Just wondering, for you guys who have got the z10, how are you doing without whatsapp? Cos i use whatsapp quite abit to organise events and meetings with friends..
    How do you maintain contact with friends, especially whatsapp groups??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    03-05-13 08:52 AM
    I use the Android version that I have sideloaded.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5742598) likes this.
    03-05-13 08:54 AM
    You can side load it as was said or ask for the open source version. Check the Andriod side load forum on Crackberry I have the bar file from goodereader at the moment.

CB10- z10
    03-05-13 11:40 AM
    Have to make do with the Android version until they release the official version.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 11:53 AM
    So far I refuse to sideload anything, worrying about stability on my Z10 with sideloaded apps.
    I've kept my Android phone for communication, so use it on wifi when I'm home to keep in touch with people.
    03-05-13 12:00 PM
    on that topic, I side loaded 4 pics 1 word, tweetcaster, scope, Instagram, whatsapp..
    no issue at all with phone stability
    So far I refuse to sideload anything, worrying about stability on my Z10 with sideloaded apps.
    I've kept my Android phone for communication, so use it on wifi when I'm home to keep in touch with people.
    03-05-13 12:03 PM
    on that topic, I side loaded 4 pics 1 word, tweetcaster, scope, Instagram, whatsapp..
    no issue at all with phone stability
    Sideloaded:
    WhatsApp
    Instagram
    Flipboard
    Google Maps
    eBay
    OnStar RemoteLink

All working great, no issues...so I'm not missing out on anything.
    03-05-13 12:09 PM
    Side loading is great but it does the people that are traveling and don't have access to a computer. The only things I have with me are my Z10 and iPad... So side loading can't be done.

Sort of hoping for something from WhatsApp very soon.

CW
    03-05-13 12:20 PM
    Sounds like some people haven't had issues with sideloading, but there's loads of people who have, I'll wait for a seamless experience and properly released apps, I don't want to have random reboots some people are having, if I wanted to be hacking this device all the time and not just enjoying the experience, I'd still be using my Android as my daily driver!
    03-05-13 12:46 PM
    Sounds like some people haven't had issues with sideloading, but there's loads of people who have, I'll wait for a seamless experience and properly released apps, I don't want to have random reboots some people are having, if I wanted to be hacking this device all the time and not just enjoying the experience, I'd still be using my Android as my daily driver!

www.openwhatsapp.org
    03-05-13 12:54 PM
    www.openwhatsapp.org
    Yup, messaged him, waiting on a reply.
    Trying to ignore and push aside my security concerns, but hey, not many options!
    03-05-13 12:57 PM
    Have to make do with the Android version until they release the official version.

Posted via CB10
    how do you get the android version working.. it won't view my address book
    03-05-13 01:09 PM
    I'd rather wait till the original is out.
    03-05-13 01:29 PM
    how do you get the android version working.. it won't view my address book
    Unfortunately it doesn't show contacts

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 01:33 PM
    Yup, opened a thread, ask the question and disappeared

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 01:47 PM
    Just wondering, for you guys who have got the z10, how are you doing without whatsapp? Cos i use whatsapp quite abit to organise events and meetings with friends..
    How do you maintain contact with friends, especially whatsapp groups??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Old school man. Texting or even old school than that. Emails.

Posted via microwave.
    Last edited by ramin mayar; 03-05-13 at 02:19 PM.
    03-05-13 02:03 PM
    Android port .. I have a version that works fine. Just no contacts so the other person has to initiate the first chat.. after that its fine. Mine works flawlessly although Ive heard that some other versions that are floating around are buggy.

There are a lot of threads on this lately. Or PM me for more info
    03-05-13 02:09 PM
    Yup, opened a thread, ask the question and disappeared

Posted via CB10
    Well you know the old saying
    "OP is a _______"
    03-05-13 02:23 PM
    Yeah, I'd rather wait for the original to be out too.. But still no news as to how long we have to wait!!!
    03-05-13 04:46 PM
    Unfortunately it doesn't show contacts

Posted via CB10
    what was your work around
    03-05-13 11:04 PM
    yeah i agree! i'll wait for the release of the app. I can live without it for that time. I still have my note on standby for that stuff, if i need it...
    03-05-13 11:07 PM
    Is scope working on ur Z10?....If so...Where can i get the bar file from....Seems am having issues with the bar file i got from goodereader...won't let me sign on...Kept. Saying am running an old version of scope...Please download the latest version from Google play....Am i missing something here...?
    03-05-13 11:46 PM
    I got it from this Thread

Is scope working on ur Z10?....If so...Where can i get the bar file from....Seems am having issues with the bar file i got from goodereader...won't let me sign on...Kept. Saying am running an old version of scope...Please download the latest version from Google play....Am i missing something here...?
    poppian likes this.
    03-05-13 11:57 PM
    I can't get instagram working, but all the others I've sideloaded work great.
    03-06-13 12:29 AM
    With all these side loading thing... I wonder if the process is reversible i.e. BB apps and games can be side loaded to Android too...
    03-06-13 05:16 AM
27 12