Hey Guys,
    Just curious, I am just dying to get my hands on a Z10 and maybe even go crazy and buy myself a Q10 as well later this year just because, BUT i'm a bit nervous that we are looking at all the "cool" features when maybe some of the MUST HAVE features are not going to be available on BB10.

Can anyone PLEASE help me clarify the following concerns:
    1. What is the F&^kin difference between BIS and whatever BB10 uses now? Will I keep getting INSTANT notifications on BBM, emails, Whatsapp, Facebook etc as i do now on my 9900? Or will I not even notice this change? Can someone explain in plain English? I would hate to have to be "refreshing" or waiting push interval times to get my messages!!!! Can someone please confirm how this works?
    2. In order to keep other messaging apps such as Whatsapp, MSN messnger, Google Talk etc (of course whenever they become available) will these apps have to be OPEN as active frames in order to stay "ONLINE" and be able to receive messages??? One thing i truly love about legacy BBs is that apps stay online in background and specially all IM apps. This was one of the reasons i left iPhone to BB in the first place. I would hope for a push feature through the HUB.
    3. Select MULTIPLE emails/messages (touch 2 fingers) to delete or flag etc... Is this possible on BB10?
    4. is there PODCAST app on BB10??? I haven't seen anyone mention this... i use this daily !!! MUST HAVE.
    5. BEDSIDE MODE: Kevin just posted an update that recent BB10 update now allows to "accept calls only" feature has been added. This is a MUST HAVE and not having it would make me re-consider the purchase.
    Thanks!
    02-28-13 04:59 PM
    1 Yes, no change.
    2 Maybe, depends if Dev has integrated it with the hub
    3 Yes
    4 You gotta sideload or buy a podcast app
    5 Yes.
    03-02-13 12:27 PM
    The ability to not have any website crash because the old OS can't load it while unfortunately the Z10 is super fast.

The loss of having to reboot after app installation. Again the Z10 does this way to efficiently.

The loss of having a phone that isn't as quick, less responsive, and all around less efficient at multitasking. Z10 again is way too good at this. R

Probably more but I would ultimately have to say the title should be what do I gain. That's just me. The experience so far is greatly improved and the little fixes are being addressed and will only get better. Then again I'm a glass half full kinda guy.

Posted via CB10
    twstd.reality and ianbordas like this.
    03-03-13 01:28 AM
    The thing I missed was the Blackberry was Social Feeds, a real own goal from RIM I think, but Scope can be sideloaded from Android and works pretty well. Its a big sluggish at times but still miles faster the OS7.
    03-03-13 02:53 AM
    Sorry to piggyback off this thread but I have 3 Q's of my own going from os7 to bb10 if anyone can help

1. Is there an app to extract .rar files on bb10?
    2. Does 'blackberry protect' cloud backup worth with bb10?
    3. Is there still file size attachment limitations on e-mails?
    03-03-13 03:33 AM
    Sorry to piggyback off this thread but I have 3 Q's of my own going from os7 to bb10 if anyone can help

1. Not sure to be honest as I have not tried
    2. Protect is still present and baked into the OS
    3. No file size attachments limitations

Posted via CB10
    Scion.Nole likes this.
    03-03-13 04:14 AM

Yes, BlackBerry World - iUnarchive - iUnarchive - $2.99, but you can always sideload ES File Explorer for free
    Blackberry protect is in bb10, but atm, the only way to backup is Blackberry Link.
    No
    03-03-13 10:25 PM
    Hey Guys,
    Just curious, I am just dying to get my hands on a Z10 and maybe even go crazy and buy myself a Q10 as well later this year just because, BUT i'm a bit nervous that we are looking at all the "cool" features when maybe some of the MUST HAVE features are not going to be available on BB10.

1. What is the F&^kin difference between BIS and whatever BB10 uses now? Will I keep getting INSTANT notifications on BBM, emails, Whatsapp, Facebook etc as i do now on my 9900? Or will I not even notice this change? Can someone explain in plain English? I would hate to have to be "refreshing" or waiting push interval times to get my messages!!!! Can someone please confirm how this works?
    2. In order to keep other messaging apps such as Whatsapp, MSN messnger, Google Talk etc (of course whenever they become available) will these apps have to be OPEN as active frames in order to stay "ONLINE" and be able to receive messages??? One thing i truly love about legacy BBs is that apps stay online in background and specially all IM apps. This was one of the reasons i left iPhone to BB in the first place. I would hope for a push feature through the HUB.
    3. Select MULTIPLE emails/messages (touch 2 fingers) to delete or flag etc... Is this possible on BB10?
    4. is there PODCAST app on BB10??? I haven't seen anyone mention this... i use this daily !!! MUST HAVE.
    5. BEDSIDE MODE: Kevin just posted an update that recent BB10 update now allows to "accept calls only" feature has been added. This is a MUST HAVE and not having it would make me re-consider the purchase.
    Thanks!
    I would check on some of the threads on here about which features BB10 doesn't have compared to BBOS7. A lot of those nifty BBOS7 features were lost which might upset you. Just a heads up
    Steve Rizla likes this.
    03-04-13 02:00 AM
    You will have access to Twitter, Facebook, E-Mail, BBM.
    WhatsApp is not YET available for the Z10
    03-07-13 07:54 AM
    Hey Guys,

Thanks!
    1) BBM yes,
    Email depends. Hotmail/live.com/outlook.com works. Gmail doesn't since ActiveSync doesn't work so the 'check' window is every 15 minutes. Though I have ActiveSync working on my PlayBooks, since I got the Z10 just last week, it no longer works unless you pay for a better gmail account. I don't care too much since I don't use gmail that often but it could bother you.
    Facebook - Don't use it.
    Whatsapp - not out yet.

Other - One thing I don't like is that Twitter wont notify you of new tweets. You'll get notified of new responses and I assume direct messages but that's it.

2) Don't know.

3) Not as good as on BBOS. You can't select multiple messages like I could on the 9900. If you hold a message, you'll get an option to select multiple messages but you don't get that automatic everything between the two fingers is selected like on OS 7.

4) Don't know. Nothing native though.
    ianbordas likes this.
    03-07-13 01:39 PM
    there is no more cloud backup using bb protect. you need to physically back up using desktop link.
    03-07-13 07:07 PM
    1) BBM yes,
    Email depends. Hotmail/live.com/outlook.com works. Gmail doesn't since ActiveSync doesn't work so the 'check' window is every 15 minutes. Though I have ActiveSync working on my PlayBooks, since I got the Z10 just last week, it no longer works unless you pay for a better gmail account. I don't care too much since I don't use gmail that often but it could bother you.
    Facebook - Don't use it.
    Whatsapp - not out yet.
    Just to clarify, GMail does technically have push without ActiveSync (Push-IMAP), but it doesn't seem to work all that well for most people. Mine works fine some of the time, but sometimes it's as if there's no push at all. Luckily, I moved my primary email to Outlook shortly after getting my Z10, and haven't looked back since.
    ianbordas likes this.
    03-07-13 07:30 PM
    I can say that even my side loaded android whatsapp alerts me of messages even when the app is closed. And obviously this version is not baked into the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    ianbordas likes this.
    03-07-13 08:27 PM

2. No. Unfortunately now.
    3. Yes. I think it's 6mb or 10mb. One or the other.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 08:28 PM
    You lose a few customization capabilities in exchange for a whole lot of awesomeness.
    03-07-13 09:04 PM
    You will lose pin to pin messaging.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 11:20 PM
    you will lose space in your bed. I sleep with mine
    ianbordas and shemaree09 like this.
    03-08-13 12:21 AM