Most of the time when I send an SMS, a little grey check mark appears next to it when it has been sent. Sometimes, however, instead of the check mark, a little blue "D" appears next to the message. Does this mean delivered? Or delayed? I cant find the topic anywhere in the user manual!
    02-28-13 11:00 AM
    Delivered

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 11:06 AM
    Since you're talking BBM (Blackberry messenger), given the icons you're referencing:

- the grey checkmark, means the message has been sent
    - the blue D icon, means the message has been delivered, meaning it's arrived on the user's device.

That's how I understand it.
    02-28-13 11:07 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-ti...-guide-772280/

The BBM icons are all referenced in the "user guide".
    02-28-13 11:08 AM
    It's a sort of receipt that the other person's handset sends back.
    02-28-13 11:10 AM
    Most of the time when I send an SMS, a little grey check mark appears next to it when it has been sent. Sometimes, however, instead of the check mark, a little blue "D" appears next to the message. Does this mean delivered? Or delayed? I cant find the topic anywhere in the user manual!
    Are you talking about an SMS or a BBM that you are sending?
    02-28-13 11:10 AM
    Yes, it is "Delivered" There is an option to send delivery reports within SMS settings as well.
    meganVee likes this.
    02-28-13 11:11 AM
    When it comes to SMS though, the other person needs to have it enabled on their phone. Most phones have the option to disable it.
    Protocol 2001 likes this.
    02-28-13 11:27 AM
    This isnt in BBM though, just normal SMS
    02-28-13 11:48 AM
    Im just wondering why it only happens for a few messages then? Like I said, the vast majority have a little grey check mark. Only a few show up with the little blue D
    02-28-13 11:49 AM
    SMS! And its only happening with a very small number of messages. Most of them just have the grey check mark
    02-28-13 11:50 AM
    Is it showing it on long messages that get converted to MMS automatically? I know when I send pictures and what not via SMS (Which are actually MMS) I get the blue "D". But only on MMS.
    02-28-13 11:58 AM
    I have it enabled in settings to get the Delivery 'D' show up in SMS.
    I get it regardless of who I text and I know when I text my husband he has his delivery receipt turned off but I still receive the 'D'.
    No big deal. I like it.
    02-28-13 01:08 PM
    Im just wondering why it only happens for a few messages then? Like I said, the vast majority have a little grey check mark. Only a few show up with the little blue D
    SMS! And its only happening with a very small number of messages. Most of them just have the grey check mark
    If you're gonna make a thread, at least listen to the replies. These answers were both written before you asked the above (useless/redundant) questions:

Why it's there:
    Yes, it is "Delivered" There is an option to send delivery reports within SMS settings as well.
    Why it isn't there for all text recipients:
    When it comes to SMS though, the other person needs to have it enabled on their phone. Most phones have the option to disable it.
    02-28-13 01:21 PM
    It's not just a matter of whether the recipient has the feature enabled or not. There are differences between carriers.

e.g., here in the USA, I am on Verizon. If I send a text to another Verizon user, I can get a delivery confirmation. (Assuming their device is configured or designed to send delivery confirmations.)

Whereas if I send an SMS to an AT&T user, I have never seen a delivery confirmation. I don't think that it works between those 2 carriers. I don't know whether it works within AT&T, I don't know enough people using AT&T right now to make a test.
    03-01-13 03:42 AM
    It's not just a matter of whether the recipient has the feature enabled or not. There are differences between carriers.

e.g., here in the USA, I am on Verizon. If I send a text to another Verizon user, I can get a delivery confirmation. (Assuming their device is configured or designed to send delivery confirmations.)

Whereas if I send an SMS to an AT&T user, I have never seen a delivery confirmation. I don't think that it works between those 2 carriers. I don't know whether it works within AT&T, I don't know enough people using AT&T right now to make a test.
    I know on Rogers if the first character of your sms is an exclamation point, you receive a confirmation text back that the original has been delivered.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 10:01 AM
    I know on Rogers if the first character of your sms is an exclamation point, you receive a confirmation text back that the original has been delivered.
    Interesting. On any device? (Oh wait a minute... a confirmation TEXT MESSAGE. That's different..)
    meganVee likes this.
    03-01-13 10:19 AM