Hi all,

Maybe ive missed it or something but im wondering if there is a blackberry protect app like i had on my 9900 for the Z10??

Ive had a google and cant see anything and neither does anything show up on BB world.

Anyone know??
    02-28-13 10:04 AM
    BlackBerry Protect exists on BB10, except it's no longer an app. It's built into the OS and can be found under Settings
    Spawn12 and dracolnyte like this.
    02-28-13 10:09 AM
    It's still supported but no longer a standalone app (that you'd have to download). It's now natively baked into the OS. You'll see it listed when you go into the device settings.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    02-28-13 10:13 AM
    Thanks guys for the replies.

Yes i can see it in settings part of the phone, was just hoping that they would have had a standalone app like the older BB's where you can change your synch settings as from what i can see...on the phone you cant change any settings.
    02-28-13 10:19 AM
    what sync settings would you want to change?
    02-28-13 10:35 AM
    It doesn't sync or backup...it's only for phone tracking, recovery and wiping.
    02-28-13 10:41 AM
    I think Blackberry have seriously slipped up with this. Blackberry Protect was a major feature and I can't understand why they'd choose to downgrade it in such a massive way. Surely it would have made more sense to have beefed it up and made it a total backup solution rather than downgrade it to the point where it is just a 'find my berry' free app.
    Ecm likes this.
    02-28-13 10:54 AM
    Likely because, without the data compression of BIS, syncing backups would cause a significant hit to your data plan...BlackBerry Link works fine for me to backup the device, and the wireless sync works well too.
    02-28-13 10:58 AM
    Likely because, without the data compression of BIS, syncing backups would cause a significant hit to your data plan...BlackBerry Link works fine for me to backup the device, and the wireless sync works well too.
    There was always the option to enable sync wireless only. For me, Link works great to sync media but I have the same issue as many other users where back-up does not work properly. Even if it did work, it is not as convenient as having a back up option straight from your device.
    02-28-13 01:13 PM
    It doesn't sync or backup...it's only for phone tracking, recovery and wiping.
    Oh I didn't know that, so it no longer backs up your data like it did on the older bb's??.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 03:23 PM
    Yeah it's gone downhill. Hopefully we'll see some improvements soon

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 06:36 PM