Okay so I know the Netflix thing is getting really annoying but I just wanted to throw out an idea. It has probably been thrown around before but hey, why not again?

First off I just wanna say I'm not one of those people who NEEDS netflix on blackberry, I have a laptop to watch it and an xbox 360. But I am getting really tired of people complaining and hating on bb as if it's their fault and it would be nice to be able to watch it on my Playbook.... Although I can watch anything on hbogo and projectfreetv through the browser... (You didn't hear it from me)

So Complaining to Netflix is clearly not working (I've done so many times and so have a lot of you and obviously it never gets us anywhere because there's still no Netflix app) and the reason is because most of us already have Netflix and will continue to use it regardless of there being a bb app.

So what I'm suggesting is (and I know I'm going out on a limb here assuming everyone is on board but bear with me, just an idea) if we all agree to a date here (or not) and sign up to all be included in one giant netflix deactivation, we could probably get Netflix to budge on a bb app. I mean last time I checked there was over 8000 viewers on these forums and most of you probably have Netflix. If we all agreed to end our netflix subscriptions relatively simultaneously (or not, whenever you'd like is fine too but I feel the more the merrier in this situation) that would be $8 (cost of a month of netflix)x 5000 (not going to assume everyone here has an account so let's just go with 5000 subscribers) that would be $40,000 netflix would be losing out on...

That being said I've read in a few places that netflix has roughly 25 million users (give or take) so it doesn't seem like they would be missing us too badly but THAT being said, it can't possibly cost $40,000 to create and maintain an app for us blackberry users (especially if blackberry said they would build it for their lazy asses) so I have a feeling that they would rather make the app than lose almost half a million dollars ($480,000) annually.

So.... I don't know the best way to go about this but I was thinking maybe we get as many users to agree they'll drop netflix as we can (make a list of how many users until we reach a fair amount?) and then we pick a day (or week) to all deactivate and make some magic happen.

If you think you can't live without netflix may I suggest a Site I've heard about called projectfreetv (Google it) apparently they have all your favorite top shows and movies usually as it airs or sometimes even before it does (I know, amazing, netflix doesn't even do that) and best of all its FREE!

So what say you netflix/blackberry users? Are you game?

Oh and if you have any other suggestions on this matter, please feel free to comment. Oh and sorry for all the parenthesis and punctuation/grammatical errors haha I'm not the best writer, especially with this playbook.

Hope we can show netflix we mean business!

-Mars
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    03-04-13 08:01 PM
    Come up with a catchy name for this, but please dont use the word occupy anywhere in said "logo". I can live without netflix, but my 3 yr old son might put a horse head in my bed.
    swaxolez and stitch69 like this.
    03-04-13 08:13 PM
    The italian way lolol

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 09:39 PM
    This is the only way these companies would learn. If they want to play around and NOT "go out of their way" to bring BlackBerry users an app, then so be it, let us strike. :P
    HigherThanMars likes this.
    03-04-13 11:31 PM
    What frustrates me is the fact that Netflix has a WP8 app. Why can't they make one for BB10? Even a port will do for now!
    03-04-13 11:35 PM
    I'm down

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 11:40 PM
    What frustrates me is the fact that Netflix has a WP8 app. Why can't they make one for BB10? Even a port will do for now!
    that's because Microsoft has deep pockets and payed well for it. They have spread around incentives and cash to get the developers on board. Sad to say Blackberry doesn't.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    03-04-13 11:58 PM
    Okay so omarha and absolutet23 are in, what about you other commenter's? Will you really deactivate your account when the time comes? I'm serious, I will totally deactivate my account when we have enough people. I'm starting to make a list of those who say they are willing and when we get to a reasonable amount then we can set a date or maybe if this gets popular enough we can have kevin or someone from the crackberry team promote this idea! Then we'll see who's court the ball is in... I'm thinking of course after the bb10 launch in the states because you never know if netflix will get their ****s together once they see the excitement of bb10 in the states but if they fail to release an app after everyone has bb10 then it's on like donkey Kong!

Oh and to ukcatfan3... I'm having trouble thinking of a catchy name. How about we just strike and say "until blackberry gets flix, no blackberry's netflix" haha.... I'll keep trying. How about "either netflix for blackberry or you get quits from crackberry"?... I'm trying
    Last edited by HigherThanMars; 03-05-13 at 01:39 AM.
    omarha likes this.
    03-05-13 01:04 AM
    They don't care, 8000 of their customers signed a petition to make the app for BlackBerry.
    They said no, they may be the stupidest company EVER, when it comes to platform control...
    03-05-13 06:18 AM
    I won't ever sub unless they support BB10. I don't think they care and I don't either.

Service generally sucks. I may join for a month just to get the Kevin Spacey series, that's all I see worth watching.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 06:25 AM
    Okay so omarha and absolutet23 are in, what about you other commenter's? Will you really deactivate your account when the time comes? I'm serious, I will totally deactivate my account when we have enough people. I'm starting to make a list of those who say they are willing and when we get to a reasonable amount then we can set a date or maybe if this gets popular enough we can have kevin or someone from the crackberry team promote this idea! Then we'll see who's court the ball is in... I'm thinking of course after the bb10 launch in the states because you never know if netflix will get their ****s together once they see the excitement of bb10 in the states but if they fail to release an app after everyone has bb10 then it's on like donkey Kong!

Oh and to ukcatfan3... I'm having trouble thinking of a catchy name. How about we just strike and say "until blackberry gets flix, no blackberry's netflix" haha.... I'll keep trying. How about "either netflix for blackberry or you get quits from crackberry"?... I'm trying
    I guess April 1st?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 07:14 AM
    Good luck with this... Sad to say, it won't do a thing. Netflix is well aware that BB users want their service. Until BB10 proves itself, or someone coughs up A LOT of money, it isn't going to happen. You said so yourself, 5k subscribers out of 26 million is not even .0002%
    03-05-13 07:33 AM
    They don't care, 8000 of their customers signed a petition to make the app for BlackBerry.
    They said no, they may be the stupidest company EVER, when it comes to platform control...
    Yeah but what's a petition going to do? They already knew we wanted the app but they know we weren't going to stop using it so they didn't care. If all of a sudden within a weeks time 5000 subscribers up and quit, that would be saying a lot more. Would they rather lose $480,000 annually without those users or just make a damn blackberry app? Even a port would be fine, it's not going to cost them that much....
    03-05-13 12:18 PM
    I've never had Netflix. Can't help you guys out.
    03-05-13 12:25 PM
    Good luck with this... Sad to say, it won't do a thing. Netflix is well aware that BB users want their service. Until BB10 proves itself, or someone coughs up A LOT of money, it isn't going to happen. You said so yourself, 5k subscribers out of 26 million is not even .0002%
    I disagree, I think they want as many users as they can get because those 5k subscribers are shelling out $40,000 a month. That's a lot of money compared to how much they would have to spend on making a simple app... Have some faith dude, be a part of something instead of just going along with a business because it's more convenient and less troublesome. People are so lazy these days.

Come on people! We can do this! Honestly I might not even go back to Netflix even if they do make an app... Waste of money. But if it will make people stop ******** about it then let's do it! I'm all for supporting blackberry!
    03-05-13 12:28 PM
    Nice, now I'm lazy because I think your petition has no chance of working... Good luck buddy
    03-05-13 03:00 PM
    Nice, now I'm lazy because I think your petition has no chance of working... Good luck buddy
    No you're lazy because you don't want to help out, you just came on here and completely **** on the whole idea. Why don't you just not say anything at all if you don't have something worth-while to add. Its not a petition, its a mass deactivation dude. Obviously a petition didn't do anything, we've been there and done that. I would love to prove you wrong so why don't you just deactivate your netflix account april 1st along with everyone else and see what happens? I'll personally get a hold of someone at netflix and tell them that a bunch of blackberry users are quitting their service until they make an app for us. Then they'll see a couple thousand people quit their service and realize we mean business. Then we get an app and all the netflix addicts can watch what they want on their bb's and everyones happy. Sounds like a good plan, now we just need people to go through with it and not just say "hey, good idea" or "its not going to work" because a) you don't know that it won't work and b) nay saying doesn't get anyone anywhere and neither does repeatedly telling netflix that they should make an app. Actions speak louder than words, so let's take action! We need this thread to be promoted! And people to help out! It says over 500 people have viewed this thread and I only have like 2 people who are willing to follow through lol... HELP!
    03-05-13 03:32 PM
    No you're lazy because you don't want to help out, you just came on here and completely **** on the whole idea. Why don't you just not say anything at all if you don't have something worth-while to add. Its not a petition, its a mass deactivation dude. Obviously a petition didn't do anything, we've been there and done that. I would love to prove you wrong so why don't you just deactivate your netflix account april 1st along with everyone else and see what happens? I'll personally get a hold of someone at netflix and tell them that a bunch of blackberry users are quitting their service until they make an app for us. Then they'll see a couple thousand people quit their service and realize we mean business. Then we get an app and all the netflix addicts can watch what they want on their bb's and everyones happy. Sounds like a good plan, now we just need people to go through with it and not just say "hey, good idea" or "its not going to work" because a) you don't know that it won't work and b) nay saying doesn't get anyone anywhere and neither does repeatedly telling netflix that they should make an app. Actions speak louder than words, so let's take action! We need this thread to be promoted! And people to help out! It says over 500 people have viewed this thread and I only have like 2 people who are willing to follow through lol... HELP!
    03-05-13 04:01 PM
    This is getting annoying. What does it take for any of these companies to make an app? Is it some crazy process with lots of money being thrown in to make the app, or are these people at war with BB.
    03-05-13 04:14 PM
    This is getting annoying. What does it take for any of these companies to make an app? Is it some crazy process with lots of money being thrown in to make the app, or are these people at war with BB.
    It's been annoying for a while. Many of us have been waiting nearly 2 years to see it on our playbooks. It's not a crazy process either, that's the weird part. Netflix actually makes those apps in-house. So is there more to this then simply "building an app"? The answer is really obvious
    03-05-13 04:31 PM
    Okay if it takes throwing money at them how about we all give netflix like $8 every month so we can have a blackberry app... Oh wait, we already do that but without a BlackBerry app... Smh
    03-05-13 06:26 PM
    Okay if it takes throwing money at them how about we all give netflix like $8 every month so we can have a blackberry app... Oh wait, we already do that but without a BlackBerry app... Smh
    Yeah, it really sucks... Like a lot of people on CB (or so it seems), I probably wouldn't use the app much, if at all. Granted I don't use public transportation. But still, this is about getting BB back on top, and Netflix is a very popular app on the other platforms, so it would definitely help BB to have it as well. I'm just crossing my fingers that once the z10 is released in the states and everyone sees how awesome it is, that netflix will come to their senses. Only time will tell
    HigherThanMars and MaximV like this.
    03-05-13 07:00 PM
    Netflix stinks. I didn't like it when it was free on my pc and if it comes to blackberry I won't be getting it either.
    03-05-13 07:16 PM
    I feel like the only time I would use netflix is to prove to other phone users that blackberry isn't just a barren wasteland when it comes to apps (at least big name ones)... And my girlfriend always gloats about having netflix on her ipad mini. I usually just use project free tv anyways, it's free. And my Playbook has hdmi out so that'll usually put her icrap to shame. Also my Playbook was $100 compared to her ipad that was over $300...

Anyways, thought doing something to get Netflix on our side would help bring blackberry to the top... Hence this thread. Clearly people don't care too much if they aren't willing to do something about it.
    03-05-13 07:48 PM
    Yeah unfortunately no. Sorry buddy. It was a valiant effort though
    03-05-13 08:55 PM
29 12