02-27-13 01:33 PM
    No word on if it's native, or a port or whether there will be Hub integration..
    02-27-13 01:36 PM
    They already confirmed earlier that it will be Native.

Posted via CB10
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-27-13 01:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yup. http://crackberry.com/whatsapp-comin...pp?cb_mobile=0
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-27-13 01:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, the earlier twitter response said it was native. This article was oddly ambiguous with the subheading that says native app will "take a little longer to arrive".....strange....by little longer you mean a few weeks?? Longer than what?? LOL
    02-27-13 01:41 PM
    So by native then, i'm assuming it will have some Hub integration, or does anyone know?
    02-27-13 03:06 PM
    So by native then, i'm assuming it will have some Hub integration, or does anyone know?
    I sure hope so! And I assume it will.

I've seen this asked a few times, but never answered.
    02-27-13 07:15 PM

If it's truly native, I don't see how they could not possibly do that....or at least want to do it. Unless they have technical problems, I assume they will!
    02-27-13 09:12 PM
    We already have word that its going to be native
    02-27-13 10:07 PM

The head of BlackBerry in india has mentioned that it will be integrated with BBM.
    02-27-13 10:12 PM
    I've avoided the threads about this but now I'm curious.

WTF is whatsapp and why TF do you all think its so important?
    02-27-13 10:15 PM

It's a cross platform instant messenger. Similar in functionality to BBM (doesn't have the voice or video calling that the newer versions have). It seems to be the most popular of all the cross platform IMs out there, so if you have friends and family on iPhone, Android, Windows Phone or even Nokia Symbian, you can all chat away (group or single) and send each other pictures and stuff like you were on BBM.
    02-27-13 10:27 PM

the bigger question is why TF do you think its NOT important, just because you dont use it?

I dont use instagram or netflix, but that doesn't mean they're not important.
    JeepBB and richardat like this.
    02-27-13 10:38 PM
    It's a cross platform instant messenger. Similar in functionality to BBM (doesn't have the voice or video calling that the newer versions have). It seems to be the most popular of all the cross platform IMs out there, so if you have friends and family on iPhone, Android, Windows Phone or even Nokia Symbian, you can all chat away (group or single) and send each other pictures and stuff like you were on BBM.
    Thanks. How is it different from using basic text with multiple people?
    02-27-13 10:48 PM
    the bigger question is why TF do you think its NOT important, just because you dont use it?

I dont use instagram or netflix, but that doesn't mean they're not important.

I'm not TF bashing it. Just asking WTF it is?
    02-27-13 10:53 PM
    They are going Native and it will likely be the best whatsapp available on any platform.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    akabbani likes this.
    02-27-13 10:58 PM
    Thanks. How is it different from using basic text with multiple people?
    First of all.. It uses data, whereas texting obviously doesn't. As well, it has Group Chat, voice memos, video etc. For me, MMS has always been unreliable especially depending on who's sending it. Whatsapp also has Status updates etc the same as BBM offers. Other than D/R notifications (although it does have delivery notifications) .. It's exactly like BBM from an end user point of view.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    02-27-13 11:00 PM
    I've not used BBM but have unlimited texting, but otherwise I see the allure.
    02-27-13 11:07 PM
    It's important because EIGHTEEN BILLION messages were sent on it on New Years Eve. I have never used it in my life, but that does not mean I don't see it's importance!
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-27-13 11:12 PM
    I've not used BBM but have unlimited texting, but otherwise I see the allure.
    I have unlimited texting too, but for those who don't, it's very attractive to be able to use this over wifi - hence its popularity.
    02-27-13 11:20 PM
    I have unlimited texting too, but for those who don't, it's very attractive to be able to use this over wifi - hence its popularity.
    It only works on wifi?
    02-28-13 07:14 AM
    It only works on wifi?
    Works over wifi and data and with other people running the app abroad as well.
    I'm certain you don't have unlimited texting to people all over the world!
    Makes a big difference if you have friends/family abroad.
    02-28-13 07:24 AM
    I was going to answer Tim-ANC, but you have put it nicely Bob
    02-28-13 09:27 AM
    Indeed.

For those who dont know, its kinda like BBM without as many bells and whistles (and security). Its different, and better, then unlimited texting cuz it will work over wifi as well as regular data. It also gives confirmation of reciept, like bbm,

I'll give you an example for why its useful. For the past 3 weeks i was in the wilderness of norther alberta (oil sand country) for a field portion of a project we have going on. The cell service there was limited, and only bell and telus towers were avaialble. So even with unlimited texting, i'd be SOL....but thanx to wifi, i was able to keep in touch with a group chat i have with some friends of mine.

And btw, these friends are located in toronto, dubai, london, and calgary (me).
    02-28-13 03:41 PM
    Is there a cross platform video chat app that works on BB 10?
    • FaceFlow is only for BBs so far. Their site says they are releasing soon for Android and iOS though.
    • BBM Video works only on BB.

Does anyone know of any cross-platform video-chat apps (maybe an Android port, or Android sideload) that has been *confirmed* to be working on BB Z10?
    02-28-13 04:03 PM
60 123