As the title says...the problem still persists! Errors, errors, errors! Somebody help!!
    03-04-13 10:55 PM
    As the title says...the problem still persists! Errors, errors, errors! Somebody help!!
    Since the vast majority of people clicking on your thread have no idea what your problem is or what you are seeing or what you have tried, it might help you to give a short, calm history of what has been happening and what you have tried.
    suvo likes this.
    03-04-13 11:58 PM
    yep... a little more details please!
    03-05-13 12:00 AM
    Ok...i had posted it in earlier thread...but here it goes:
    I had set up my email accounts (yahoo, hotmail and gmail) successfully on my z10 and was receiving and sending mails without problems. Then i had some issue with my phone, so deleted my mail accounts before handing it over for a check. Now i cannot set up my email accounts again! First only yahoo was giving me error, but now i cannot setup any of the previous accounts. I used to keep getting an error stating "imap.mail.yahoo.com server is unavailable". Then the error changed to "Invalid username or password" for some days and now its back to the previous error that the server is unavailable. The dealer said its happening because of wifi and i should switch off the wifi while adding an account, i tried that but didn't help. My carrier said they reset my details and it should work fine now, but that didn't help too! Have lodged another complaint and awaiting that call!! In the meantime, its been so many days, i need to access my mail while on the go!

Edit: I even did a security wipe and tried again...didn't make a diff! And i never handed the phone to the tech guy for the check....so he has not tampered with anything!
    03-05-13 12:10 AM
    I'm not sure why you see experience this problem I set up my second z10 yesterday and added 6 emails no problem, one of then failed but after retrying worked. I'd say contact blackberry support or set them up manual if you know how.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 12:31 AM
    I'm not sure why you see experience this problem I set up my second z10 yesterday and added 6 emails no problem, one of then failed but after retrying worked. I'd say contact blackberry support or set them up manual if you know how.

Posted via CB10
    I wrote a mail to Blackberry help but got a "Do not reply" general response...not answering my issue.
    03-05-13 01:12 AM
    Can you log onto the mailboxes from your computer using the user name and password you are using on the phone? It may be possible your account is locked out.

BesAdmin Z10 User
    03-05-13 01:28 AM
    Can you log onto the mailboxes from your computer using the user name and password you are using on the phone? It may be possible your account is locked out.

BesAdmin Z10 User
    Absolutely no problem on the laptop for signing in the accounts!
    03-05-13 01:38 AM
    Dear nmonbb, let's make perfectly clear where the issue is: I could ask you to verify the settings, to google the error message etc, but that won't help. Why? When you set it up the first time it worked fine, this means that you probably went through the same steps to set up the e-mail account now with settings that previously worked. This means that either the e-mail provider has problems or there is a bug with the BB10 system. It is not realistic that all of your e-mail providers suddenly have the same issues... thus it is most likely a problem with BB10 system. Why? What does that mean, bug with the system?

For example: You set it up the right way and entered the correct password, and it gives you the error "user or password incorrect". What happens here is that a connection to the e-mail server is established and it received the logon credentials that you entered on the Z10. But they are not correct. You entered them correctly on the Z10... so even though the data you enter is correct the Z10 does something to make the data invalid. You cannot enter the credentials "more correctly", they are either correct or invalid. If the server does not accept the data and you entered it correctly there is nothing you can do. That would be a BB10 system bug.

If you want help from us please take the time and make a screenshot of each settings page for one account (yahoo is enough) and make a screenshot of each error message you get. If you get three different ones please post all of them. Don't write it down, please post a screenshot. If the error message window gives you an option for more details, please select it. Then we might be able to identify the issue, IF it is NOT a bug but a problem with how you set up the acount.

There will be a detailed error log somewhere on the phone but the Z10 is so new that I would not know how to find this logfile.
    03-05-13 01:58 AM
    First of all thank you "slashstarfish" for your reply. I tried adding the email accounts in the morning and failed. Just tried doing it again and it added gmail and hotmail without any problem this time!!! woohooo! But yahoo is again giving errors. The error and settings are as shown below:
    Cannot setup my email accounts on BB10-img_00000010.jpg
    Cannot setup my email accounts on BB10-img_00000012.jpg
    Cannot setup my email accounts on BB10-img_00000013.jpg
    Cannot setup my email accounts on BB10-img_00000014.jpg
    03-05-13 02:48 AM
    Your 'Server address' entry is wrong. It currently is 'rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com' but it has to be 'imap.mail.yahoo.com'. The same goes for SMTP server address, it needs to be 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com'. Please change that and try again. If you receive an error message please post a screenshot.
    03-05-13 04:05 AM
    Had tried that also before. When i put imap.mail.yahoo.com i get this:

Cannot setup my email accounts on BB10-img_00000015.jpg
    Takes long time for "Saving and verifying your email settings"!
    WatFrog likes this.
    03-05-13 04:18 AM
    Please do the following one after another. Testing all of this will clarify where the issue is (yahoo/wifi/cellular/blackberry...).

- Switch to the other network option (if you tested this on cellular please switch to wifi, or the other way around), now check which error message you receive with the settings that are currently entered (the ones that I said should be correct). Do you receive the SAME error message (...is unavailable)? If not, please write down the new error message.

- Test with wifi: Go to settings -> Network connections -> Wi-Fi -> Advanced -> Diagnostic Information (dropdown menu) -> Ping -> Ping type to 'IP Address or name', IP Version to 'IPv4' and for 'Ping to' enter 'imap.mail.yahoo.com'. Write down the results. It will show: 4 packets transmitted, x packets received (x=?) and it will show an ip address, please write it down as well.

- Next: Please change your password deliberately to a wrong one. Do you then receive the same error message (no need for a screenshot, just the message itself)? Test with both cellular radio and wifi. Do both produce the SAME error message and which one is it? If two different error messages, please write down both.

- Now do not change the password back to the correct one, instead change the 'Server address' entry from 'imap.mail.yahoo.com' to 'immaapp.mail.yahoo.com' and once again tell me the error message you now receive (again, no screenshot necessary). Test it with both wifi and cellular. You should receive the error 'The server... is not responding. Please...'. You should receive the SAME error message with wifi and cellular, is this the case?

Please take the time to do all of this, there won't be any further tests to do.
    03-05-13 04:59 AM
    Here are the results: (all with the setting of imap.mail.yahoo.com)
    - On wifi only, on data service only and on both on: result was same! the same error that the server is unavailable!

- Ping info:
    Cannot setup my email accounts on BB10-img_00000017.jpg

- Wrong password: On data service, wifi only and both on same error message: "Make sure email address and password are entered correctly". This error message comes immediately after entering wrong password.

- Wrong password and immaap.mail.yahoo.com setting: wifi and data service on, only wifi and only data service on: "The server smtp.mail.yahoo.com for your account is not responding. Please check your settings and try again.
    Same message in all cases. Also as mentioned earlier, the "Saving and verifying your settings" msg goes on for a considerably long time!
    03-05-13 06:43 AM
    The results show the following:

I believe this issue is related to your specific yahoo account with this specific e-mail address. To clarify please create a completely new yahoo e-mail account with a new address and check if the Z10 accepts it. If it does, then you know that the problem is with your account and you will have to contact Yahoo to resolve the issue. Why do I think this? Your Z10 communicates with the e-mail server and the server recognizes your account credentials and it recognizes that you entered the correct password. This is often a hint that there are issues with the account. In case I am wrong keep reading.

It does not accept the new account that you just created either? That means that your Z10 handset probably rejects all yahoo e-mail accounts, the issue is not with the network nor with Yahoo. The problem is your specific handset. This definately is not a hardware problem so wiping and reinstalling the BB10 operating system should resolve the issue. If it does not you might have a bug that is related to the specific version that is now installed, you would need a different version (older or newer). You wrote that you brought in your handset for service and the issue persists since then - it could be that a different version of the os was installed that has this bug. Bringing the phone in for repair won't help, it will be determined that there is no hardware fault and after reinstalling the software it will be returned to you. This does not mean that you should not contact BB/carrier for help, but make it clear that you don't want to send in the device. You could try to swap it for a new one if that is possible.

There is no more clarification possible on my side, I hope that this helps you to solve the problem.
    Tuborgmann and nmonbb like this.
    03-05-13 07:17 AM
    The results show the following:

I believe this issue is related to your specific yahoo account with this specific e-mail address. To clarify please create a completely new yahoo e-mail account with a new address and check if the Z10 accepts it. If it does, then you know that the problem is with your account and you will have to contact Yahoo to resolve the issue. Why do I think this? Your Z10 communicates with the e-mail server and the server recognizes your account credentials and it recognizes that you entered the correct password. This is often a hint that there are issues with the account. In case I am wrong keep reading.

It does not accept the new account that you just created either? That means that your Z10 handset probably rejects all yahoo e-mail accounts, the issue is not with the network nor with Yahoo. The problem is your specific handset. This definately is not a hardware problem so wiping and reinstalling the BB10 operating system should resolve the issue. If it does not you might have a bug that is related to the specific version that is now installed, you would need a different version (older or newer). You wrote that you brought in your handset for service and the issue persists since then - it could be that a different version of the os was installed that has this bug. Bringing the phone in for repair won't help, it will be determined that there is no hardware fault and after reinstalling the software it will be returned to you. This does not mean that you should not contact BB/carrier for help, but make it clear that you don't want to send in the device. You could try to swap it for a new one if that is possible.

There is no more clarification possible on my side, I hope that this helps you to solve the problem.
    Thank you so much for taking out time to go through this issue. I did think of creating a new yahoo account n trying it. Will do that and see. Strange is that i had this account working before perfectly fine! and this is the account i use the most, so this is important for me. I am waiting for the carrier to call back as i have complained about this already. Hope this gets resolved soon!!
    03-05-13 07:36 AM
    Thank you so much for taking out time to go through this issue. I did think of creating a new yahoo account n trying it. Will do that and see. Strange is that i had this account working before perfectly fine! and this is the account i use the most, so this is important for me. I am waiting for the carrier to call back as i have complained about this already. Hope this gets resolved soon!!
    I had the same issues yesterday with my Yahoo and Hotmail after doing a security wipe. They were fine before. I try to delete and add the accounts encounter the same message you have. The security wipe also cause problem bridging my playbook. I got frustrated and decided to migrate all my yahoo and hot mail accounts to my gmail account(the only one that still works). Later that night without doing anything different i decided to give it another try and all my emails is now working. Incidently, I have to do both manual pairing and set up pairing to get my playbook to bridge with my Z10 again.
    03-05-13 08:42 AM
    I had the same issues yesterday with my Yahoo and Hotmail after doing a security wipe. They were fine before. I try to delete and add the accounts encounter the same message you have. The security wipe also cause problem bridging my playbook. I got frustrated and decided to migrate all my yahoo and hot mail accounts to my gmail account(the only one that still works). Later that night without doing anything different i decided to give it another try and all my emails is now working. Incidently, I have to do both manual pairing and set up pairing to get my playbook to bridge with my Z10 again.

Oh well thats good! Atleast its all working for you now. I have been able to setup hotmail and gmail again but no luck with yahoo!
    03-05-13 08:44 AM
    Update: I tried to add another yahoo.com account and i got the same error! So whats going on?? Why is the issue only with yahoo accounts? Anyone else having a problem adding a yahoo account?
    03-05-13 10:23 AM
    OK, now it's time to hear if it works for other Z10 handsets. If it does, then wiping and reinstalling should solve the problem. Or the version of the operating system is faulty, then wiping will make no difference. If it does not work Yahoo has a problem...
    03-05-13 03:28 PM
    What issue did you have with your BlackBerry Z10 that necessitated deleting your email accounts and recreating them? I think you are leaving out a lot of information.

Update: I see you have resolved the issue. Happy days!

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    03-05-13 03:33 PM
    FWIW NMONBB: I have two yahoo accounts set up on my Z10, no problems doing that (but done prior to the upgrade to .85 OS this morning). I ran into a similar problem as described here when trying to set up my gmail account, I kept getting the username or password is incorrect. I had bot wi-fi and data service on. I deliberately changed my password on the gmail account and I tried the suggestion of switching off the wi-fi and tried to set up the account again. Worked perfectly.
    03-05-13 03:47 PM
    FWIW NMONBB: I have two yahoo accounts set up on my Z10, no problems doing that (but done prior to the upgrade to .85 OS this morning). I ran into a similar problem as described here when trying to set up my gmail account, I kept getting the username or password is incorrect. I had bot wi-fi and data service on. I deliberately changed my password on the gmail account and I tried the suggestion of switching off the wi-fi and tried to set up the account again. Worked perfectly.
    I tried all combinations of creating the yahoo account on wifi only, wifi off and both wifi data on...nothing works somehow!
    03-05-13 11:20 PM
    OK, now it's time to hear if it works for other Z10 handsets. If it does, then wiping and reinstalling should solve the problem. Or the version of the operating system is faulty, then wiping will make no difference. If it does not work Yahoo has a problem...

I did do a wipe before when yahoo account was creating a problem initially. After that even hotmail account stopped working! So wondering whether i should be trying a wipe again :s
    03-05-13 11:22 PM
    What issue did you have with your BlackBerry Z10 that necessitated deleting your email accounts and recreating them? I think you are leaving out a lot of information.

Update: I see you have resolved the issue. Happy days!

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    Issue is not yet resolved unfortunately! I deleted my accounts before taking to the dealer since i had to get my phone checked for BBM not working with wifi on.
    03-06-13 08:41 AM
55 123