Hi, i'm a new z10 user and here are few things that pisses me off about the device and i need help with.
    First of all,, how does the blackberry protect app work? I know it's in the settings but it won't back up/restore my content
    I can't add image folders.. I tried and it won't work.. Any one knows how?
    Older blackberry phones supported a lot of characters.. This phone only shows small squares/boxes instead
    Any character app that can help?
    The contacts app is driving me craaaazy urrrrgh.. I set a picture for a contact, i restart my device and the picture is gone
    I add a new contact and i find his name twice in my contacts list :/ .. I link a BBM contact with a sim card contact and my contact's name changes from it's original real name to it's silly bbm nick name
    Is there's any way i can make the contacts app simpler like the old BB phones?
    Blackberry desktop was very helpful with restoring contents and installing extra BB apps and add ons
    It isn't the same with blackberry link
    Any ideas how to use BB link?

And is there any way to update my OS without waiting for my carrier to Release the update?
    Plz help and thanks
    03-02-13 04:20 PM
    bb protect tracks and locate your lost device, sends it a message, locks and wipe it if necessary
    if you find two of the same contacts on your contact app, then you can link them together.
    03-02-13 06:11 PM
    God, I love this phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 06:18 PM
    bb protect tracks and locate your lost device, sends it a message, locks and wipe it if necessary
    if you find two of the same contacts on your contact app, then you can link them together.
    Yes i kno what BB protect does, but it won't do it's job,, i can't restore my content
    And my contacts' names keeps changing when i link them with another contact
    03-02-13 06:25 PM
    BlackBerry Protect doesn't have as many features, most likely because they expect you to be syncing your important data. Contacts and calendar can be synced and apps such as Dropbox can handle the rest.

The other possibility is that these features may be added later.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 06:28 PM
    Yeah, it kinda sucks that you have to do this, but go to file manager, and make a new folder there (either on the SD or the phone) in the "Photos" folder. It'll show up
    Older blackberry phones supported a lot of characters.. This phone only shows small squares/boxes instead. Any character app that can help?
    What? :S
    The contacts app is driving me craaaazy urrrrgh.. I set a picture for a contact, i restart my device and the picture is gone. I add a new contact and i find his name twice in my contacts list :/
    This issue is actually being caused by whatever service you're using to sync your contacts (Google, etc.). I've had it happen many times in the past, and it's always been a certain device changing the contacts just enough that the phone doesn't recognize them as the same.
    I link a BBM contact with a sim card contact and my contact's name changes from it's original real name to it's silly bbm nick name
    I think this has to do with your "base" contact being the BBM contact. unlink the contacts, then go to the contact you want and click > links > add the link here. I haven't had this problem, but that's my suggestion. Also, you could try changing your contact's name from the BBM app to their real name.
    Blackberry desktop was very helpful with restoring contents and installing extra BB apps and add ons
    This phone isn't just a computer accessory anymore, and BB is trying to reenforce that just like every other manufacturer. You shouldn't need your computer for anything other than maybe to sync music and do backups. You could still sideload (install) apps, but it's all done wirelessly. This is a big improvement, so I'm not sure why you think it's a negative?
    And is there any way to update my OS without waiting for my carrier to Release the update?
    Yes there is, and it has to do with going to some site. I remember hearing that the site doesn't work on some browsers and that Firefox is a good one to use, but that's all I know. Also, doing it this way will wipe all your data.
    billsterjito, eBud and lynxs_claw like this.
    03-02-13 06:43 PM
    im having issues with my contact list aswell,
    I do not want my facebook friends and my thousand twitter contacts in my contact app. I just want my device contacts so that when I go to compose SMS its not a massive disaster of everyone I've ever contacted in my whole life.
    I have turned off the contacts sync and tried reinstalling ect. still happens.
    I also would like the contacts app to be more like the 7.1 OS, it used to import information from facebook and twitter for my specific phonebook contacts, now it seems like its all or nothing.

any suggestions?
    03-03-13 10:56 AM
    I do not want my facebook friends and my thousand twitter contacts in my contact app. I just want my device contacts so that when I go to compose SMS its not a massive disaster of everyone I've ever contacted in my whole life.
    I also would like the contacts app to be more like the 7.1 OS, it used to import information from facebook and twitter for my specific phonebook contacts, now it seems like its all or nothing.

any suggestions?
    You can exclude Twitter and FB contacts from showing up in your contacts app by swiping down from the top and going in to the settings menu while you are in your contacts app.
    Frenchman75 likes this.
    03-03-13 11:04 AM
    I hear you! My contacts are all screw up, regardless of how many time I reedit them. Person A info appear under a person C. And some duplicate and triplicate with less info or additional info from another contact.I have try to disable sync contacts on all my email accounts, a few minutes later still some of the contacts looking like The Human Centipete.
    Hi, i'm a new z10 user and here are few things that pisses me off about the device and i need help with.
    First of all,, how does the blackberry protect app work? I know it's in the settings but it won't back up/restore my content
    Older blackberry phones supported a lot of characters.. This phone only shows small squares/boxes instead
    The contacts app is driving me craaaazy urrrrgh.. I set a picture for a contact, i restart my device and the picture is gone
    I add a new contact and i find his name twice in my contacts list :/ .. I link a BBM contact with a sim card contact and my contact's name changes from it's original real name to it's silly bbm nick name

Plz help and thanks
    03-03-13 11:07 AM

any suggestions?
    When you open your contacts, bottom left is where you can sort by how you'd like. Also, if you simply go to your text page in the hub (or tap your text message icon), hit compose, then start typing the name of the person you want, a list of options of people you want appears. There's no need to open the contacts app.
    03-03-13 11:12 AM
    God do i ever love this phone....

Posted via CB10
    billsterjito and sooman54 like this.
    03-03-13 11:15 AM

Plz help and thanks
    Sell it get 9100 !!
    03-03-13 11:19 AM

any suggestions?
    In Contacts swipe down and in settings you can turn on/off for all your various accounts. Cheers.
    03-03-13 11:24 AM
    I know how to sort them, the issue is when you compose an sms, and want to send it to more than one person, you end up adding them from the entire list regardless of options used to sort your contact book.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 11:55 AM
    To get around the FB & Twitter contacts appearing everywhere, I delete them which keeps them out of contacts until you restore your phone or delete your contacts. This works for me
    03-03-13 12:06 PM
    God do i ever love this phone....

Posted via CB10
    ^^ This!

CB10 App, Z10
    MiSsY_ likes this.
    03-03-13 12:06 PM
    ^^ This!

CB10 App, Z10
    +10 me too...cant complain I love my Z10. Can only get better!
    MiSsY_ likes this.
    03-03-13 12:16 PM
    Protect doesnt work the way it did with BBOS7 devices and older.
    I see some one has already listed the features available via the website now. It works together with your BBID, which creates links and backup certain futures of your device or allow you to do a device switch when you've entered your BBID.
    What you want it is to do a device switch, if you have an OS7 device or otherwise you could backup with and restore with BB Link software. Before doing that though, make sure to set up your accounts, for eg email, before doing the restore.
    You can view the features of BB Protect here by entering your BBID.

If you highlight and long press a contact, you will see a new menu appear on your right, the option with the tick will let you select that contact, you can then select any other contact and once you have choosen all the ones you want you can link them together, merging all the information contained in each contact.
    Once the contacts are linked, you can edit that single contact, that now holds all the information to what ever name you like, regardless of BBM or FB names.
    I did this with my FB, BBM and Address Books contacts. Once I had merged all each persons additional info, I just filtered my contacts to show Address Book only, which took away all the extra FB, email etc contacts that werent attached to any particular telephone no.
    Being able to link the contacts like that is really helpful and easy.
    03-03-13 04:34 PM
    I hear you! My contacts are all screw up, regardless of how many time I reedit them. Person A info appear under a person C. And some duplicate and triplicate with less info or additional info from another contact.I have try to disable sync contacts on all my email accounts, a few minutes later still some of the contacts looking like The Human Centipete.
    Same problem dude.. Gonna try the different tips the others gave me
    03-04-13 06:01 PM

The new BB protect does not back up data files. Use the Link software for Blackberry to back up your phone.

I don't know your language setting, but the characters are all there. Read up in the instruction manual about using the keyboard, language, and extended characters. It is easy to use. You can start by pressing the number access in the keypad. The instruction manual explains this. You can download the detailed user instructions from Blackberry support. It is a PDF file.

The contacts app is driving me craaaazy urrrrgh.. I set a picture for a contact, I restart my device and the picture is gone.
    I add a new contact and I find his name twice in my contacts list :/ .. I link a BBM contact with a sim card contact and my contact's name changes from it's original real name to it's silly bbm nick name.

The pictures must first be properly saved on the SD card in the phone. Then it will be possible to have your contacts linked with the picture. The phone cannot have linked pictures that are in the cloud (on an external server).

The contacts work very much like the older phone. I realize the menus are a bit different. The group categories are no longer present. This is supposed to come in one of the future updates.

It isn't the same with blackberry link.

The new Blackberry management program is Link. The Link software will be for all the new Blackberry phones, and from what I hear it will also be for their new tablets. In simple terms, connect the phone to the computer, and start the Link program. After about a minute or two the Link software should find the phone providing the phone drivers were properly installed. Then when clicking on the phone icon at the bottom menu line in Link, you should be able to call up the options to backup or restore the phone. Take note that the phone must be registered to the Blackberry ID to function for backup, restore, update, and remove or install new software. I would suggest you read the instructions for using the Link software. Also I suggest you read the instruction manual about the phone. in the Link program there is a Help system (Click on the ?).

Once you get used to this phone it is a breeze to use. We have a number of these phones. After a few days everyone got used to it. We love this phone very much. It is easy and fast to work with.

See my explanation above. It works very well.

Plz help and thanks
    I suggest to wait for the carrier to release the update. The reason is in the version of OS you will get it will be tweaked to be optimized for your carrier's system type. For example, the carrier I am using did not yet get the new release for their system.
    03-04-13 06:31 PM
    Thanks for the help
    and my old bb knly had arabic and English languages abd it showed all kind of characters
    This one won't
    Here's what I'm talking about

http://2bb.me/f-16f3754309
    http://2bb.me/f-9b75abdb21
    03-04-13 06:55 PM