I am looking to see if anyone here has any contacts within the Team Snap organization?

I have used Team Snap for organizing team sporting events and it is an amazing program. It can do team rostering, scheduling, mapping, messaging, reminders etc for every member on the team. Great for business teams as well.

I want an app to use for my Z 10. Can someone please see if this is a workable option.

It's frustrating seeing other phone users with an app where they can take a photo with their phone and update the teams photos in seconds...
    Manage Your Team Online with TeamSnap's Sports Team Websites
    02-28-13 10:02 AM
    I am sorry to say that we don't yet have an official app for the Z10 - we are still gauging the traction of that phone and trying to figure out the best plan of action. If we commit to something, we like to do it 100% which means a pretty significant investment of time.

From what we gather, there is a way to side-load Android apps on the Z10. Have you tried that?

Ken
    VP
    TeamSnap
    02-28-13 10:55 AM
    We use team snap also for our kids hockey. The Web version displays fine on the browser but ya.. for quick uploads an app would be better I guess.

3 dad's on the team already have Z10s... follow the NHL and get on it!

;-)

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 11:06 AM

From what we gather, there is a way to side-load Android apps on the Z10. Have you tried that?

Ken
    VP
    TeamSnap
    And this is an example of how the BlackBerry Android Player is impeding development of native BlackBerry OS 10 applications.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    rjkolo likes this.
    02-28-13 11:11 AM
    Kevin, I think that this is an excellent opportunity for Team Snap to get this app rolling. A native app would be the best option!!!
    02-28-13 04:56 PM
    And this is an example of how the BlackBerry Android Player is impeding development of native BlackBerry OS 10 applications.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    Yeah...or you just can't comprehend economics. He didn't say it wasn't being developed because a port exists, he said that they're judging the platforms traction before committing. It is either no apps (Windows Phone) or Android ports (BB10), and I'd definitely rather have any app than no app. In the future, of the platform gains traction, I'm sure BlackBerry will begin discontinuing support for Android runtime slowly so that devs are forced to create native apps.
    02-28-13 05:07 PM
    I am sorry to say that we don't yet have an official app for the Z10 - we are still gauging the traction of that phone and trying to figure out the best plan of action. If we commit to something, we like to do it 100% which means a pretty significant investment of time.

Ken
    VP
    TeamSnap

This post upsets me. I really really really want to stay with blackberry but this mentality is exactly why both my husband and myself are considering switching. My son 15 year old just ditched his bb on his birthday and got an iphone. It was hard for me to let him. My question is....why are you waiting to gauge the phone? Seriously, this is supposed to be the latest and greatest. I need convincing to stay at this point. I just did a major walk through with my son and his iphone to help with my decision. My needs are..

1. Calendar - Setting reminders via the calendar and using attendees. This is huge and #1 when picking a phone and today I discovered the iphone does it pretty well so I was happy.
    2. Setting up groups - Blackberry does this the best but with the many apps available it is doable with an iphone.
    3. Skype - Video Chat is great but is it compatible with Skype or android phones, computers, laptops, tablets? No So its useless unless the other party has a blackberry z10.
    4. Teamsnap would be nice. My kids sports teams use this and its wonderful. I have to use it from my laptop not my phone while I watch other parents access the calendar, phone numbers etc right from their iphones.
    5. kijiji - Yes I WANT KIJIJI
    6. Ebay - I am an Ebay seller and this app sucks. I usually log right onto the website from my current blackberry bold 9900 and its painful. I will only do this if I have too.

For the most part..the things blackberry does for business...they do well. People need more than that now a days and I don't mean gaming. The wonderful camera, keyboard, and versatility of the windows just isn't enough.

I don't give a hoot about the games of the world which is why I have trusted and used blackberry...you are letting me down.
    03-25-13 09:03 PM
    Hello, anyone from TEAM SNAP???

How much traction do you need? BlackBerry World is now over 110000 apps and yes we don't have 1400 flashlight apps.

The Z and Q10 phones are gaining a lot of traction. Many busy parents who work in the business sector are / will use the new BlackBerry phones. These are the same parents that are racing home to feed their kids, get their sports gear together and load up, 1,2 or more kids to bring to various sports facilities. These parents are true multi tasters.

I did receive an email from Team Snap and at this point NO APP is even being developed...

If you are not interested in developing an app for BlackBerry please advise.
    05-21-13 10:44 AM