I downloaded a ringtone online and saved it to the phone, but it just shows up in my music folder now. Any way to move this into the ringtone folder so I'm not hearing my ringtone when I have my music playing on shuffle?
    03-01-13 10:18 PM
    I don't have a great solution for this but for now I stuck them in a sub folder in the "Voice" folder. This excludes them. This will do until someone points out a better solution.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 05:54 PM
    Well, that's what I thought too. I had them in voice/ringtones on the sdcard and they showed up in my music library, moved them all to device voice/ringtones and they still showed up. Couldn't delete the folder from sdcard while it was in the phone so I ended up pulling the card from the phone and deleting them manually. Still messing with this, I've deleted the sdcard voice ringtone folder, the device's voice/ringtone folder and they're still showing up in music library which totally screws up my music playing experience. I've even tried a new folder called Blackberry but that didn't solve any issues with the library.
    Not sure what else I can do, or what I'm missing. Even a reset and battery pull won't clear the media library of these things. UGGGG!
    05-11-13 06:54 AM
    I fixed this by creating a new folder in my ring tones folder, moving the new folder out of the ring tones folder and deleting the original folder. Now they no longer show up when I play music.

However, I can only use my ring tones for setting how the phone default rings and for notifications you set from the phone notifications page. They can no longer be used to set for individual contact notifications. For individual contacts I have to use the full song from my music library. This is ok with me since I made all my ring tones from songs in my library.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10!
    05-12-13 11:58 PM
    Pretty stupid I have same issue..last phone there were dedicated folders for ringtones and podcasts that would not show up in Music..you wonder how some of this stuff makes it into production...

Posted via CB10 from my Q10
    05-22-13 04:07 PM
    I can't download songs instead. The song owns when u click download.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 03:45 PM
    This question was raised in another thread and I posted a reply there, posts #3 & #8 describing how I set up my ring tones on my SD Card and that I could access them for individual contacts. One detail I didn't add there was that the first time I went to set the ring tone in Settings/Notifications/Phone, it only showed me the BB ring tones, I had to scroll to the bottom of the list and select browse music and go to the directory I had set up on my SD Card. Once I had selected one, the other(s) appeared in my list.

Here is the link to the other thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9/#post8434216
    06-02-13 11:12 AM
    I tried this and it didn't work.

Anyone know if deleting a file from the "Music" deletes it also from the phone, or does it just remove it from the Music app library

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 11:03 AM
    I downloaded a ringtone online and saved it to the phone, but it just shows up in my music folder now. Any way to move this into the ringtone folder so I'm not hearing my ringtone when I have my music playing on shuffle?
    Best way to do this is make a dedicated folder for your ringtones. Create a text file with the name ".nomedia" (without quotes).

You can create this on your desktop or with a file manager app that allows you to create text files. You don't need to have any text within the file, just name it that. Place the .nomedia file in your ringtone folder. They will no longer appear in the music player. Hope this helps!

emPowered by ?
    06-05-14 09:07 PM
    Okay in gonna try this as soon as I get off the toilet!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 03:16 PM
    I forgot to mention to have the .txt extension hidden.

I think this is more of an issue if you use a desktop.

emPowered by ?
    06-06-14 03:33 PM
    So I did this and
    ..oddly, some of the ring tones show up in "music" app, and some don't. All are mp3 files, so that's weird

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 03:23 PM