BB is getting an red X when email is sent even though it is going through. ATT&T BB. (GroupWise)

Tried wipping and reactivating it on the BES, Still the same problem, Tried moving the user account on a new server and still the red X. Any ideas?

Nicole
    314AFC416
    10-01-08 01:22 PM
    BB is getting an red X when email is sent even though it is going through. ATT&T BB. (GroupWise)
    Are you sure it's going through? The red X generally means that your email/sms/mms never left your phone.

Check and make sure your radio is turned on for data services. And check with your carrier to make sure you're account is set up for BES.

I'd also normally suggest talking to your BES administrator, but from your OP it sounds like that's you - and I don't normally recommend talking to yourself, at least not where someone else can overhear you .
    10-01-08 01:44 PM
    I'm not familiar with Groupwise, but when this happens in Exchange it's because besadmin account does not have Send As permission assigned to the account that's having the red x problem. Perhaps there is a similar setting in Groupwise? Try posting in BES Admin section, lot's of BES knowledge in there.
    10-01-08 02:25 PM
    Could be your mailbox is full or over quota.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 02:49 PM
    I'm not familiar with Groupwise, but when this happens in Exchange it's because besadmin account does not have Send As permission assigned to the account that's having the red x problem. Perhaps there is a similar setting in Groupwise? Try posting in BES Admin section, lot's of BES knowledge in there.
    Ontop of the SendAs perm, you need to make sure that your Active Directory account doesn't have any protected AD groups in it.. if it does, you wont be able to send email.

Basically this happens for a few reasons, SendAs Perm, you're in a protected AD group, or your mailbox *could* be full.. but that's doubtful that's the issue.

If SendAs is being delegated at the ORG level, then it should be affecting everyone in your company who has a BB..

If you were recently added to a protected AD group, remove yourself or have the exchange admin remove you. You can see the list on the web.. there's about 10 of them.

Here's the list.

The protected groups in Windows 2000 are listed below:

Enterprise Administrators
    Schema Administrators
    Domain Administrators
    Administrators

The protected groups in Windows Server 2003

Administrators
    Account Operators
    Server Operators
    Print Operators
    Backup Operators
    Domain Administrators
    Schema Administrators
    Enterprise Administrators
    Cert Publishers

If you are in any of those groups, you'll have problems. People who are, generally will need a 2nd AD account that is the domain admin account with those groups on THAT account, not your main AD account.
    Last edited by sniffs; 10-01-08 at 04:10 PM.
    10-01-08 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD