A friend from carrier notify that the battery will remain bad until enhanced fast dormancy is applied by the carrier network.
    I remember the same thing few year ago with android where you go to engineering screen and enhanced fast dormancy is there as an option.
    Bottom line is now that BIS is gone carrier networks setting will pretty much define signal search and battery life.
    So unless we got update from carrier, the battery will never get better.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 05:35 AM
    Therefore you have to get specific update from your carrier only, as other sim card/ carrier will have different setting, frequency and network parameters.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 05:38 AM
    Is this for real??!
    03-04-13 05:54 AM
    I believe it is. A lot of people getting worse battery, most probably from sim card trick
    Years ago i use to flash ROMS on Android and WM phones (htc HD2) and you have to get correct radio rom for your carrier.
    Otherwise you can expect all sorts of problem. Each network has different setting and optimization, even when using similar frequency.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 06:01 AM
    Well enhanced fast dormancy is default on on every modern network. Nothing to activate as far as I understand the technology. The handset automatically tries to use the sleep state in it and the network supports that. And a few years back this technology was new, now it's standard, since iOS version 2.1 or so it was in the iPhone and in the Blackberry since the Bold. It's hardly anything new....and I doubt it's something the carrier will send to your handset. But maybe an RF engineer can chime in.
    03-04-13 06:07 AM
    I believe it is. A lot of people getting worse battery, most probably from sim card trick
    Years ago i use to flash ROMS on Android and WM phones (htc HD2) and you have to get correct radio rom for your carrier.
    Otherwise you can expect all sorts of problem. Each network has different setting and optimization, even when using similar frequency.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but the GSM standard is based on roaming as well. So the network and the handset agree on which technology is present and what to use, even if not "saved" in the handset. I think that this is not anymore an issue. But am happy to be proven wrong. So as long as you are using the right OS for your specific phone, it should all work out of the box.
    03-04-13 06:09 AM
    Dont think that is the problem. my first z10 (unlocked) lasted about 6 hours on a full charge. Then I took it to service as it stopped connecting to wireless networks after 10 days.. I kept the battery & back , and they sent the phone to service center. After 2 days they replaced the phone , and now it lasts me all day with the "old battery". .. (stl100-1, os version STILL 10.0.9.2372). But updating later this evening anyways as DU (uae) has just released it today
    03-04-13 06:13 AM
    Mine is stl002, most probably from UK, running in Indonesia, and i got it before official launch..hence poor battery. Would that be a correct statement?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 06:13 AM
    well my battery life changed tremendously after I installed the leaked 261 update via autoloader. So whatever battery saving magic is in the update it helped. Not sure it has anything to do with dormancy but it might be one of the things FIXED in the update. Maybe it was just implemented wrong. who knows.
    03-04-13 07:29 AM
    True, i believe so. My friend from the carrier said that they are still testing the z10 vs network to get the best setting and to release the update. Most probably before product availability date which is March 15

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 07:36 AM
    My battery is amazing

Posted via CB10
    billsterjito and Sqoon like this.
    03-04-13 07:42 AM
    My battery is amazing

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted from my Z10.
    03-04-13 07:46 AM
    i have been othe phone to o2 as i work for reseller with o2 corporate so have some clout

it is currently getting tested and will in the next 48 hours according to o2, i have todl them that Vodafone have rolled out and others have used a Voda SIM to force the update and they are gonig to speak to their managers to see if they can speed the process up as they dont want their customers forcing the install because of their own delays.

the optimisation updates are what are needed to improve the battery as there is way too much going on in the background when the phone is still inactive, RIM have noticed and are now obviously fixing it.
    kbz1960 and jacmeister68 like this.
    03-04-13 07:47 AM
    I have had no battery drain issues since the last update. Going strong all day long!

CB10 App, Z10
    03-04-13 07:51 AM
    Its too much signalling as my carrier confirm.
    This 261 is it for GSM 3G a
    In UK, and will match stl002..is it correct?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 07:51 AM
    the update is for all devices but will be pushed out by the carrier you are using, please go on the crackberry homepage where all information of downloading the update are.

it has been rolled out for STL100-3 by Verizon Bell etc etc and STL100-2 in UK have been able to download on Vodafone but no where else yet.

cant be bothered to keep repeating the details on the update, it is posted everywhere on here.
    03-04-13 07:56 AM
    i have been othe phone to o2 as i work for reseller with o2 corporate so have some clout

it is currently getting tested and will in the next 48 hours according to o2, i have todl them that Vodafone have rolled out and others have used a Voda SIM to force the update and they are gonig to speak to their managers to see if they can speed the process up as they dont want their customers forcing the install because of their own delays.
    the optimisation updates are what are needed to improve the battery as there is way too much going on in the background when the phone is still inactive, RIM have noticed and are now obviously fixing it.

Thanks for letting everyone know on here, thats good info. i was surprised that o2 were letting voda get a march on them with this update
    03-04-13 08:34 AM
    No issues here my battery is awsome on 4G network rogers and LTE is not in my area.

So it some what debunks this carrier friend of yours idea as signal strentgh is an issue and the poorer the strength the worst battery usage you will have.
    03-04-13 09:12 AM
    No issues here my battery is awsome on 4G network rogers and LTE is not in my area.

So it some what debunks this carrier friend of yours idea as signal strentgh is an issue and the poorer the strength the worst battery usage you will have.
    Good for you. Good signal, awesome battery life, and an update. I got good signal but nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 06:00 PM
    Sounds plausible. Hopefully it gets investigated...
    03-04-13 06:17 PM
    No update just yet. I may never get the update since my device is 002 while carrier is using 001 hehe

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 09:41 PM
    Currently updating using M1 simcard Singapore

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sportline; 03-08-13 at 11:49 PM.
    03-08-13 11:27 PM
    Hoooraaaay now phone is a lot colder and sure battery is now better!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 02:24 AM
    I did the sim trick with the Vodafone sim and then my carrier (giffgaff) pushed out the update. It doesn't let me update because it's the same version. What can I do.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 04:14 AM
    I never see any confirmation step during the update ; just turn on the phone on wifi and the update show up.
    In fact i got two update in a row.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 07:28 AM
26 12