View Poll Results: How often do you use your PlayBook now that you have a Z10?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use my PlayBook more often than before I have owned a Z10

3 2.59%
  • I use my PlayBook less often then before I owned a Z10

70 60.34%
  • I use my PlayBook about the same as before I owned a Z10

43 37.07%
    Long story short: I am thinking about selling my PlayBook to help finance a Z10 when they hit the US. Z10 users: has your usage of the PlayBook changed at all since you've bought the Z10?
    02-27-13 08:45 PM
    My playbook usage has decreased, but it is primarily because of the crippled bridge we have from the z10 to the playbook...I used to be able to put my phone down and only use my playbook when I was at home...but until the bridge gets fixed...I'll be neglecting my playbook
    DirtySantos, copperoak and BB12MX like this.
    02-27-13 08:48 PM
    I very rarely use it now. I used it all the time before bb10
    Novaone likes this.
    02-27-13 08:49 PM
    There's only 24 hours in a day and Z10 pretty much have occupied it all.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 08:54 PM
    I use it when I'm not using my z10.

I use my z10 all day

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 08:56 PM
    My PlayBook is doing a great impersonation of an alarm clock. If a z10 charging stand comes out the pb may be in trouble.

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 and bert106 like this.
    02-27-13 09:00 PM
    Used it 2 or 3 times, due to reduced bridge function. Also, I tend to have z10 linked to TV whilst on my laptop.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 09:03 PM
    My playbook usage has decreased, but it is primarily because of the crippled bridge we have from the z10 to the playbook...I used to be able to put my phone down and only use my playbook when I was at home...but until the bridge gets fixed...I'll be neglecting my playbook
    I'm sure the dumbed down Bridge to BB10 devices must be a real let down.
    02-27-13 09:06 PM
    I still use it a bit, but nowhere near as much as I did before getting the z10. The bridge problem is a major factor, but my movies seem to work on the play book while not working on my z10 (mp4).

Regarding selling it to help finance a z10, the pb is only worth $50-70 ( new in Canada occasionally gets to $129-150). I say you're probably better off keeping the pb and hopefully bridge will be fixed by the time you get your z10!

Cheers and good luck!

Posted via CB10
    BB12MX likes this.
    02-27-13 09:14 PM
    still use it the same amount. Like it for movies still, and the bigger screen is still nice when reading lots of text.
    rjkolo likes this.
    02-27-13 09:18 PM
    Only 5 votes total including mine and only 10 posts in here?

11 posts including mine now.

I must say i use my playbook less often now as i am having so much fun with my Z10, but i do use the playbook at least 1-3 times a day and when i do i am on it for at least 50% of the time, once BB10 comes to the playbook i will be using it more often.

I am just bored with it is all.

I basically bought it so when i am out and abou i can browse on a bigger screen and it fits in my jacket pocket np's, so it is nice to have as it is the 4g LTE version and i have a 5GB shared data plan so i can browse where ever rogers is and also any wifi that i am allowed to be on as i am not a person who jumps onto anyones wifi without permission.
    02-27-13 09:19 PM
    Use the PlayBook less during my workday, but still use it in the evenings just like I did before Z10 launch day. The Bridge shortcomings do make a difference in use too.

Posted via CB10
    kawikaratekid likes this.
    02-27-13 09:22 PM
    I use, and have always done so, the PB for Kobo reading (got quite the collection) and browse a little. I do indeed not care for the new "bridge" but noticed great problems with the Facebook app on the Z10.
    I travel quite a bit and would not know what to do without my PB.
    02-27-13 09:23 PM
    I very rarely use it now. I used it all the time before bb10
    I am in the same boat.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 09:25 PM
    PB use decreased to not much, except for the occasional browsing on the weekend. Even more since I discovered that the Z10 can play some of my videos that aren't playing on the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 09:30 PM
    Never used that piece of crap, and never will, mine is sitting in the drawer...

Sent from my Z10
    02-27-13 09:32 PM
    Rarely. The z10 browser is just so much better. And that's what I used my PlayBook for mainly

Posted via CB10
    Jordy357 likes this.
    02-27-13 09:36 PM
    I use mine less just because of the convenience of having a larger screen at my disposal. However should I need to view larger and longer documents, and possibly edit it, that's where the Playbook comes in. At the moment, I feel the Z10 and the Playbook are out of sync. When I carried around the 9900 and the Playbook, it was a fantastic pair. Worked extremely well together. I am perfectly fine waiting for the Playbook to get the update to catch up. I'm optimistic of what we can see with the Playbook with a brand spanking new QNX OS. Personally I feel it would be a mistake getting rid of the Playbook. It still represents great value and potential. IMO of course.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    02-27-13 09:39 PM
    I was just thinking how little I use the PB now that I have the z10. I think once the novelty wears off I will use the PB more often again but the browser is so good on the z10 I'm not sure.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    02-27-13 09:45 PM
    I'm the exact same as this guy.
    02-27-13 09:48 PM
    Never used that piece of crap, and never will, mine is sitting in the drawer...

Sent from my Z10
    Well send to me as i have a use for it, pm me.
    02-27-13 09:55 PM
    It's hard to tell if the PlayBook is collecting more dust now or not... Only used it occasionally before... haven't picked it up since I got the Z10... seems to be about the same amount of use, I am sure I will still use it occasionally... its just not so tempting to drive last years model when this years is in my pocket or inches away...
    02-27-13 09:58 PM
    Almost forgot I had a PlayBook. Loving my Z10!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 09:58 PM
    Not as much as before...with my 9900 and PB with bridge --> all the time. However i haven't even connected my Z10 to my PB... I only use the PB for charts i use on my simulator...
    02-27-13 09:59 PM
    Only 5 votes total including mine and only 10 posts in here?

11 posts including mine now.

I must say i use my playbook less often now as i am having so much fun with my Z10, but i do use the playbook at least 1-3 times a day and when i do i am on it for at least 50% of the time, once BB10 comes to the playbook i will be using it more often.

I am just bored with it is all.

I basically bought it so when i am out and abou i can browse on a bigger screen and it fits in my jacket pocket np's, so it is nice to have as it is the 4g LTE version and i have a 5GB shared data plan so i can browse where ever rogers is and also any wifi that i am allowed to be on as i am not a person who jumps onto anyones wifi without permission.
    I like to add to my post:

I don't need bridge really, well for texting it would be nice to have that on the playbook or even a native app, i do have textme sideloaded and it works....

I use comwave ephone service = Free Calls and Video, better then Skype (wait no skype for us yet)...

So really do i need bridge,,,,,,,, Nope.
    02-27-13 09:59 PM
116 123 ...