02-28-13 06:45 PM
    Still don't understand why any of these massive companies don't hire someone with personality to do all their public speaking

We don't care who's mouth the information comes from, but it falls flat when the person presenting it is a goof and looks uncomfortable in a public speaking role
    spike12 likes this.
    02-28-13 07:11 PM
    What people forget is that Steve Jobs was a horrible public speaker originally. He got an image consultant and was coached on public speaking and was reborn as the Steve Jobs everyone remembers.
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-28-13 07:16 PM
    Still don't understand why any of these massive companies don't hire someone with personality to do all their public speaking

We don't care who's mouth the information comes from, but it falls flat when the person presenting it is a goof and looks uncomfortable in a public speaking role
    That explains Cook. He is all talk but no play. Articles make him sound like this big heroic guy who has big plans for Apple and how they're the best, but any time he goes out in public, demos a device, or is actually seen...it is clear to me that he just isn't the guy.
    02-28-13 07:19 PM
    That explains Cook. He is all talk but no play. Articles make him sound like this big heroic guy who has big plans for Apple and how they're the best, but any time he goes out in public, demos a device, or is actually seen...it is clear to me that he just isn't the guy.
    Haven't actually watched any of the Cook public speaking videos... I was referring more to Mr. Heinz(s)?

My friend says he reminds him of the lanky kid in school, who never know how to stand or where to put his hands. Just uncomfortable looking and too 'rigid'

Not exactly the person I would want trying to sell my new device... heck get Beiber up there for all I care (no don't do this)
    02-28-13 07:22 PM
    Compare the company's stock performance /eps/profits (since he became CEO) to any other tech company, and you tell me who's doing better? The company has sold a zillion iphones/ipads/macbooks, ipods, not to mention creating more jobs in the U.S. He's doing a great job imo.
    02-28-13 07:23 PM
    Haven't actually watched any of the Cook public speaking videos... I was referring more to Mr. Heinz(s)?

My friend says he reminds him of the lanky kid in school, who never know how to stand or where to put his hands. Just uncomfortable looking and too 'rigid'

Not exactly the person I would want trying to sell my new device... heck get Beiber up there for all I care (no don't do this)
    Heins lol and yea...Tim Cook is pretty awkward. I don't know if you remember, but Thor did a great job during BlackBerry World 2012. On the BB10 release though, he seemed a little antsy.
    02-28-13 07:26 PM
    Heins is okay as executives go. I've certainly seen worse. He may not be the most charismatic, but he comes across as sincere and thoughtful, which isn't a bad image to project.
    02-28-13 07:29 PM
    Heins is okay as executives go. I've certainly seen worse. He may not be the most charismatic, but he comes across as sincere and thoughtful, which isn't a bad image to project.
    I definitely get the sincere and thoughtful vibe.
    02-28-13 07:30 PM
    Compare the company's stock performance /eps/profits (since he became CEO) to any other tech company, and you tell me who's doing better? The company has sold a zillion iphones/ipads/macbooks, ipods, not to mention creating more jobs in the U.S. He's doing a great job imo.
    Apple's stock price October 23/2012: $631.36

4 months later....

Apple's stock price February 27/2013: $444.57 Down 30% in 4 months.

Pretty sure that's not good stock performance.
    02-28-13 07:31 PM
    A Zillion...lol
    02-28-13 07:34 PM
    I dont know why people hating on this cook guy.Apple history is be hot ,drop than fade away.This guys trying to not let that happen by trying to create a long term plan he's trying to sort out the business side of things that Jobs always neglected cause he like that now money.
    02-28-13 07:35 PM
    As opposed to Blackberry stock dropping roughly 25% since late January, right before they announced their revolutionary phone and OS? Are you really trying to compare Apple's success and business model to Blackberry? Grasping at straws comes to mind!
    02-28-13 07:42 PM

4 months later....

Cook became CEO in 2011. I'm not sure why you're cherry picking dates. I said check the performance since he became CEO.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-28-13 07:45 PM
    As opposed to Blackberry stock dropping roughly 25% since late January, right before they announced their revolutionary phone and OS? Are you really trying to compare Apple's success and business model to Blackberry? Grasping at straws comes to mind!
    Not at all....my point was the shine is starting to come off the Apple. Even the almighty "other fruit" is not immune to the fickle nature of investors.
    02-28-13 07:47 PM
    Cook became CEO in 2011. I'm not sure why you're cherry picking dates. I said check the performance since he became CEO.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I'm not cherry picking. I chose those dates because that is the period of time of his last 6 media appearances - the topic of the original post.
    02-28-13 07:48 PM
    Maybe it's time for Tim Cook to fry.
    plane6065 likes this.
    02-28-13 08:48 PM
    Well that escalated quickly...
    02-28-13 08:58 PM

4 months later....

You think they can post insane earnings every quarter? No they cannot. The market has seen them grow to an insanely large company and now they see them leveling off. That's not a bad thing. Many factors are put into a stock price. Not just how well or bad the company is doing.

Remember stocks have been known to flux due to speculation not by how well they are acyually doing.

Sent from my game boy color
    02-28-13 10:55 PM
    You think they can post insane earnings every quarter? No they cannot. The market has seen them grow to an insanely large company and now they see them leveling off. That's not a bad thing. Many factors are put into a stock price. Not just how well or bad the company is doing.

Remember stocks have been known to flux due to speculation not by how well they are acyually doing.

Sent from my game boy color
    Not that I am an expert on the market or anything, but I feel Apple has levelled off a LONG time ago.

They simply have been coasting on the success of the past re-issuing x3 of the Iphone

They will either have to seriously step up their game from here on in, and once again totally blow the technology world wide open... Google, Microsoft, and even Blackberry are all eyeing that prize
    02-28-13 11:31 PM
    What people forget is that Steve Jobs was a horrible public speaker originally. He got an image consultant and was coached on public speaking and was reborn as the Steve Jobs everyone remembers.
    reallly? didn't know that! Do you have more information? would be cool to read up on! thanks!
    02-28-13 11:38 PM
    Maybe it was in his book?
    02-28-13 11:39 PM
    Maybe it was in his book?
    I don't remember that in the book, but I honestly found it a bit drawn out. The info was cool and Jobs was a fascinating character ... the consumate showman, the ultimate user-focused guy ... and an utter arsehole personally.

But how many times could that book repeat, "Jobs was furious!" ... "Jobs was crying" ...
    02-28-13 11:45 PM
    I want sincerety, not polish. What you get is what you see. Go Thorsten - Please don't change !

You are producing sales demand!
    02-28-13 11:45 PM
    And yet he's increased revenues and profits consistently while in office. Do forums ever attract the armchair executives in all of us!
    02-28-13 11:46 PM
34 12