Yet another reason to dump Yahoo as they announced they are dumping their Blackberry app:
    Yahoo to shut down seven products, including Blackberry app - Yahoo! Finance
    03-02-13 03:15 PM
    LOL! I dumped yahoo light years ago!!!!!
    jinxednuance likes this.
    03-02-13 03:18 PM
    LOL! Yahoo has not been relevant for a very long time. They should have taken the money when Microsoft offered them 44.6 billion in 2008.
    03-02-13 03:28 PM
    LOL! I dumped yahoo light years ago!!!!!
    A light year is a measure of distance.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    adjdudley21, bekkay and raino like this.
    03-02-13 03:47 PM
    I probably haven't been to yahoo com other than by accident in years.
    03-02-13 03:54 PM
    i think i created a Yahoo account like 12 years ago because I had to... and then I didn't use it at all. I vaguely remember that Yahoo was a search engine i only used even longer ago when I wanted to search by categories....

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    03-02-13 04:05 PM
    As a company often written off for dead, you would think that Yahoo would have something in common with BB. But now BB is back...and Yahoo is still Yahoo.
    THBW, imz, Jince and 1 others like this.
    03-02-13 04:07 PM
    LOL! Yahoo has not been relevant for a very long time. They should have taken the money when Microsoft offered them 44.6 billion in 2008.
    I posted this on another thread that was bashing Yahoo - According to Wikipedia, Yahoo has more employees than (RIMM /Blackberry), more equity and more assets. Most people don't think Blackberry has been relavent for a long time either.
    direfan, m1a1mg and Coachbulldog like this.
    03-02-13 04:08 PM
    They're still confusing BBOS and QNX with Safari, how they heck do they know how many BB users are using Yahoo! services?
    Neely2005 likes this.
    03-02-13 04:22 PM
    I posted this on another thread that was bashing Yahoo - According to Wikipedia, Yahoo has more employees than (RIMM /Blackberry), more equity and more assets. Most people don't think Blackberry has been relavent for a long time either.
    maybe that's why they are in the crapper. they need to shed the fat.
    maddie1128 and willhugforlove like this.
    03-02-13 04:24 PM
    maybe that's why they are in the crapper. they need to shed the fat.
    Are you talking about Blackberry or Yahoo? Yahoo stock is up 50% in the last year and Blackberry is even. You might think Yahoo is in the crapper because you don't use them, but a huge majority of people don't use Blackberry either. They both have lost a ton of market share, but are both making money.
    03-02-13 04:57 PM
    Are you talking about Blackberry or Yahoo? Yahoo stock is up 50% in the last year and Blackberry is even. You might think Yahoo is in the crapper because you don't use them, but a huge majority of people don't use Blackberry either. They both have lost a ton of market share, but are both making money.
    Hold your tongue! This is a "fansite!" Go somewhere else! LOL. I don't think many want to hear that...

Seriously, how can you fault a company that's not where they want to be consolidating offerings? Isn't that what RIM/BBRY is doing?
    m1a1mg and Coachbulldog like this.
    03-02-13 05:02 PM
    New CEO has a major mad on for BB...... does not even consider BB a smartphone... so such suprise no one....
    03-02-13 05:25 PM
    your post was in reference to yahoo. sorry, but stock being up does not equal making money. companies only make money off of the initial IPO.
    03-02-13 05:30 PM
    Seriously, how can you fault a company that's not where they want to be consolidating offerings? Isn't that what RIM/BBRY is doing?
    exactly. someone's just a little touchy.
    03-02-13 05:32 PM
    I seldom ever use an app to go to sites like yahoo or the like.

I actually still use Yahoo quite a bit as it is my main email service. I don't know, works fine for me. I still have an AOL account as well, lol! It gets to me, simple as that.

Oh and this was well known before the z10 even came out. I believe it was on os7 devices they were talking about getting rid of it.
    03-02-13 09:52 PM
    what is a yahoo app?
    willhugforlove likes this.
    03-02-13 10:47 PM
    It actually makes sense. Web content like yahoo should be all HTML5 Web apps anyway. M.yahoo.com works great in the Z10 browser if you care about it. I actually didn't even know there was a native yahoo app. ;-p

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 07:23 AM
    What is yahoo???
    bluetroll likes this.
    03-03-13 09:47 AM
    what is a yahoo app?
    IKR? Been using a Blackberry for a while now, but never once heard of a Yahoo app. Probably means no one was using it, anyway, so it's only right to drop the app.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    03-03-13 10:12 AM
    The only thing i use from yahoo is their finance to look up stock quotes. I will switch to bloomberg now.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 10:35 AM
    I use Yahoo and Google all the time, I even have a hotmail account too. Marrisa Mayer is fighting to keep Yahoo afloat like Blackberry's Thorston.
    My PlayBook keeps changing Marrisa to marriage and Thorston to Thornton- keeps me on my toes.
    Google has been pruning their offerings and so their prot�g� is following that pattern. Yahoo has been in decline so this stuff does not surprise me just wish it did not involve BlackBerry.
    03-03-13 01:26 PM
    Boycott Yahoo as much as you can..this new CEO sucks, do not even know what is smartphone and said that BB was not smartphone
    03-03-13 03:52 PM
    A light year is a measure of distance.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    lol thanks sheldon

Big Bang Theory rocks

Penny: But on the other hand, if things don�t go well with Leonard, I risk losing a really good friend. I mean, I guess he�s not looking for a fling, he�s the kind of guy that gets into a relationship for, I don�t know, like you would say light years.

Sheldon: I would not say that. No-one would say that, a light year is a unit of distance, not time.

Penny: Thank you for the clarification.
    maddie1128 and willhugforlove like this.
    03-03-13 04:03 PM
    Why would yahoo ceo burn her bridge with 80 million BlackBerry subscribers and growing. She should be fired.

Posted via CB10
    maddie1128 likes this.
    03-03-13 05:17 PM
38 12