Hello, I know i'm not a Poster or Known person here but.....

Its just driving me crazy and i need answers, I'm From Middle East and I got a z10 in the same day it came to market! (yes i'm a huge BlackBerry Fan)

Every single second i keep seeing BlackBeery z10 update 10.0.10.85 Rogers, Telus and bla bla bla..... I dont know the service providers in your countries sorry
    In this Middle F*** east there is nothing at all! i don't think we will get it, cz we have lame z10 STL 100-1 not STL 100-2 or Even STL 100-3 what ever
    why RIM Doesn't support Middle East ?! even when i had my BB 9900 I used to update the other carriers os. and the only update we got is the 7.0.something not even 7.1

and from my side in here KSA or Gulf countries U cant find the z10 why? cz its out of stock yub, in the same day the stores gets the z10 100% of people fight to get it. and if RIM did a survey they will find that Gulf countries are the most BB users and 90% of them in KSA, here even a 6yo boy have a BB 9900 or something nice (my own small brother have Porsche Design, and he is 9yo)

and if u say i'm over acting, Every single time i see a post of someone contacted RIM with the customer service or any thing by email RIM replies to them, I did more than 100s of emails, i didn't even got a (Dont-Reply email) WTF.

oky i know i talked alot forgive me , here are my Questions and please if someone just give me an answer :
    1- Why RIM doesnt Care about Middle East users ?!
    2- Why most of the countries in the world would get an os update in Middle East it doesnt ?! yub some countries gets late Updates, But we never does!
    3- Will Middle east get the new OS update for z10 even if our phones are STL 100-1 ?

please someone give me answers ? and I hope this post gets to one of the People in RIM and Know that we in Middle East deserve some attention to
    toutounjiomar likes this.
    03-02-13 11:28 AM
    Well, this time we will not be able to grab it from their website, it will be pushed via OTA by the carrier (Zain, STC or Mobily) only, you got my point yes, it means we are getting sh!t

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 11:38 AM
    Well we are Screwed, Like they know any thing, the only Fix they konw about BlackBerry is (Do a Battery pull) and that is it, thats there method of fixing it.

and now i'm screwed more than u, Cz i'm currently in Jordan (i study there) and here we have (Umniah, Zain and Orange) and the only company until now works with z10 is Umniah the others like Orange Not even there sim card works (WTF) the said the doesnt have support for the phone, in zain you can make a phone call no BB10 service, Welcome to Middle East people
    03-02-13 11:44 AM
    Well we are Screwed, Like they know any thing, the only Fix they konw about BlackBerry is (Do a Battery pull) and that is it, thats there method of fixing it.

and now i'm screwed more than u, Cz i'm currently in Jordan (i study there) and here we have (Umniah, Zain and Orange) and the only company until now works with z10 is Umniah the others like Orange Not even there sim card works (WTF) the said the doesnt have support for the phone, in zain you can make a phone call no BB10 service, Welcome to Middle East people
    If Rim did not address this problem they will end up loosing their customers in the Middle East for good.

Posted via CB10
    mamous likes this.
    03-02-13 11:50 AM
    If Rim did not address this problem they will end up loosing their customers in the Middle East for good.
    you got a point in that, I hope they address these problems in the nearest future or at least one day ><
    03-02-13 11:56 AM
    I live in UAE, and we still didn't get the update, i had to wait 2 moths, after it's release everywhere else, to get OS 7.1 from my network, I hope I don't wait that long for 10.0.10.85 and i hate leaked updates, they ruined my old blackberry
    03-02-13 11:59 AM
    That's because BlackBerry sucks when it comes to the Middle East. We will never get those updates until we do it the old manual way. If only we could talk to our operators and have them to do something about this.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 12:11 PM
    That's because BlackBerry sucks when it comes to the Middle East. We will never get those updates until we do it the old manual way. If only we could talk to our operators and have them to do something about this.

Posted via CB10
    You should tell your carrier to do their testing faster
    03-02-13 12:18 PM
    Mr.StutterStep
    your saying we should! right?, I tried to Talk to all of them, they say the don't understand or they don't know and i have to talk to Blackberry company about it, its not there issue.
    here in Middle east carriers will never be like other world wide carriers.
    oky i will tell you what happen with me in two different countries Jordan and Saudi Arabia with tow different carriers.
    I had a problem with my BIS activation and its from there side, they took my money and every thing and it didnt work, they keep saying both of the carriers its my phone problem and i should do a battery pull and every thing will work out! and it doesn't and you tell them that, they never listen to you.

Dude its the first time i ever see a World Wide Carrier and its (Orange), It tells you that there sim car doesn't work on a specific phone! and yes it doesn't WTF!, the Z10 reads its an Orange Sim card and every thing, but no Service nothing not even a small 0.00001% of signal Bar, and when i showed that to them with 3 z10 phones they say the phones are broken, and when they found out that there network is not supporting the z10 WTF again, they kept saying it the phones problem and they try to find a solution for us
    03-02-13 01:07 PM
    Yes and because I ask they will do that

Do you know what I did? I have tweeted to their account and BBRY asking why are you talking too long to release the update and my carrier redponded with this exact words ( update will be available from the manufacturer over coming week)

They don't even admit that the delay is from their side and I don't even think whovere is responsible on replying in their account no anything about that, I have stormed them with some words of my thoughts and they zipped it.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 01:18 PM
    I think they are too damn idiots to be releasing a software update. In fact, I'm pretty damn sure they don't even know how it works and the update process.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 01:50 PM
    Well my carrier Du in UAE says that OS updates are released by BlackBerry and they have no role in this
    And BlackBerry does not say anything.
    03-04-13 12:05 AM
    It's really horrible to read these threads. I completely sympathize with you guys. Frankly, if BlackBerry does not get their act together and start releasing these updates to all devices at once through their website they really deserve the position that they are in now and even more lost customers in the future. I've been an exclusive BB user for 8+ years now and it is truly sad to see that they have still not learned some of the most fundamental things about how to please the consumer. You can pretty much see this playing out exactly as you have found for millions of users in the Middle East, Asia, and Latin America. Heck, I'm in Canada and even we're getting shafted on the update because some of our carriers have still not released the updates because they are still "testing". Pathetic is the only word that comes to mind.

Oh and get this...a buddy of mine posted on BB Facebook page a question about this and the potential of BB selling their devices direct to consumer instead of going through the carriers always...guess what BB did? Instead of answering his question they just deleted it off of the page. That was it. Done, deleted.
    03-04-13 12:44 AM
    Ok, my company phone is an iPhone. The moment there is an update, it is released to ALL iOS devices, in all countries, at all carriers, everywhere in the world at the same time.

Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8, my carrier is still "testing" it or whatever they do. I managed to trick it on my device and the update to 7.8 is worth it.

My old BlackBerry torch 9860 could be loaded with other carriers OSs and it worked very well.
    My Galaxy Nexus gets the updates ...sort of .... in time, it's "rolling out" usually over a few weeks. Why a WEB company like google cannot release it immediately like Apple to it's much smaller user base is beyond me.

So if it comes to updates, Apple really looks at the customer and doesn't care **** what the bloody carriers want to "test". I like that approach. Especially as you can ALWAYS just use an updated phone and pop in a SIM card of every carrier. So what's the point of the testing if you can't avoid having these devices in your network in any case?

Companies who treat their customer first and with respect have the most success. I usually don't care so much about the update, waiting a week, fine. But when it is about so many improvements that you are desperately waiting for, it really kills you.
    03-04-13 12:59 AM
    Thanks to Team CrackBerry, we finally found a way to force update.

Want to Update your BlackBerry Z10 to OS10.0.10.82? Works Worldwide : https://t.co/pKTfKPVJOg

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 01:06 AM

Want to Update your BlackBerry Z10 to OS10.0.10.82? Works Worldwide : How To: Force Update your BlackBerry Z10 Software before Carriers Push OTA | BBin - India 's Best BlackBerry Community

Posted via CB10
    These types of workarounds should never be necessary...let's see what we have so far...

Option 1: Update OTA from a partner carrier that actually released the OS update. Only possible if you happen to be on one of the carriers that released the update.
    Option 2: Buy a SIM from overseas and hope that the money you spent on it and the several weeks delay in shipping pans out for you and you successfully update (not guaranteed by the way). This also requires you to potentially have to buy a new SIM from some random carrier every time there is an update.
    Option 3: Attempt to force the latest OS to load from BB by removing your SIM and using either Link or online service to do a "factory OS restore" on your device wiping everything you have on it.

Do these really sound like good options? Does it really sound how things should be? No matter how you look at it you are either at the mercy of the carriers or you are forced to jump though serious hoops and possibly spend more money just to get something that you should be entitled to anyway. Now where is the logic in that
    03-04-13 01:10 AM
    My tweet to my carrier:
    @dutweets Any idea when we will get the Z10 software update here? It's painful to wait when you know that it fixes so many things…. Thanks!

Their response:
    @Koolpep The software update is handset related and is provided by Blackberry.

SO who is right? Gotta love this fingerpointing.
    03-04-13 01:17 AM

Want to Update your BlackBerry Z10 to OS10.0.10.82? Works Worldwide : How To: Force Update your BlackBerry Z10 Software before Carriers Push OTA | BBin - India 's Best BlackBerry Community

Posted via CB10
    That requires a Thai SIM card, man. Or "just trying all global sim cards you can get a hold of". Arrgghh. But it shows that there IS an update available. Just du and Etisalat are sitting on it.

So the fact is that the software is released by Blackberry. Great. So now we know it for sure (for the STL 100-1).
    03-04-13 01:25 AM
    These types of workarounds should never be necessary...let's see what we have so far...

Option 1: Update OTA from a partner carrier that actually released the OS update. Only possible if you happen to be on one of the carriers that released the update.
    Option 2: Buy a SIM from overseas and hope that the money you spent on it and the several weeks delay in shipping pans out for you and you successfully update (not guaranteed by the way). This also requires you to potentially have to buy a new SIM from some random carrier every time there is an update.
    Option 3: Attempt to force the latest OS to load from BB by removing your SIM and using either Link or online service to do a "factory OS restore" on your device wiping everything you have on it.

Do these really sound like good options? Does it really sound how things should be? No matter how you look at it you are either at the mercy of the carriers or you are forced to jump though serious hoops and possibly spend more money just to get something that you should be entitled to anyway. Now where is the logic in that
    No they don't. As a matter of fact it's completely inexcusable and downright pathetic we have to go down that route. I actually tried doing the Link way and my phone has been stuck at 35% downloading for the last hour. I see a "brick" coming soon. BB and carriers, get your **** together.
    03-04-13 02:41 AM
    I just checked for update today on my device and it found a new update for my stl100-1. I am in Jordan on the umniah network. its a 130mb file and its downloading now

software version that's downloading is... 10.0.10.82
    03-04-13 03:10 AM
    Got the same update today as well. Now the whining can stop.
    03-04-13 03:16 AM
    I'm in uae and i just got the update 10.0.10.85 installing now OTA woohoo. Will report back on my findings.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 03:16 AM
    Mzen, what STL version do you have? I'm getting the 10.0.10.82 only on the STL100-1.
    03-04-13 03:19 AM
    downloaded... now installing... installation seems slower than downloading
    03-04-13 03:35 AM
    Yuuuuhhuuuuuuu!!!!

So am downloading now as well (on du). 10.0.10.82 as well. Does anyone receive the update on Etisalat?

Cheers,
    K
    03-04-13 03:39 AM
30 12