Pretty self explanatory by the title of the thread but I was wondering if anyone else has had this same issue. I use my hot spot a lot so obviously this is an inconvenience. I don't know if it's the update itself that is causing it or if it's something else but the issue started only after the update took place so that's the more logical assumption at this point.

Any feedback would be great!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 08:54 PM
    It's working fine for me even after the update. What are you trying to connect to it? Does the phone show an IP assigned to your connecting device?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 09:00 PM
    It doesn't get to that page at all. When you flip the switch to turn on the hot spot, the loading icon just keeps spinning until it says "The startup has timed out before your mobile hot spot session could begin. Please check you wireless connection and try again"

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 09:17 PM
    It's working fine for me even after the update.
    Posted via CB10
    Its working for me as well, OP may have to wipe the phone and load OS again if he can't resolve this issue, or OP you can try and reload os under update OS software in BBLINK if BBLINK still showing an update.
    03-01-13 09:32 PM
    I shall try to do this and see what happens. Keep you posted

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 10:02 PM
    As a followup, my Internet Tethering doesn't work now either. I'm gonna reload the entire OS tmrw off my laptop. Seems to be the only option at this point. I've wiped the phone and set it to factory settings about 3 times trying to fix this but its getting late now so first thing tmrw I'll be reloading. I'll let everyone know if it works later.
    03-03-13 02:05 AM
    So after a successful wipe of the decive OS, the Hotspot STILL DOES NOT work. I dont know what to do at this point? Take it back to Rogers or call up tech support or something? I don't know of anyone else who has this issue so I don't know how to move forward
    Attached Thumbnails Mobile Hotspot not working after OS update-img_00000150.jpg  
    03-03-13 08:19 PM
    Call blackberry tech support to see if they can resolve the issue and if not, then take it back to rogers or tech support may even send you another phone, but if u can get one from a Rogers store quicker then do so.

My tethering and hot spot work after update like I noted before.

Either its a phone issue or something you have installed that us causing this to occur.

Anyway call tech support and give update afterwards as I am curious about this issue too.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    03-03-13 09:14 PM
    I can also add my hot spot is working fine after the update.
    03-03-13 09:18 PM
    So after a lengthy few hrs of back and forth calling from Rogers to BlackBerry and then Rogers Customer Care again, a manager at Rogers is working on my issue to try and resolve it. Will find out in an hour when she calls me back.

In a nutshell, what apparently seems to be the problem is that in order to use Tethering, you have to have a minimum of 1gb of data in order for Rogers to enable it on the phone - which makes NO SENSE because Tethering and Hotspot have been working fine for me since 9900 days and for the entire month that I've had the Z10. Given I have only 500mb of data, I can see why such a policy is messing it up BUT how was I able to use the Hotspot in the first place when I've had this plan for years now. Its a retention plan so I can't even just upgrade it just like that without losing out on a whole bunch of features and being forced to pay an additional $20-25 atleast. Makes zero sense to do that. Hopefully this manager is able to rectify this from her end and help me out.

Will update this thread when I get more info.
    03-04-13 01:44 PM
    So after a lengthy few hrs of back and forth calling from Rogers to BlackBerry and then Rogers Customer Care again, a manager at Rogers is working on my issue to try and resolve it. Will find out in an hour when she calls me back.

In a nutshell, what apparently seems to be the problem is that in order to use Tethering, you have to have a minimum of 1gb of data in order for Rogers to enable it on the phone - which makes NO SENSE because Tethering and Hotspot have been working fine for me since 9900 days and for the entire month that I've had the Z10. Given I have only 500mb of data, I can see why such a policy is messing it up BUT how was I able to use the Hotspot in the first place when I've had this plan for years now. Its a retention plan so I can't even just upgrade it just like that without losing out on a whole bunch of features and being forced to pay an additional $20-25 atleast. Makes zero sense to do that. Hopefully this manager is able to rectify this from her end and help me out.

Ask them for the "Add 1gb data option" for $5. Did this for my daughters line which is a retentions deal and nothing was lost or altered.
    03-04-13 02:00 PM
    Ask them for the "Add 1gb data option" for $5. Did this for my daughters line which is a retentions deal and nothing was lost or altered.
    That's awesome! When did you have that added on, if I may ask. I asked for a data add-on about a month or so ago and they said that there were no more add-ons being offered and I had to upgrade my plan in its entirety so unless the dude I spoke with lied to me, I think that might be a worthy solution. I will bring it up to her when she calls back and see what she says.
    03-04-13 02:05 PM
    It was a couple of months ago. It was basically a double your data option 500meg BB plan to 1gig for an extra $5.

On my bill it states "add 1gb data option"
    03-04-13 08:01 PM

Did you get anywhere with Rogers on this? I have exactly the same problem as you AND I already have the 1 Gbps option. I was planning the old wipe-it-clean-and-start-over approach, but if that didn't work for you, I doubt it would work for me.
    03-08-13 10:56 AM
    I'm still waiting on them to get back to me. They called me back and let me know that they would update me on March 11th. I will let everyone know what happens after they get back to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 10:43 PM
    Wow Ive been having this same issue since the OS update with Rogers as well.. I haven't had the time to try and fix it on my computer until today.. Now I cant even backup my phone as it keeps telling me it fails. I have uninstalled and reinstalled BBLINK to no luck.. getting really annoyed because the Mobile Hotspot came in handy quite a bit..

Concerned with the OPs experience with Rogers because if they are telling you its your data plan (which its not) that wont apply to me. I have 3GB data... And I used to use Internet Tethering to my playbook back with I had my Torch 9800 with a 500MB plan so that sounds like a BS "I don't know what to tell you" answer..

Really hoping to get this resolved soon...
    03-09-13 12:40 PM
    Was finally able to back up and I just restored back to factory settings.. I made sure to try to hotspot function before I reloaded any data...

No luck...
    03-09-13 01:33 PM
    Was finally able to back up and I just restored back to factory settings.. I made sure to try to hotspot function before I reloaded any data...

No luck...
    Yup lol I tried everything in my know-how as well. Everything that the "tech-experts" were suggesting I do, I had already done. It is really annoying. I posted this on the official BlackBerry forums and they only told me to tell Rogers to escalate it internally and have Rogers submit logs etc. to BlackBerry in order for them to be able to further help with the issue. Honestly, I don't think any logs would help the issue as it isn't something wrong with the phone but the OS blocking it off in some weird way. Regardless, even if I was wrong in that aspect, I really can't escalate it to that stage until Rogers gets back to me.

March 11th - Hopefully they can shed more light on it.
    03-09-13 08:48 PM
    I'm on the same boat. I'm on Fido and hot spot was working before the update. Ever since the update it stopped working. I even did a wipe and still the same result. Maybe I should give Fido a call.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 08:59 PM
    Well I think it's pretty obvious at this point that it's the OS update that's messed it up for everyone. I'm gonna report it on the BlackBerry forums as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 11:11 AM
    Well I think it's pretty obvious at this point that it's the OS update that's messed it up for everyone. I'm gonna report it on the BlackBerry forums as well.

Posted via CB10
    Wtf it works for me and many others.
    03-10-13 11:30 AM
    Wtf it works for me and many others.
    Au contraire my friend lol
    03-10-13 11:07 PM

I got somewhat the same spheel from a fido rep when I tried to get tethering enabled on my gf's phone. they say they will only enable it if she upgrades to a 1gb plan. some bs about her plan being old and not having the option. my plan is basically exactly the same as hers and tethering with 500mb works no problem. we got our plans half a year apart. total carrier BS trying to push their own agenda. the rep then stated "oh you don't want tethering it will eat all your data" blah blah. like really? you are telling me what I want? smh

anyways, I've updated on fido and yes, my hotspot and tethering still work on a 500mb data plan.
    03-10-13 11:57 PM
    I just spoke to Fido and they told me that for tethering or hot spot to work I would need to be in on a 1 GB plan. I know that there are a few who has 500mb plan that works. Can anyone suggest what I can tell the people at Fido how I can get this to work without increasing my data plan?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 02:23 PM
    I just spoke to Fido and they told me that for tethering or hot spot to work I would need to be in on a 1 GB plan. I know that there are a few who has 500mb plan that works. Can anyone suggest what I can tell the people at Fido how I can get this to work without increasing my data plan?

Posted via CB10
    The way Rogers is 'trying' to resolve it for me is simply because of the fact that I told them that I was using these features without a hassle for so long and now how are you going to ask me to pay extra for a feature that is not only built into my device but something that I was relying on. That set them off to try and fix it. I haven't heard back from them yet. Going to call them today.
    03-12-13 02:26 PM
37 12