What do you guys think of the new t-mobile plans. Personally for me it would cost me the same as my current plan now, I would just get more value for the same price.

http://www.tmonews.com/2013/03/breaking-down-t-mobiles-new-uncarrier-no-contract-one-rate-plan-fits-all-approach/
    03-04-13 10:57 PM
    Yeah it works out more expensive with an EIP for the phone on top of the plan for me but still looks interesting with everything unlimited
    03-05-13 06:10 AM
    It works for me to migrate from Sprint.
    03-05-13 10:22 AM
    My grandfathered rate is better. I want to keep it for the unlimited data plan.
    bunky1971 likes this.
    03-05-13 11:24 AM
    I was looking at these new plans on T-mo's site and was very interested, seeing as the $70 plan has unlimited data. I want to switch from Sprint since they won't be carrying the Z10, but will I have to purchase the Z10 from T-Mo at full price in order to get on one of their un-carrier plans, or will it be subsidized like it would be if I got one on a 2 year contract...?
    03-06-13 09:17 AM
    I believe you either buy at full price or can pay in installments. So it's like $100 for a phone then $20 or so per month till the phone's paid off.
    03-06-13 09:39 AM
    Equipment Installment Plan (EIP) Support | T-Mobile

Doesn't sound like a bad deal. Although, maybe they need to update their Equipment Installment Plan faq's page, as it says 'not available for monthly4G (pre-paid)'...? I guess when I'm ready to switch I'll go in to a store and get all the details, because that's not bad if I can drop $100 down and pay $20/mo for the p?hone.

Monthly 4G Prepaid Plans | Compare Prepaid Data Plans | T-Mobile

Was looking at the $30 plan with unlimited text/data and 100 talk minutes (i rarely talk on the phone so 100mins is no big deal for me). That would be roughly 50/mo. That's already half of what i'm paying/mo at Sprint. Cool, i'm getting excited now
    03-06-13 10:00 AM

Doesn't sound like a bad deal. Although, maybe they need to update their Equipment Installment Plan faq's page, as it says 'not available for monthly4G (pre-paid)'...? I guess when I'm ready to switch I'll go in to a store and get all the details, because that's not bad if I can drop $100 down and pay $20/mo for the p?hone.

Was looking at the $30 plan with unlimited text/data and 100 talk minutes (i rarely talk on the phone so 100mins is no big deal for me). That would be roughly 50/mo. That's already half of what i'm paying/mo at Sprint. Cool, i'm getting excited now
    It is a good deal for people coming from the other carriers. The money you save can go to the price of buying the phone.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-06-13 11:24 AM
    ya, id be way under my Sprint contract by about $20/mo...and would get limited mobile hotspot for free. the price is excellent and seeing as TMO got a good chunk of SoCal spectrum from ATT makes it a viable choice for me.
    03-06-13 01:00 PM
    I went into T-Mobile today, to ask about the Z10, and check out their plans. No firm date at the store yet, but with the new Un plans, my bill will be about $70 less than i am paying sprint right now for my 2 lines. I m lucky that i work for a company that gets a discount, and will save 15% on each phone i purchase. I am so gone from sprint the day it is released.
    03-06-13 01:06 PM

The Equipment Installment Plan is not available for Monthly 4G customers. Only postpaid customers can get the EIP.
    03-17-13 04:24 PM
    I went into T-Mobile today, to ask about the Z10, and check out their plans. No firm date at the store yet, but with the new Un plans, my bill will be about $70 less than i am paying sprint right now for my 2 lines. I m lucky that i work for a company that gets a discount, and will save 15% on each phone i purchase. I am so gone from sprint the day it is released.
    Went to a store today, lady said she isn't 100% sure because their training starts this week on the new plans, but since the BB is available the 27th, after the new plans on the 24th, you would have to buy the phones out right at full price, or pay a down payment then pay installments. But with the installments, my new bill will be much higher than my old one...
    03-17-13 11:04 PM
    saw a article on mashable that sprint WAS getting the z10 in the later part of this year!!
    03-18-13 12:00 AM
    Went to a store today, lady said she isn't 100% sure because their training starts this week on the new plans, but since the BB is available the 27th, after the new plans on the 24th, you would have to buy the phones out right at full price, or pay a down payment then pay installments. But with the installments, my new bill will be much higher than my old one...
    I hope she's right about the installment plan. Don't know if i can purchase my Z outright
    03-18-13 04:14 PM
    Just an FYI...if you buy from a partner like walmart or best buy then you get the normal subsidized phone cost and slightly higher rate classic plans. The value plans are only if you go directly through Tmobile.
    03-18-13 04:25 PM
    I talked to a Tmobile agent today and he said they would start preordering Friday the 22nd for the z10. no word on price though.
    03-18-13 05:05 PM
    I checked out the new plans, and if i switch from sprint to TMO for my 3 lines(2 phone, 1 3Gwireless internet), I will save close to $100 a month. i am so gone from sprint within the next 30 days.
    03-19-13 09:59 AM
    03-19-13 05:59 PM
    03-20-13 12:12 AM
    Lol. Engadget is a little slow on the uptake...
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    03-20-13 01:02 AM
    Looks like the TMo UNcarrier plans went live...

http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-p...ndividual.html
    03-24-13 04:49 PM

Cell Phone Plans | Cheap Cell Phone Plans & Unlimited Data | T-Mobile
    It doesn't say it anywhere on the site, but with this new plan, is there a way to just get a phone without data or texting?
    03-24-13 06:58 PM

Cell Phone Plans | Cheap Cell Phone Plans & Unlimited Data | T-Mobile
    Yeah and holy $hit they weren't kidding about simplifying things. I was looking at family plans, and these are the options:

2 lines, unlimited talk and text: $80. Each of the two lines has 500MB of 4G data, and AAL is $10 (with it's own set of unlimited minutes, texts, and 500MB data.) Hotspot included.

Yes, that's it. That's the base plan. Insane.

The option to customize comes in at data. If you want 2GB instead of the free 500MB, that will be $10 extra per line. I didn't look at other options, but I think the unlimited 4G is $20.
    03-24-13 07:03 PM
    It doesn't say it anywhere on the site, but with this new plan, is there a way to just get a phone without data or texting?
    Unlimited texting is included with the base plan. You do not have to add data, but the base plan already has 500mb of data. So the the least you pay a month is $50.
    03-24-13 09:27 PM
    Yeah and holy $hit they weren't kidding about simplifying things. I was looking at family plans, and these are the options:

2 lines, unlimited talk and text: $80. Each of the two lines has 500MB of 4G data, and AAL is $10 (with it's own set of unlimited minutes, texts, and 500MB data.) Hotspot included.

Yes, that's it. That's the base plan. Insane.

The option to customize comes in at data. If you want 2GB instead of the free 500MB, that will be $10 extra per line. I didn't look at other options, but I think the unlimited 4G is $20.
    Ya. For the individual plan I'm debating between going unlimited no hotspot or 4.5gb of data w/ hotspot. They both cost the same. At least I know I can switch it up whenever I need too...
    03-24-13 09:32 PM
45 12