Hi there my wife has had her z10 for around 3 weeks now. She like the phone, although we are getting frustrated with it, firstly it has started disconnecting from her e mail server a constant basis. Sometimes she gets no warning that this has happened untill she realises there are no e mails coming through, then she goes into settings has to put the pass word in only for this to disconnect minutes later. Now it has started asking for her AOL passord everytime she wakes the phone up, this does not connect s not being able to get passed this screen makes the phone useless untill it decidesto sudendly work again. Her battery life is around 6 hours. Are these problems a hand set problem or a software problem? We haver a chance to changethe hand set, or change to another phone.shall we give BB another chance? Wehave both been BB users for years so don't really want to change. Any body else getting these problems? Mark
    03-02-13 07:09 AM
    I am having problems setting up my email accounts too. First i set up 3 accounts (yahoo, hotmail and gmail) and they were working fine. Now am having problems with all, i tried setting them up again and always getting an error. My phone also kept asking for the password everytime i woke up the phone in the morning but would not connect. I visited the dealer and called the carrier, nothing is helping! Still cannot set up any email account!! Frustrating!!
    03-02-13 07:31 AM
    I am not having any problems with email r battery life (I have a gmail account and one that is a work email account with our own servers).

My Battery life has always been fairly good but even better after the software update. I think I went 16 hours yesterday before it completey discharged. (I was trying to drain the battery and had to play videos for 30 minutes to get it from 8% to 0 )
    03-02-13 07:39 AM
    OP... are you in the UAE ??

For some reason, the area seems to have a lot of email problems. Added security by the carriers ? Just guessing here.

Normally, your email passwords are just entered once and the settings are usually kept forever. They are sometimes reset after a software update.

Battery life should be at least 12 hours Yours may be less if the phone is trying to constantly connect to the network or email server. Make sure you are using the right charger and you completely drain and fully charge the battery a few cycles.
    New software updates have extended battery life a lot but you wouldn't have those yet.
    03-02-13 07:46 AM
    OP... are you in the UAE ??

For some reason, the area seems to have a lot of email problems. Added security by the carriers ? Just guessing here.

Normally, your email passwords are just entered once and the settings are usually kept forever. They are sometimes reset after a software update.

Battery life should be at least 12 hours Yours may be less if the phone is trying to constantly connect to the network or email server. Make sure you are using the right charger and you completely drain and fully charge the battery a few cycles.
    New software updates have extended battery life a lot but you wouldn't have those yet.
    Is there a problem in UAE regarding email setup? I am in UAE...didn't know others are also having similar problems.
    03-02-13 07:52 AM
    Is there a problem in UAE regarding email setup? I am in UAE...didn't know others are also having similar problems.
    Nothing specific that I know about. There just seems to be more than a few posts about email problems and disconnecting from the network that originate from your area. I know several features have been blocked for security reasons on the units regarding BBM.

Middle East phones also use a different processor, I think.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    03-02-13 08:02 AM
    I think theres an update coming that will add email stability. Heres to looking forward to that!
    03-02-13 08:49 AM
    Wow! I think we're going to change the handset and hope the new handset and a software updat helps! We're in the UK. My wife want to give BB another try, I am seriously thinking of swithcing to eather an Iphone or a Samsung.
    03-02-13 09:18 AM
    I have the same problem and I'm in France. It might have happened after the 10.1 upgrade. I realize this happens after phone calls of a certain duration : all synced accounts get disconnected.
    08-13-13 04:38 AM